Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Concert reunions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'll be at Maiden. I'll meet anybody who wants in town beforehand and we can wander over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

no, no you cant, shut up.

:( *looks sad*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

MAIDEN TOMORROW! Hoorah, hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Yore Ma last night! hoorah, hooray! :p

Your auld one every night since I turned twelve!

• Advertisement

She died when i was 7.

Bill has her embalmed corpse permanently ready for lovin' in his bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Jesus Dave! Do you not think that's going just a little too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Not as far as I went with Yore Ma last night. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

LordCran wrote:
    We should all go to Don McLean, and sing our much better lyrics to American Pie, until we get thrown out because no-one can hear the song over our shoutings of "DIE DIE DIE DIE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE SEX SEX SEX SEX MORE MORE MORE MORE!"

I was at that actually! Twas really good, his electric guitarist played a Brian May style guitar solo in American Pie! :D

• Advertisement

P.s. my mom is still very much alive, i just checked. I was being sarcastic.

You hardly would have made that joke in the first place if she was dead. But maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

i dont like maidin so i wont be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That's lucky, 'cause you're missing it as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Flashling wrote:
    The Pixies rocked! Kings of Leon looked kinda sulky though....and Sofia, I saw you there! (Didn't I? I think I did....) The pit was great, but I was next to this short, smelly, pointy guy, and he kept, oh how can you describe it, humping my leg?

Charming.

And yes, I saw you there, but Dee introduced me to a few people that day and I forget who is who! But hey!

oh yeah you were there too, tis Guy.
    it was soooo great, best gig ever.

Hey Guy!

Yes indeed, it rocked. You can order a CD of the concert on www.pixiesdiscs.com I've already ordered mine, they're €30 including P&P.

Yay! Pixification! *dances*

shhhh i'm bitter enough as it is about not going damn lack of monay grumble grumble mutter also the reason why i won't be there moz

Aw! *hugs*

You should have mugged some old age pensioner. For shame. How dare you not go?!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...Here's an idea, how about using just one post to say all three of those things

Because it's just as easy to use three. And I felt like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Well, The Pixies people had their raving-about-the-pixies-time, so now I'm-a takin' my equivalent:

MAIDEN.
    FUSKING.
    RULED.
    PERIOD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

"fusking"? How on earth did you make that mistake? If it is indeed a mistake. Perhaps you just speak a different language to the rest of us.
    And is anyone going to Bob Dylan? 26th November, the Point? And if you want to slag off Bob now, you should speak to one of my friends first. They will advise you on exactly how good that idea is (ie not very).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Fuck is a censored word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Bob Dylan hasn't been able to sing since 1980 at best. A concert by him is entertaining only in the same way that standing near him would be. I.e. probably quite entertaining, but not very musical.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of Jimmcha. I may have queued for seven hours for my pit pass, but dear god was it worth it! Being up front for both Maiden and and Manson was outstanding. Turbonegro, the less said the better to be honest.

They were so wonderfully gay!

Manson's stage show ruled, with the stilts. And Maiden. Sigh.

The crowd would have done anything for that man, had he asked it of us

if by "crowd" you mean Dave, then yes. :D But seriously dude, Turbonegro just sucked. I found the whole act quite pathetic.

LordCran wrote:
    "fusking"? How on earth did you make that mistake?

FUSKING - it's a me'n'Dave Whyte in-joke. So go away. Don't correct me again. EvAr. :D

That was the first smiley I ever used on Boards...

How you know that is beyond me... in-jokes for teh win!

Know what?

So yea - Maiden kicked so much ass, didn't they? I mean, if they kicked any more it would proabaly have been illegal.

• Advertisement

Yeah, damn curfew! How do you know that's your first smiley? But yeah, that was some night. And I was right up the front. Hell, I could ahve heqard Bruce even without the mic! :D

Advertisement