Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elementary [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Season 3 starts in America tonight. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any confirmed dates for a UK airing yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

it's been on ads anyway, has it been on Sky Atlantic previously?

Starts on sky Atlantic or living on the 7th of November I think

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Did you see me in the first episode:cool::cool:

• Advertisement

John Mason wrote: »
    Did you see me in the first episode:cool::cool:

:D

I have a feeling I'm not going to like Kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

New eposide was quite good.
    Wasnt expecting much as last few from season 2 were very mediocre.
    looking forward to the rest of the series now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'm opening the betting that Kitty is a Moriarty plant. Nobody that dumb gets close to the action without being supersmart at heart (poet and knows it).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,019 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Any confirmed dates for a UK airing yet?

It started back on Sky Living last Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Is it just me or is Joans attitude annoying any one else? Seems to think she is as good as or better than Sherlock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well look at it this way, he trained her up, and after spending a year or so away from him, she's developed her own style on the back of his training, so why should she just let him back in when he betrayed her by leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

It's personal; she really thought that they had something solid, and he just walked away without a word. Slack.

Is this weeks a part one?

Very weird abrupt ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Is this weeks a part one?

Very weird abrupt ending.

I think it's a Two-Parter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

A "To Be Continued...." would have been nice. Bit of a strange episode. This season so far isn't really quite floating my boat it must be said. I thought it was stronger in otehr seasons. Watson-lite is a good actress but they need to give her something of a storyline that revolves around her for an episode or two to get her bedded in. She's kinda just there for me at the moment. Gregson not being quite the regular he was isn't helping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't think it is a 2 parter. Watson will probably find a good case while she is in Copenhagen.

The moment in the kitchen between Sherlock and Joan was lovely. I really want to believe that he meant it!

Oh and finally a mention of his mother to the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

does series 2 pick up? , on about the 3rd episode so far and it seems a bit flat

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

You're not at the Mycroft stuff yet?

Keep with it.

Kitty's story is a slow burner but they are turning up the heat now. I feel Moriarty is going to make an appearance soon.

Exciting!

• Advertisement

I never got around to finishing up series one so decided to finally go back and dirt that the other day. Really glad that I did as the final number of episodes were exceptional. The reveal of Irene was a beautiful and touching moment and was the kind of moment that elevates Elementary above Sherlock. There's a deeper understanding of the character here and Miller's take on Holmes is much more humane and believable.

The final scene of series one where Holmes and Watson sit back to watch the birth of the new species if bees was a wonderful reflection on the relationship which has been buit between the two.

Watching the first episode of series 2 and really looking forward to seeing how the show plays out.

Can't believe I managed to fall so far behind but am so glad I did. Watching the second series on Netflix and just loving it. It's a show built around the relationship between the characters and never focuses on grotesque acts of violence, something which pretty much every other procedural does. Watching episodes of NCIS: New Orleans earlier this week and there's a moment in episode one where Scott Bakula looks genuinely disgusted spouting a one liner over a dead body part. It really stood out to me, it was unnecessary, distasteful and served no purpose other than to show how detached the character was.

While Elementary may feature moments such as the above, it never feels as callous and distant. Sherlock's inability to interact with others is a facade he hides behind, we saw it drop once and the scene of him reading the letter from Moriarity in episode 5 was further hinting at just how human he is. I know I've made my thoughts known beforw on how I despise the way shows such as Criminal Minds dehumanise victims so won't delve into again. Suffice to say that Elementary's treatment of death is up there with Longmire. It demonises the assailant, not the victim.

Someone asked me how good Elementary, well it's so good that I just realised that I have a gig in a short while where I'm performing and I'm going to be late because I just wanted to watch one more episode.

The final scene of series one where Holmes and Watson sit back to watch the birth of the new species if bees was a wonderful reflection on the relationship which has been buit between the two.

I was looking for this the last day and couldn't find it. It just turned up on my Tumblr feed!

tumblr_nin8hdOEym1rbbutio1_500.gif

Another twist at the end of that episode. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liked the twist but figured thats what it would be when I saw who it was at the start of the episode. (Actor wise)

Kitty's reaction at the end was really believable rally looking forward to see where they go from here.

I must admit to not seeing that twist at all! How did you figure it out with the actor? I googled him and found out that he's an Irish actor.

Yeah, Kitty's reaction was so good. It was pure panic and hurt. Ophelia Lovibond is becoming one of my favourite actors. It also helps that she replied to me on instagram so I was chuffed with that. She was on holiday in Kerry in the New Year.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I must admit to not seeing that twist at all! How did you figure it out with the actor? I googled him and found out that he's an Irish actor.

Stuart Townsend had Hollywood at his feet a number of times and it never worked out for him.. He was cast as the Star of Lord of the Rings and was sacked just before filming began and was replaced with Viggo Mortensen, He was most famous for a few years after that for being Charlize Theron's other half.

A fantastic episode the emotion shown by Kitty and Sherlock at the end was the highlight of the season so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Lucy Liu has always been the weak link in the show for me. I'm fine with having a female Watson as it was a fresh idea but her moany miserable face just turns me off.

• Advertisement

A fantastic episode the emotion shown by Kitty and Sherlock at the end was the highlight of the season so far for me.

I may have shed a tear or two. Wonderful writing and even better acting.

Advertisement