Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is added functionality you get by connecting your sky+ box to your broadband router. I don't suppose they discussed what content would be available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

No discussion on content but I assume similar to the Sky Go "on demand".

Not great but its a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Will you have to plug an ethernet cable into the box to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

yip.
    Heres bit more info on how to get it
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/tutorials/how_to_get_sky_anytime.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭John mac

(there is one model which cannot and will never receive Anytime+: Thomson

for anyone with with an old box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just been on the phone with Sky asking why I cannot get Anytime Plus working here in Dublin. I was told by the Sky representative that it was not available in ROI yet but to hold the line as he seen a brief go around his workplace this morning. After a few min he came back to me with the news that I would be able to access Sky Anytime Plus rebranded as Sky On Demand from October the 1st.

He mentioned that the "catchup" service available in UK would NOT be available.

Some good news anyway!

Wonder if they will throw us a bone in terms of catch up i.e RTE Player/Tv3 Player?

I know its never going to happen but it would be cool if they implemented Netflix onto the sky boxes.

Hogzy wrote: »
    I know its never going to happen but it would be cool if they implemented Netflix onto the sky boxes.

That's there competition right there - in the "on demand" market, so it would never happen as you say, but SKY has a better selection of movies, so if you have the movies sub, this new on demand might be worth a look, assuming you have good broadband and no restrictive limits (UPC comes to mind)

johnmryan wrote: »
    That's there competition right there - in the "on demand" market, so it would never happen as you say, but SKY has a better selection of movies, so if you have the movies sub, this new on demand might be worth a look, assuming you have good broadband and no restrictive limits (UPC comes to mind)

True, they do have a good selection of movies. But the movies cost ALOT per month. Nearly 4 times what netflix costs.

Id rather pay netflix €7pm and unblockus €3pm and get the USA version of netflix which has alot more content.

True, they do have a good selection of movies. But the movies cost ALOT per month. Nearly 4 times what netflix costs.

Id rather pay netflix €7pm and unblockus €3pm and get the USA version of netflix which has alot more content.

Yes the movies are very expensive on SKY. I have netflix myself and a free VPN for a year, so that suits me. I turn on sky movies usually for a month at xmas. I'm excited to see sky taking on demand more seriously though for Ireland.

• Advertisement

johnmryan wrote: »
    Yes the movies are very expensive on SKY. I have netflix myself and a free VPN for a year, so that suits me. I turn on sky movies usually for a month at xmas. I'm excited to see sky taking on demand more seriously though for Ireland.

Can you PM me instructions on how to get a free VPN for a year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Can you PM me instructions on how to get a free VPN for a year :D

I'd love that too please :D

hdowney wrote: »
    I'd love that too please :D

Un fortunatly its expired :(

if you watch netflix on your Wii/PS3 you just need to change your DNS, thats what I do :D
    Hopefully, I will be able to get some more on demand content with ye olde card trick, but only time will tell

billbond4 wrote: »
    if you watch netflix on your Wii/PS3 you just need to change your DNS, thats what I do :D
    Hopefully, I will be able to get some more on demand content with ye olde card trick, but only time will tell

What do you change your DNS to though?

On my wii in the advanced settings for connection.
    <DELETED>

Install Netflix using your normal auto dns first and login. Change dns settings reboot the Wii and that's it. You will have netflix us

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

You could try the free proxy service on this site
    <DELETED>

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

NO discussing how to circumvent regional restrictions here please, or this thread will be closed.

icdg wrote: »
    NO discussing how to circumvent regional restrictions here please, or this thread will be closed.
    Sorry my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Getting the rebranded 'On Demand' on our Sky+ HD box today.

So, what's the story, are we still not able to get the Anytime+ features? Tried adding it on My Sky as the guide says, but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

icdg wrote: »

This restriction doesn't make complete sense to me. There are endless discussions on how to get the sky FTA cards and the Setanta card in this forum. FTA cards circumvent regional restrictions.

There are also many threads about getting RTE on the UK mainland which also circumvent regional restrictions.

Is there an element of hypocrisy here, or am I misjudging the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭zg3409

Discussing the rules is banned too.... so be careful or u might be banned also!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

zg3409 wrote: »
    Discussing the rules is banned too.... so be careful or u might be banned also!
    Indeed. eirman needs to take this up with the forum mods by PM or alternatively open a thread on the issue in feedback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭OldRio

All the 'restricted' info one requires is on a non censored thread not too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Rang Sky today and the guy told me it would be closer to the end of Oct before this is launched and will coincide with the launch of their broadband service.

Yeah I was ringing up to get a better deal on my sky sub. And he was saying mid to late October so it seems to have been pushed back. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Well, did it launch today or has it been pushed back?

feck sake, i dont even have the new EPG on my box. I know the samsung boxes arent getting the update but i have a pace box.

Its bloody ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Well, did it launch today or has it been pushed back?

No , nothing happening here .

Advertisement