Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a Real Runner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

menoscemo wrote: »
    I keep telling chinguetti to get his own log so he can report his own feats, but alas we have to do that for him.

In fairness it must be hard to take, with your bro dropping his 5k time to 18:28 (& looking like there was some left in the tank as well)!

I'd be peed off if I was you as well......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    Why should i have a training log? According to you i don't train enough.
    Just to see how little you do train :)
    ronnie085 wrote: »
    When are you going to test your legs with the short stuff yourself? You seem to be enjoying the training, if enjoy is the right word for intervals and the likes

Donore 5k 28th May. Dunshaughlin 10k 25th June. Then the 12 week P&D programme for berlin (70 mpw)
    RAL3 wrote: »
    In fairness it must be hard to take, with your bro dropping his 5k time to 18:28 (& looking like there was some left in the tank as well)!

I'd be peed off if I was you as well......................

Never saw him, but yes I'm resigned to the fact he'll always be faster than me at the short stuff. Fortunately I'm much better looking :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm resigned to the fact he'll always be faster than me at the short stuff. Fortunately I'm much better looking :cool:

As i'm faster than you, your looks won't help you when i get to the pretty ladies first!

Anyway, the glare off your medal will make them look away so your looks will be doubly nullified so i shall win again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

As i'm faster than you, your looks won't help you when i get to the pretty ladies first!

That's if you notice them, you had something pleasant for each eye the other day, at eye level and you were oblivious. ;)

Then the 12 week P&D programme for berlin (70 mpw)

That's a brutal program, are you going to lash yourself with thorny vines on your LSR's too?

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    That's if you notice them, you had something pleasant for each eye the other day, at eye level and you were oblivious. ;)

Ah here, tis your word against mine and couldn't see with the sweat in my eyes:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nice positioning besides the Grapes and apple ;)

What's the idea behind the sports cap? Is it so you can take it while on the run?

There's strawberries there too! :pac:

From reading the bottle they seem to expect people to take it during activity :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I'd read about it and I'd seen the pictures on the mars refuel website, but I never believed it to be true, until now.

Mars in a sports bottle! Heaven. They also had the one litre cartons. :D Next time you're up North, bring an empty car...

Ah yes i've been using them since i moved over here. 2 litre cartons for £2.50 is a regular on my weekly shop :D

Brian looks to be backing out, but is leaving a bit of extra money for me and Fran to fight over.

I'n not out yet. I can pull out of the bet whenver i want for 25 euro, no timeline was put on the get out clause :p

I may enter Conn and be flexible on what event i do, then run Donadea and see how it goes before making my final decision. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Although if i run like i did yesterday you'll wipe the floor with me.

I'n not out yet. I can pull out of the bet whenver i want for 25 euro, no timeline was put on the get out clause :p

No you can't. When we made the bet, we said if you don't enter or don't turn up to the race for whatever reason, then you owe the full €50.
    You getout clause (which was only recently insterted) is a special clause and only valid for a short period. I'll give you to the donore race at then end of the month.

By the way lads: Top Tip: the Connemarathon has a max entry of 3,000 (for all 3 races in total) and sells out a good few months early every year. I'd hate to see one of you losing €50 because you forgot to register on time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Met up with Shels, Mr Slow, Raycun and a sober (for once) Claralara at 9 am this morning. The plans were varied but in generally everyone was doing a 9:30 pace for at least 10. Mr Slow was thinking 17, but I reminded hm digger did 20 yesterday and the seed was planted. Nice easy run at first, we picked up Chinguetti (fresh from running 18:28 in leixlip yesterday) and vaggabond and Ray trotted off home. We decided to be cruel and take the group up Knockmaroon hill but everyone seemed to take it grand despite the protests before, so after 10, I decided to push clarlalara to an 8 minute mile (for her last one) as practise for her 50 min 10k goal. she struggled at first into the wind but managed a sprint finish to make goal time.

Myself, Chinguetti, mr slow vaggabond and shels then headed out for a last loop, shels left us at 14. We were already at 17 miles as we approached the bottom of the Kyber hill and since the seed had been planted mrslow decided he would be doing 20 so the two of us left Chinguetti and vaggabond and took the long route back to the cars. I got back at 19.5 miles and decided to call it a day, leaving mrslow to frantically do laps of the car park to make up the last 0.5miles :pac:. The post run cokes and ice creams went down a treat :D

Summary:
    19.5 miles @9'08 av pace. (HR 143).

weekly total: 6 runs 46.4 miles

Month|No. of days Runnning|Miles
    January|28/31|256.3
    February|24/28|236.9
    March|23/31|221.9
    April|22/30|150.2
    May|7/8|72.7
    Total|104/128|964.3

That is just not true. I am sober for at least 32 hours in every month...just before I have the blood tests. I'm sure my licence will be reissued in no time.. :rolleyes:

Cheers for that last push! Still struggling to see myself keeping that up for much longer than I did though.
    I suppose I should thank you for the mild productivity of my weekend... FINE!

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    That is just not true. I am sober for at least 32 hours in every month...just before I have the blood tests. I'm sure my licence will be reissued in no time.. :rolleyes:

Cheers for that last push! Still struggling to see myself keeping that up for much longer than I did though.
    I suppose I should thank you for the mild productivity of my weekend... FINE!

Haha, I have also went periods of more than 24 hours without drinking, it's no fun :p

You'll keep that up for longer alright, remember on sunday you did it at the end of 10 miles and after just coming off the knockmarron hill. I can tell you i would find it hard to run a mile at my goal 10k pace after that.
    As per the FB message i sent you, the Speed sessions will pay dividends as long as you keep them up, but it'll take about two weeks before you start to reap the benefits of them so chin up and you'll get there.

You'll keep that up for longer alright, remember on sunday you did it at the end of 10 miles and after just coming off the knockmarron hill. I can tell you i would find it hard to run a mile at my goal 10k pace after that.
    As per the FB message i sent you, the Speed sessions will pay dividends as long as you keep them up, but it'll take about two weeks before you start to reap the benefits of them so chin up and you'll get there.

Hmmm, that's very supportive and encouraging, contrary to your normal 'You should be doing xyz'. Is that reserved for certain boardsies or can we all expect a cuddlier Meno going forward :pac:

Hmmm, that's very supportive and encouraging, contrary to your normal 'You should be doing xyz'. Is that reserved for certain boardsies or can we all expect a cuddlier Meno going forward :pac:

:rolleyes: Feck off. i said an encouraging thing to you on sunday didn't I?

This sounds more like the way he speaks to me. I think he does it out of love for us. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Feck off. i said an encouraging thing to you on sunday didn't I?

Was it 'Your targets are soft' or 'I'll never understand you runners with your built up heels' or something along those lines?:D

Mrslow you should have heard what he said behind your back:eek:

Will there be a new cuddly Meno on show next week so? Has the Ultra running made him soft? What channel shows the adventures of Meno and who will play him?

What channel shows the adventures of Meno and who will play him?

It'll have to be Nickelodeon, and they're lining up this guy to play him.

This sounds more like the way he speaks to me. I think he does it out of love for us. :rolleyes:

Listen, last time I said something encouraging to you, I remember getting my head taken off and accused of being patronising :rolleyes:. Let's just say, I learned my lesson.
    Was it 'Your targets are soft' or 'I'll never understand you runners with your built up heels' or something along those lines?:D

Haha. I told you you were well capable of 3:40 in cork (just after I told you digger was faster than you :p)

Listen, last time I said something encouraging to you, I remember getting my head taken off and accused of being patronising :rolleyes:. Let's just say, I learned my lesson.

Firstly, I do not recall this happening, I so would not take anyones head off, I'm lovely. *cough* :pac:

Secondly, you have never said anything encouraging. You just bark orders about how wrong people do things and how right you are. :P

5.2 miles @7:55. Decided to get out of my usual very slow slow runs by getting in a bit of practise for the wexford half in a fortnight (where I'm pacing 1:45). The legs were a bit heavy tonight from yesterdays long run. It takes a bit of concentration to keep the pace right. It is easy to drift off and go too fast on the downhills/ too slow on the uphills. HR was very up and down due to the uphills also being into the wind, but the average is still well inside the GA zone.

WTD 1 run 5.2 miles

Month|No. of days Runnning|Miles
    January|28/31|256.3
    February|24/28|236.9
    March|23/31|221.9
    April|22/30|150.2
    May|8/9|77.9
    Total|104/128|969.5

• Advertisement

Secondly, you have never said anything encouraging. You just bark orders about how wrong people do things and how right you are. :P

Remember what you said to me when I told you that you were well capable of running a sub-4 marathon in the morning? ;)

Remember what you said to me when I told you that you were well capable of running a sub-4 marathon in the morning? ;)

No, and I don't think I want to. Just because I don't want to embarrass you when you are proved wrong. :o

Haha. I told you you were well capable of 3:40 in cork (just after I told you digger was faster than you :p)

What a prince you are!:P

You just bark orders about how wrong people do things and how right you are. :P

It's as if you're typing my thoughts, uncanny.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Yeah..... encouraging........ but sure maybe beating u with his whip *its hidden there somewhere* is his way of being nice?? :)...

Sure he was saying that I was selling myself short on most of my goals....

I dunno like cuz I don't think I am going to hit all of those goals.... especially not the 5 mile goal anyway like!

It's all good though meno ;) *Dn't hurt me.....cowers behind Mr. Slow!*

Perkina3 wrote: »
    *Dn't hurt me.....cowers behind Mr. Slow!*

Mr Slow uses Racoon Queen's chest as a shield! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Meno at the end of the conn ultra. He gave so much effort in the finishing straight he pissed himself. Good man:D

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Meno at the end of the conn ultra. He gave so much effort in the finishing straight he pissed himself. Good man:D

haha you fecker, it had to come out at some stage :pac: Listen, I just had no time to stop, much like the old fella who pulled down his shorts and did it in the middle of the road, only problem was I was in the middle of crowds at the time so Had to be a bit more discreet ;).

Anyway, just gonna go get my revenge......

Oisin11178 wrote: »

here's oisin, doing his 'warm up' before pacing limerick last weekend: (he's the one 'receiving')

33vn4ar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

lots of Man love on here!

• Advertisement

haha you fecker, it had to come out at some stage :pac: Listen, I just had no time to stop, much like the old fella who pulled down his shorts and did it in the middle of the road, only problem was I was in the middle of crowds at the time so Had to be a bit more discreet ;).

Anyway, just gonna go get my revenge......

Dude?:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement