Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

seanbmc wrote: »
    They're finishing their tour and then splitting, read the thing.

:rolleyes: I did read it.

Just felt like getting a few hearts racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Lumbo wrote: »
    :rolleyes: I did read it.

Just felt like getting a few hearts racing.

Well you certainly got our hearts racing, hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

whats the big deal ? so what 3 dj's pressing a few buttons that compared them selves to the beatles , , , , think that why they split, cause everybody laughed at them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A V A wrote: »
    whats the big deal ? so what 3 dj's pressing a few buttons that compared them selves to the beatles , , , , think that why they split, cause everybody laughed at them

Come on One Direction next ha

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the gates of phoenix park to the concert venue ? The Parkgate Street gates. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

audman wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea on how the acts will line up in terms of order? What time should we expect SHM to start and finish? I reckon Calvin Harris will play right before SHM.

Nope Calvin will be on either 1st or second since he has to fly to Scotland for TITP that day
    TITP is on the 6th of July.

TITP is on the 6th of July.

They must have changed it so, think he was originally to play both gigs in the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

They must have changed it so, think he was originally to play both gigs in the same day

I'd still be surprised if they would put a Calvin Harris DJ set right before SHM.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'd still be surprised if they would put a Calvin Harris DJ set right before SHM.

Yea id say its gonna be

SHM
    Tinie Tempah
    Snopp Dogg
    Calvin Harris
    Original Rudeboys

Are they going to release stage times anytime soon? I couldn't care less about the Original Rudeboys.

• Advertisement

hahaha the origional rude boys , they are dire

They were in my college once for some gig, complete knobs.

seanbmc wrote: »

They were in my college once for some gig, complete knobs.
    Time enough strolling in at about 17:30/18:00 for Calvin so :)

your better off man i dont know how they are getting the exposure they are getting , even tho they play whelans every month , might aswell roll the money up cause it aint going to last long

your better off man i dont know how they are getting the exposure they are getting , even tho they play whelans every month , might aswell roll the money up cause it aint going to last long
    With the gates opening at 4, I'd imagine The Original Rudeboys will start at half 4? Finishing before Calvin who'll start at about half five? A good guess I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Will there be anywhere to drink a carryout before hand, similar to people drinking around Slane? I'm guessing there won't be because it's in the middle of Dublin, but it can be very expensive sitting in a pub before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

biggest urban park in europe....im sure youll find somewhere to have a few cans!

People will be drinking everyhwere that day in the park given its a weekend, hopefully the weather is good.

dont mean to sound like a dzzzzzooppe or real old but hope evryone picks there sh*t after them !!! if your going to drink out side least put the tins or what ever beside the bins it takes 5 minutes :P

dont mean to sound like a dzzzzzooppe or real old but hope evryone picks there sh*t after them !!! if your going to drink out side least put the tins or what ever beside the bins it takes 5 minutes :P

Agreed hopefull MCD get a few big bins to place around the park for rubbish

• Advertisement

Agreed hopefull MCD get a few big bins to place around the park for rubbish

yeah like not just around the zone of the concert but everywhere cause im sure they'll be everywhere in the park drinkin , u never know a few might sleep in the forest or tree "yipped out of it" haha ,i say a few will go down to that little lake thing for a swam jaja

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Was there drinking around the park at other events?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Was there drinking around the park at other events?

Probably, the park is absolutely monstrous in size - not every section of it can be policed.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Why in God's name is Tinie Tempah on after Snoop?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

does any one know what the easiest way to smuggle drink into the gig is?? i don't think me and my bank account would be friends after drinking solid from 4 at a gig with their horrendous prices!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

does any one know what the easiest way to smuggle drink into the gig is?? i don't think me and my bank account would be friends after drinking solid from 4 at a gig with their horrendous prices!!!

When i used to go to see Man Utd and Booze was banned in the ground (Late 80's) we used to inject Oranges wit Vodka, then just stand watchin the match munchin on these oranges, took the cops months to twig what was goin on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

scudzilla wrote: »
    When i used to go to see Man Utd and Booze was banned in the ground (Late 80's) we used to inject Oranges wit Vodka, then just stand watchin the match munchin on these oranges, took the cops months to twig what was goin on ;)

That is genius!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

scudzilla wrote: »

If I had a hat on I'd take it off. That is the most ingenious way Ive ever heard. I just fill the 100 ml travel bottles with vodka and place them in my bag with my raincoat and stuff, never been caught.

or if you have a rain coat, fill those little vodka bottles up and put them in your rain jacket pockets etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Calvin Harris is in first at 16:15 according to the official email from mcd, that's ****e!!

Advertisement