Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Dair wrote: »
    Dont worry sometimes second week is better!!!
    I try and keep away from chocolate and crisps unless i have a craving and save my syns for normal food like butter(low fat), ketucp(low salt and sugar), proper mayo, a little gravey, sometims proper sugar, and then i dont feel like im on a strict diet, sometimes i take extra milk or a piece of cheese!! Obviously not all on the same day but a little every day.These are my favourite indulgences but you prob have your own!!
    Also if you like icecream solero's are nice for 5 syns. Also you prob didnt use your whole week syns on saturday. i usually end up eating out once at the weekend and going for drinks (way more than supposed to) so i nearly always have a flexi day on saturday. I try to be good fri and sun then to make up for it. It works ok, im losing slowly which is not great but im not changing my social life which is great:) Finding a happy balence for you is important.

It will show next week keep the faith!!:)

Thats what I done today- had some sweet chilli with my pasta, mayo with my omelette and really enjoyed it. Not going to be so strict with myself deffo not worth it and Saturday is always going to be my treat day, I don't see my bf all week as we live in different counties so we always eat out as a treat. Just not going to take it to the extremes of pre-slimming world of all the munchies would rather a nice meal or take away.

Also Emma you wearing saying your not a fan of carbs- I'm after doing butternut squash crisps tonighy with cajun spices yummmmmm... not as sweet as sweet potato. Delish:D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

gg2 wrote: »

Thats what I done today- had some sweet chilli with my pasta, mayo with my omelette and really enjoyed it. Not going to be so strict with myself deffo not worth it and Saturday is always going to be my treat day, I don't see my bf all week as we live in different counties so we always eat out as a treat. Just not going to take it to the extremes of pre-slimming world of all the munchies would rather a nice meal or take away.

Also Emma you wearing saying your not a fan of carbs- I'm after doing butternut squash crisps tonighy with cajun spices yummmmmm... not as sweet as sweet potato. Delish:D

Really don't want to burst your bubble, but are you talking about butternut wedges or crisps?

If you modify healthy foods so you can eat them as snacks, you need to syn them. Slimmingworld encourage this because it stops you from over eating.

If done as wedges as part of dinner, then no problem! Sounds yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Hi Dair, i think its a great substitute for rice when low carbing. On SW it helps increase your veg intake and lowers your carbs, definitely worth trying once!

emma_mc123 wrote: »
    Really don't want to burst your bubble, but are you talking about butternut wedges or crisps?

If you modify healthy foods so you can eat them as snacks, you need to syn them. Slimmingworld encourage this because it stops you from over eating.

If done as wedges as part of dinner, then no problem! Sounds yum!!

Oh done as chips not crisps- brain not great from 5 in evening and on wards! Yeah I've heard that about people making their own crisps in the microwave and having to syn them- is that the reason why- to stop people overeating? Anything I saw about it was online and couldn't really see any information

Oh done as chips not crisps- brain not great from 5 in evening and on wards! Yeah I've heard that about people making their own crisps in the microwave and having to syn them- is that the reason why- to stop people overeating? Anything I saw about it was online and couldn't really see any information

Oh that's good, I've never really Tried butternut like that. Must give it a go!!

Yeah, that's the reason. It's to try and keep food in the format it was to be eaten, not to compress it in an easy way to eat. E.g. Some smoothies have 3 bananas plus loads of berries. Highly unlikely you'd eat that if they were solid. Why smoothies are synned

Hope that makes sense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

im in a similar situation to you too, my boyfriend and i spend the week apart due to work. Again the weekend is treat time, usually dinner and always drinks but its important time for us so im not going to lose that to SW.

On a positive weigh in last night, 1 pound off so thats my 1and 1/2 stone award, chuffed with myself but want to keep momentum for xmas. Weigh loss has seriously slowed in the last 6 weeks so happy to finally get the 1/2 stone, i did mention that i felt i was slowing down but consultant said i should be thankful im losing when i use so many syns on sat night. ( approx 30-60).
    Am i just being a moan? no drinkies this weekend to see the effect next week.

Going to try sat/sun, hopefully i love it and will never want real rice again, not a huge lover or rice so this could be my perfect alternative!!
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    Hi Dair, i think its a great substitute for rice when low carbing. On SW it helps increase your veg intake and lowers your carbs, definitely worth trying once!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

So back in slimming world for 3rd time this yr, I need my group and I can't do it at home 6lb up in 2 months proves this. Day 4 and it's going great, really enjoying it as I've gotten better at cooking.

Also Dunnes are done muller Greek style yoghurt the fat free ones only €1.44 I think. Only 1/2 a syn each and they massive such a treat

bulmersgal wrote: »
    So back in slimming world for 3rd time this yr, I need my group and I can't do it at home 6lb up in 2 months proves this. Day 4 and it's going great, really enjoying it as I've gotten better at cooking.

Also Dunnes are done muller Greek style yoghurt the fat free ones only €1.44 I think. Only 1/2 a syn each and they massive such a treat

the group support means so much
    I've joined the social team in our club to give me extra motivation

it's so blatantly obvious that those who don't stay to group are those that loose so slowly, if at all

the group support means so much
    I've joined the social team in our club to give me extra motivation

it's so blatantly obvious that those who don't stay to group are those that loose so slowly, if at all

Yea I was doing great, then was potty training my daughter so missed group for 2 weeks n then didn't lose. Started back in college and decided a tenner was to much a week but just realise I spent that in chipper every Thursday. Joined later group so will be there each week without fail

• Advertisement

Yea I was doing great, then was potty training my daughter so missed group for 2 weeks n then didn't lose. Started back in college and decided a tenner was to much a week but just realise I spent that in chipper every Thursday. Joined later group so will be there each week without fail

yeah it seems like a bit to be spending, but when you get in the habit of home cooking etc, you really do save so much money

I could have easily spent €10 in our vending machines every week between treats and cans of 7up!

So my boyfriend cooking me a meal tonight first time ever. He thought he was doing well but just heard him say there garlic oil in veg and potatoes it's a pack from super valu. Can any guess how many syns it world be or should I allow the 14 1/2 syns I've left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fefe0390

does anyone know can i save my syns for a nite out? ie wed is my day 1,so on wed i had 4 syns, thurs i had 9 and fri i had 10 so does this mean that have an extra 22 for tonight as well as today's 15 syns?

fefe0390 wrote: »
    does anyone know can i save my syns for a nite out? ie wed is my day 1,so on wed i had 4 syns, thurs i had 9 and fri i had 10 so does this mean that have an extra 22 for tonight as well as today's 15 syns?

In our class the leader says your not suppose to but she's not going to know if u do. She said it can slow your weight loss as you are suppose to eat them on day or not at all. She recommends flexible syns for once off occasions where you need syns this is where you give limit of say 100 to spend in a day. But on those weeks where you do that you might just stay the same or lose a little.

My experience was I used to have one cheat meal where I didn't syn my Eddie rockets but it did mean I got slow weight loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fefe0390

thanks thats great :) think i may jus not hav any more syns and try hit gym befor my next WI

I went shopping with my two and a half year old daughter brought her in to get happy meal after we saw Santa. I'm so proud of myself didn't touch any of it, got a grilled chicken salad. Forgot to say no cheese so had to pick it out and try peel most the skin off the chicken but even if I missed a bit it's a Lot healthier then my chicken select meal I wanted. Hopefully this Tues I get 5lbs off bring me back to 10 13lb, that's what I was b4 I went on my 2 month break. it's my first week so hoping for a big lost this week or next week.

Lately my weeks are all really good, then have an awful thursday (I must have eaten twice my age in syns on thursday's junk!)
    friday was quite bad as well for me this week past, didn't feel great, had a little comfort food, skipped the gym and even got a taxi home! in fairness, I went straight to bed with cough medicine and vicks vapo rub!

Saturday and Sunday, I was back on track, and prepped again for this week.

Really want my one pound this week for my 1stone award, hope thursday and friday didn't kill it!

dont go too mad, just cut them back to 4/5 i was cutting them all out to make up for badness and it didnt work for me
    fefe0390 wrote: »
    thanks thats great :) think i may jus not hav any more syns and try hit gym befor my next WI

:)you have been so good im sure you will get it :) let us know how it goes
    Lately my weeks are all really good, then have an awful thursday (I must have eaten twice my age in syns on thursday's junk!)
    friday was quite bad as well for me this week past, didn't feel great, had a little comfort food, skipped the gym and even got a taxi home! in fairness, I went straight to bed with cough medicine and vicks vapo rub!

Saturday and Sunday, I was back on track, and prepped again for this week.

Really want my one pound this week for my 1stone award, hope thursday and friday didn't kill it!

Dair wrote: »
    :)you have been so good im sure you will get it :) let us know how it goes

weigh in is tomorrow evening, will update it asap :)

just a bit worried cause went into a mini binge on thursday then ate loads more carbs than I'm used to over the weekend
    They were mostly free carbs, but my body doesn't really like them, I've felt bloated all day :(

• Advertisement

Just made the dessert out of free calendar with magazine. apple and cinnamon blackberries. Oh so yummy for 4 syns. Doing really well this week, had chocolate cake yesterday as my brothers birthday. But had use only 1/2 syns all day and am only using roughly 5 syns a day so should be ok as it's my first week back on plan in 2 months

Emma I feel your pain! Had a great week, using using 6 or 7 sins a day felt great! Then went to dublin sunday with himself, off the wagon altogether! Will not do it again cus I just felt like **** today, treats are great, I'm all for treats but we went for dinner yesterday- I had a huge pizza (nicest I've ever had or just the fact I haven't had anything doughie and delicious in a wee while!?!), and then some wine and then went and got take out last night after the gig!!! And drank full coke- I don't even drink it when I'm not dieting but was just craving it- worke up this morning feeling gross.......
    So I don't expect to loose much this week but I am still expecting a loss.... or hoping for one!
    Good luck tomorrow Emma looking forward to hearing how you got on

will update tonight :)
    if anyone is on twitter, you can follow my ramblings about slimming world, gym, food and all nonsense @emma_mc123

my housemate has just asked me if I'd join him on this:
    www.hellandback.ie

think I will, just to see if I can do it
    one of those big accomplishments :-)
    great body magic training for it!!

Emma I feel your pain! Had a great week, using using 6 or 7 sins a day felt great! Then went to dublin sunday with himself, off the wagon altogether! Will not do it again cus I just felt like **** today, treats are great, I'm all for treats but we went for dinner yesterday- I had a huge pizza (nicest I've ever had or just the fact I haven't had anything doughie and delicious in a wee while!?!), and then some wine and then went and got take out last night after the gig!!! And drank full coke- I don't even drink it when I'm not dieting but was just craving it- worke up this morning feeling gross.......
    So I don't expect to loose much this week but I am still expecting a loss.... or hoping for one!
    Good luck tomorrow Emma looking forward to hearing how you got on

aw, I know how you feel, the treats all start to build up
    I haven't had pizza since I started slimming world, promised myself i would have some when I got my one stone award. but that will be happening soon (tonight fingers crossed!)
    and with so much coming up for christmas parties etc, I think I'll hold off the pizza until January

when is your weigh in this week?

My weigh in is tonight and my mind is going over all the syns I used. It was a great first week for me and brilliant compared to weeks previous but I did go over my syns twice only by a little.

Weigh in is at half 7 so be there till 9 do people eat dinner before or after. Was thinking of eating half my dinner so I'm not starving

Lost 6lb so delighted with myself, doesn't feel real such a loss as most I got last time was 3lb. Hopefully get my half stone next week

aw, I know how you feel, the treats all start to build up
    I haven't had pizza since I started slimming world, promised myself i would have some when I got my one stone award. but that will be happening soon (tonight fingers crossed!)
    and with so much coming up for christmas parties etc, I think I'll hold off the pizza until January

when is your weigh in this week?

Tonight, stayed the same, feeling very frustrated! Looking forward to hearing how you get on!

Lost 6lb so delighted with myself, doesn't feel real such a loss as most I got last time was 3lb. Hopefully get my half stone next week

Fantastic!! Well done!

Tonight, stayed the same, feeling very frustrated! Looking forward to hearing how you get on!

Sorry to hear u had a sts. Just draw a line and eat loads n loads of super free. My friend told me eat at least 4 pieces of fruit with everything. So that's what I did, Dunnes had manadrins only 49c so ate loads.

Don't feel like I've lost anything but might take a few lbs but back in 10 stone again so hopefully get down to 10 and a half for Xmas. So that's 9lbs in 4 week bit unrealistic but if u aim for the moon even if u don't get there u'll still be among stars

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear u had a sts. Just draw a line and eat loads n loads of super free. My friend told me eat at least 4 pieces of fruit with everything. So that's what I did, Dunnes had manadrins only 49c so ate loads.

Don't feel like I've lost anything but might take a few lbs but back in 10 stone again so hopefully get down to 10 and a half for Xmas. So that's 9lbs in 4 week bit unrealistic but if u aim for the moon even if u don't get there u'll still be among stars

Frig it its good to have a goal! What do you mean 4 pieces of fruit with everything? As in lunch plus 4 pieces of fruit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement