Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Production costs

• 30-04-2012 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have been writing short dialogue scripts recently and I would like to put some of them on tape, its purely a personal undertaking so I don't have a huge budget to work with.
    I'm looking for some advice on costs for a cameraman and a sound man (both have to have their own equipment) and then a day rate for actors.

Any advice on this would be a huge help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

IFB rates are 120 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fatboydim wrote: »
    IFB rates are 120 a day.

They're reduced rates for shorts. A camera man with his own equipment would be looking at 500 per day for a lot of things.

You might be better off finding like minded people who want to get some work done as opposed to hiring in professionals. Otherwise you could end up spending loads on it.

Maybe talk to an amateur drama group about acting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

AnonoBoy wrote:
    You might be better off finding like minded people who want to get some work done as opposed to hiring in professionals. Otherwise you could end up spending loads on it.

Maybe talk to an amateur drama group about acting in it.

Came here to say the same thing. Definitely the way to do it.

Advertisement