Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

anyone here intrested in the coursing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

cottager83 wrote: »
    Great stuff Benny Cake keep them coming! backed solid monk myself so happy out.

No worries..

Unfortunately, Solid Monk ran poorly. It was an unsatisfactory course due to both dogs losing sight & he was lucky to get up. He won't get away with another mistake like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

backed emmas goldrush at 6-1 to win the quarter looks like a good bet so far

makita wrote: »
    backed emmas goldrush at 6-1 to win the quarter looks like a good bet so far

Ya, she's running well. Great coursing today, although I thought the slipper for the Oaks made a much better fist of it than the slipper in the Derby...

IMO it was six of 1 half dozen of the other generally a lot of the slips could have been lenghtened a bit 1 turn would have been enough for any dog on day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Whats the best site for the results guys?

you can get them on the irish coursing club website. It also has price updates .

• Advertisement

you can get them on the irish coursing club website. It also has price updates .

Theres a €50 charge for access to the results/draws section of the Irish Coursing Club website...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

pugw wrote: »

Ya, heard this pair on the radio recently. Neither of them have ever been to a coursing meeting but have seen "pictures" so are clearly well informed! Both representing Dublin which as we know is a real hotbed for coursing support...

I wouldn't worry though. No way the government will ban something thats generating upwards of 20 million in the state each year...

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

lucky enough to be involved in a runner there this year . . . . we've been once before but hoping to raise a flag or two this time

no joy :( and injured to boot so no flag to be got in a consolation either
    Benny Cake wrote: »
    Ya, heard this pair on the radio recently. Neither of them have ever been to a coursing meeting but have seen "pictures" so are clearly well informed! Both representing Dublin which as we know is a real hotbed for coursing support...

I wouldn't worry though. No way the government will ban something thats generating upwards of 20 million in the state each year...

coursing is actually worth alot more to the economy, in the region of 50 million in fact (nearly a million euro per week on average) . . . . i have previously seen reports that this week alone is worth in the region of 16 million to the Clonmel area

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Clashnevin lil won its round again this morning

• Advertisement

BlueBaron wrote: »
    Clashnevin lil won its round again this morning
    Any other word from bellow? . . . . cassie beag or Emmas Goldrush ? ?

Theres a €50 charge for access to the results/draws section of the Irish Coursing Club website...

Well I am seeing them for free under the Quickresults heading

Cassiebeag is out

Emmas Goldrush is through

Boylesports.com Derby - the last eight

Mr James Mulcahy & Mrs. Noreen McManus BK BELATED BIRTHDAY Tynwald Smokey-Belated Legacy Apr
    Strictly-Private-Syndicate, BD INDIA RIO Tynwald Smokey-Uptown Smurf Jan
    Mr Patsy Byrne F PRIME EXAMPLE Bexhill Eoin-Call Up Mar
    Mel-Syndicate F GO HOME HARE Wallace Green-Inallherglory Apr
    BOTTOM
    Mr Timothy O’Driscoll BD SKELLIG WISH Matt Hyland-Beyond Tivoli May
    Mr Patrick Moloney WBK SOLID MONK Bar Time-Tobitl Mar
    Miss Suzanne Collins & Mrs Bernadette Collins BK BLUEVIEW SAM Murtys Gang-Foxhill Rio Feb
    Mr Ben Lewis BD AFTERTIMING Bexhill Eoin-Butlers Mary Feb

1.gif
    Greyhound & Pet World Oaks - the last eight

Mr Sean Galloghly F FEEDE BLOND Eoin Rua-Strawberry Blond Mar
    Goldrush-Syndicate F EMMAS GOLDRUSH Murtys Blaze-Uptown Dilemma Jan
    Ballyglasheen-Syndicate BE FIVES TREASURE Wallace Green-Daltons Heresay May
    The-Flynn-Syndicate BD AWE AND WONDER Bexhill Eoin-Chubbys Accord Apr
    BOTTOM
    Miss Ashley Mangan BD OH BANBA Bexhill Eoin-Bambas Hawkeye Mar
    Mr Fergus Flynn BEBD COFFEE IN CURROW Bexhill Eoin-Shanavulin Queen Jan
    Mr Martin Stafford BK ROSIE HEDGE Cushie Theory-Wee Rose Garden Mar
    Mr Brendan Farrelly BK DALE ROISIN Eoin Rua-Two Car Trap Mar

Derby Last 8

BELATED BIRTHDAY 5/1
    INDIA RIO 8/1
    PRIME EXAMPLE 10/1
    GO HOME HARE 2/1

BOTTOM
    SKELLIG WISH 5/1
    SOLID MONK 4/1
    BLUEVIEW SAM 6/4
    AFTERTIMING 8/1

Oaks Last 8

FEEDE BLOND 5/1
    EMMAS GOLDRUSH 3/1
    FIVES TREASURE EVN
    AWE AND WONDER 14/1

BOTTOM
    OH BANBA 10/1
    COFFEE IN CURROW 6/1
    ROSIE HEDGE 5/1
    DALE ROISIN 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Anyone know what times the races start today? Anywhere online i can find info on the dogs?

results are now up on irishcoursingclub website under quick results. The bitch that beat Cassiebeag , Dale Roisin won the oaks beating Emmas Goldrush and Go Home Hare won derby

Thanks for that! I missed it all. :( When was the derby on today?

Last eight would have been this morning they would have started the courses around 11.30. Guess the final would have been run around 3.30 with semis in between some time

Thanks for the info! Sickened i missed it, thought they would have been on later in the day.

Clonmel 2012: Spirit of Mischief Final Result
    21. SOMETHING QUICK Bexhill Eoin X Ballymore Trick 1262, 1265

Clonmel 2012: Horse and Jockey Hotel Keen Laddie Stakes Final Result
    RES DUSTYS BLUEBOY Bexhill Eoin ex Moat Elsa 1272, 1280

Stockproof Fencing Kitty Butler Stakes Final Result
    18. BOSSA NOVA BABE Bexhill Eoin X Rith Gan Gaisce 1261, 1273

Stockproof Fencing TA Morris Stakes Final Result
    43. ARDMORE BUTCH Lochbo Butch ex Ardmore Rhythm 1271, 1291

Clonmel 2012: Grace Bruton Champion Bitch Stake Final Result
    3. PORTINARD NINE Trajectory ex Four Options 1271, 1276

Clonmel 2012: Classics Club Champion Stakes Final Result
    RES A KYLE RANGER Matt Hyland ex Ballyorgan 1240, 1260, Declare Winner

Clonmel 2012: Greyhound & Pet World Oaks Final Result
    58. DALE ROISIN Eoin Rua X Two Car Trap 1278, 1270, 1262, 1277, 1290
    Mr Brendan Farrelly BK

Clonmel 2012: Boylesports.com Derby Final Result
    32. GO HOME HARE Wallace Green ex Inallherglory 1255, 1256, 1245 (lifted leg twice at pickup), 1253, 1261
    Mel-Syndicate F

• Advertisement

Have to say thanks Benny. Because of your earlier write up I backed Go Home Hare yesterday morning. Hope you had a saver after Eoin was knocked out.

Have to say thanks Benny. Because of your earlier write up I backed Go Home Hare yesterday morning. Hope you had a saver after Eoin was knocked out.

Great stuff pilgrim, I backed Eoin to win the quarter but had Go Home Hare outright at 14's, also had Kyle Ranger for the Champion Stakes. Not a bad outcome! Great weeks coursing, delighted for the Glin lads involved with the derby winner...

Just in the door, great days sport! Some right tight courses in the quarters and semi's. Fair play to Go home Hare he's some dog, pity Bluview Sam was so knackered for the final!

pugw wrote: »
    Just in the door, great days sport! Some right tight courses in the quarters and semi's. Fair play to Go home Hare he's some dog, pity Bluview Sam was so knackered for the final!

Dont think Blueview injury affected the outcome much, Go Home Hare is a serious hound.

Felt very sorry for the connections of Five Treasures in the oaks. She was the standout bitch in Powerstown but had a few very hard hunts which told on her today. I'd give anything for a pup out of her...

Dont think Blueview injury affected the outcome much, Go Home Hare is a serious hound. QUOTE]
    No I just meant fatigue he looked like he just didnt have the legs his clocks dropped a lot more than the hare from the quarters to the semi's! I thought the Hare's semi was the course of the day!

I would just like to say congrats to Paul Willis on reaching so far in the oaks with Emmas Goldrush it was 1956 since the last winner came from a Mallow trainer with lover of pleasure, tbh i never thought ye would have beat fives treasure so once again congrats
    modify_inline.gif

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0202/1224311111801.html

Great to see a TD speak out positively on the issue of hare coursing. Hopefully this great sport survives for future generations to enjoy...

Next Irish number 1??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Dont think Blueview injury affected the outcome much, Go Home Hare is a serious hound.

Felt very sorry for the connections of Five Treasures in the oaks. She was the standout bitch in Powerstown but had a few very hard hunts which told on her today. I'd give anything for a pup out of her...
    Good bitch but give anything for a pup out of her??some of the dams stock are currently in Pakistan.

• Advertisement

sting60 wrote: »
    Good bitch but give anything for a pup out of her??some of the dams stock are currently in Pakistan.

So you wouldn't like a pup out of Five Treasures?

Advertisement