Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is a gigabyte 7950 worth 150 euro on adverts?

• 27-05-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'll be up front here and tell you that I am selling it (have more than one)....

I haven't had a lot of interest but maybe the market there is small for these products?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I would say no,i sold a pair of 7950 Vapor X's that were in mint condition with warranty left on both for €130 each a few months ago. IMO thats about what they were worth at the time.

Maybe €120 now,but it is adverts and people do pay crazy money for stuff. Some of the prices on there recently are just a joke imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What would be a good second hand card at the 200 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

280x

I think 150 would be fair enough for a 7950 given how they preform over new cards at the price, though given Eoin has sold cards I'd say he's right in that you may have to lower it a little

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got a pretty much brand new Sapphire R9 290 Trix for €230, with near to full warranty on it. How does the 7950 perform in comparison?

With the new R300 series coming onto the market in the coming few weeks, the second hand market will swell with 280's and 290's, not to mention 970's from NVidia, and I think better deals could be had if you wait.

Then again that was my plan, and I jumped, but I don't think the card I got would drop from €360 to €230 retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

The R9 290 is a fair bump up from the 7950. (The current version of the 7950 is the R9 280).

The new R300 series will be mostly or entirely rebrands of the existing cards. Same hardware, new names. Possibly some minor tweaks to improve stock clocks and reduce power draw.

The new GPU from AMD goes by code name Fiji, but rumor says it will be branded separately from the rest of the 300 series. It will have HBM (high bandwidth memory) and likely one version with water cooling in stock form. I expect it will also be rather expensive and possibly in short supply due to production difficulties with HBM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The Gigabyte 7950s weren't the best. I sold my Sapphire 7950 950mhz model (one of, if not the, most premium 7950 models) for 135 euro a few months ago, I would pay at most 120 for what you're selling, if not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Thanks everyone - there @ 120 now....I've a few if anyone else wants one....maybe I would swap for a hd monitor and cash or whatever....

Advertisement