Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Basic pc monitor - less b&m sellers? Very few in argos now

• 27-05-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Last time I clicked into argos they had a wide range of pc monitors - now they only have 3!

From memory argos used to have 21 to 24 inch in €120 - €149 price range; dont seem to be there anymore)

It was only for excel and word (no gaming) so reckoned one of those would have been grand.

Have currys/pc world had it left to themselves in terms of bricks and motor stores for monitors?? (bit allergic to the approach in my local pc world ...)

Have a dell 19inch which is buzzing when its turned off and could do with being upgraded.

(no sure if this is the correct forum for questions about a basic consumer monitor)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭dunworth1

You could always try your local IT company.

Place I work for normally have a few basic office monitors in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe Maplins? Limerick has a store (I'm guessing you're down that way).

Or maybe a cheap 2nd hand monitor until you can get a decent replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

the_syco wrote: »
    Maybe Maplins? Limerick has a store (I'm guessing you're down that way).

Or maybe a cheap 2nd hand monitor until you can get a decent replacement?

Thanks, will pop in tomorrow.
    Did you guess my area from the comment of being allergic to the approach :-)

Advertisement