Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best places to get music to use in films online?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,

What are the most highly recommended, most commonly used or most underrated unknown sources for soundtrack music available for the amateur / new filmmaker today?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I use this site, loads of stuff on it. Most of it creative commons or similar license's, meaning you just have to credit the creator. As long as your not making money from it!

http://freemusicarchive.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Also a great idea is to ask bands.

Do you know anybody who writes music or is in a band?

They're often happy to sign a release form in return for a credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 halfmoon

Hi there I am a musician/artist. If there anything you like let me know. I might let you use it for a mention in the credits. Cheers, Karl.

I can make new stuff too. Try me!

https://soundcloud.com/karlsomers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifemchale

Hey,

We do all aspects of sound for film from location recording to ADR, foley and original scoring

Let me know if we can help you out at acmc@live.com

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement