Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options
  • 01-01-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Happy New Year Everyone!!
    Hope 2014 is a good one!!

Who will be the first to start us off.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Ok I will, 84 off 12 on Mahonys point. Lovely weather up until the 16th then poured was great to be out especially when driving in and saw killeen under water..
    https://golflogix.com/MyRound.aspx?_r=Vlk9dEMEkynicAdtA7BRLw==&_g=14&_p=1&_ow=1

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

39 points off 22, 91 strokes in elmgreen. Cracking day for it only a bit of wind and the sun splitting the sky's .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

88 strokes in moor park with 3 pars. Not great at all, wide fairways saved me alot, otherwise I was in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    88 strokes in moor park with 3 pars. Not great at all, wide fairways saved me alot, otherwise I was in big trouble.

Still under 90, always try take a positive point in Golf, Well Done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

105 strokes and 27 points off 20 again today, this time in Naas with PARlance, dar_cool and FixdePitchmark.

1 par.
    6 bogeys.
    7 double bogeys (including one 2 pointer on index 1).
    3 triple bogeys (including one 1 pointer on index 2).
    1 absolute disaster.

I didn't score on 3 holes again.

Off the tee I wasn't as good today as i was on monday, and wasn't as good on the green (possibly due to using a putter I bought last night). But to have scored the same my shots in the middle mustn't have been as bad.

Cheers to the 3 lads for having me out with them. I really enjoyed it.

This post has my scores from Monday for the same strokes and points. Hopefully next time I can have no disasters and start removing triple bogeys from the card in the near future

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    105 strokes and 27 points off 20 again today, this time in Naas with PARlance, dar_cool and FixdePitchmark.

1 par.
    6 bogeys.
    1 absolute disaster.

Off the tee I wasn't as good today as i was on monday, and wasn't as good on the green (possibly due to using a putter I bought last night). But to have scored the same my shots in the middle mustn't have been as bad.

This post has my scores from Monday for the same strokes and points. Hopefully next time I can have no disasters and start removing triple bogeys from the card in the near future

Good to see you're enjoying it. You will soon be breaking 100.
    Spend plenty of time of the putting green with a new putter, otherwise stick with your €7.50 one! It's all about feel & you need to find the "feel" of a new putter.

Good shooting though, well done.

1 par.
    6 bogeys.
    1 absolute disaster.

Fair play on getting out!!
    Im the same as yourself with a new putter, best thing is to look up Putter Drills and then spend few hours a week on the Putter Green!! You'll save a few strokes there :)

Best of luck for 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

40pts off 18. Nice run of pars on 9,10,11 and 12. Drove and putted well.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Great start to 2014 NOT........
    +9 for 13 holes, played like a beginner, there will be days like these.........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

1 par.
    6 bogeys.
    1 absolute disaster.

Keep it up Dr. You'll be flying once you start to play regularly. Serious foundation for someone new to the game. I'd have liked to see your driving at Castleknock because there was some peaches out there today.
    You'll save 5 strokes very quickly once you get used to the putter.

36 points for myself off 17 with the lads.
    18 out and 18 in.
    Some messy holes on the front 9 that could/should have been avoided with more concentration. But a string of pars thrown in were decent golf was played.
    Plodded along with bogeys on the back 9.

Happy with that as a start to 2014.
    26 points was a struggle this time last year, 36 today and I think/hope there's a gear or two left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

30pts for 14 Holes off 10. 8 Pars 6 Bogeys. Four three putts. I had 6 good looks at Birdie. Converted none. Hit the ball pretty decent though so encouraged. Never in any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Shot +2 gross around Naas golf club today, pretty happy with that as I havent lifted a club in 4/5weeks, Hopefully it will be the start to a good season for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Great start to 2014 for me! Shot 82 off 14. Format was v par, ended up 4up.

According to howdidido I won the competition but I expect to be demoted to third place. I have a -2 correction from before Christmas.

1 birdie
    6 pars
    11 bogies
    0 double bogies :D first time ever for me in competitive golf!

Moment of the day was a 9-iron to 6 inches on the 14th. Had hit a poor drive, knocked down, and hit a reasonable recovery with a rescue. Really enjoyed the tap in par. But the main delight was just how consistent I was today.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Played twice yesterday in fairly ok conditions considering how bad the forecast was. Shot 26 points for 13 holes in Carton Montgomerie and then went on to shoot 19 points for 9 holes in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

29 points in a 12 hole competition in my home club Delgany.. 17 handicap

2 birdies , 4 pars , 4 bogeys, 2 doubles ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Shot 26 Points for 12 holes off 15Hcap, 8 pars, 1 bogey, 3 double bogeys. not bad golf

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played a quick. 9 this afternoon,
    5 pars
    1 birdie
    2 bogeys
    1 triple.... Ouch

Some great scores been posted, fair play!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Neil Andblomee

Yea totes amazeballs.

103 gross in Rathcore
    5 triples (3 tee out of bounds so hitting 3 off T)
    1 Par
    8 Bogey
    4 Dbl Bogey's

It was pretty bad for me, bad drives, some useless irons and crap putting.

My chiping and pitching was good today,pitching within 10ft and chiping with 5ft or less. The bad part was I couldn't sink them. I easily left over 10 shots out there today not counting drops.

Going to see if I can get more time on the putting green and work on my longer irons and driver in that order. I found with this weather its all about carry as you can't count on roll,so club down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Another stunning day for golf, Killeen still closed but Mahonys in great shape. Played with a new fourball very tight match but we were on the loosing side by a hole :(
    http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/11-20795268-20795292

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

37 for 16 holes. Gonna be fun tomorrow. Expecting a back lash by the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

32 pts off 12. Once the frost cleared it was nice. Had to play from a shoot gun start. So our 2 ball was paired with another 2 ball. Slow day at the office

1 birdie
    7 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 doubles
    2 triples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

scrubber72 wrote: »
    37 for 16 holes. Gonna be fun tomorrow. Expecting a back lash by the course.

No game today. Too wet and wild. Spring league back next week. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Hadnt played since first Sunday in December for a variety of reasons so was very rusty on my comeback in a wet and windy Moate this morning. Could only manage a miserable 18pts for a 13 hole competition. I had 4 or 5 good holes but 2 stinkers in particular.

Things can only get better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Played casual 9 yesterday in Rathcore. Been out for some weeks so was nice to just get out and play a bit. 18 points off 12 so no complaints. Was mostly pleased with driving with a 75% FIR.

Hitting decent irons I find very tough on wet fairways. Too many heavy shots and long divots!!

Hope to be back swinging proper in a few weeks.

the lawman wrote: »
    Played casual 9 yesterday in Rathcore. Been out for some weeks so was nice to just get out and play a bit. 18 points off 12 so no complaints. Was mostly pleased with driving with a 75% FIR.

Hitting decent irons I find very tough on wet fairways. Too many heavy shots and long divots!!

Hope to be back swinging proper in a few weeks.

I find even a short break ruins my game

Im out in the morning, did it see much rain?

Im in the same boat, im even afraid to miss a range day, i try go even 2-3 days, been off work for 2 weeks due to moving house, only 5 mins away from the range so expected to be there at least 8 times, havnt got to go over bits to do in the new house, freaked now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Yeah it was raining real heavy all Friday night. Course was fairly damp on Saturday afternoon. Although it has been dry last two days so might be in better nick. 3rd fairway needs sorting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Joined Grange Castle yesterday and managed to play 15 holes .

Id 28 points but i marked of 28 HC . Terrible front nine id only 13 points with 3 scratchs mainly due to my driving being awful , hooking every single one .

6 holes on back 9 was much better as i was only 6 shots over .

Going really give it a good go this year as i plan on getting out at least twice a week when we get the longer evenings .

Advertisement