Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Ahem* Christmas Trees Delivered?

• 03-11-2013 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I know it's only the start of November but I'm thinking ahead. Does anyone know of somewhere in D15 that will deliver Christmas trees? Can't fit one in my car and no guys in the apartment now so my housemate and I would struggle to get a tree up the steps to the front door even if I had access to a car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Maybe get a van courier for about €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sorry...can't really help other than suggesting a fake tree that can be dismantled (generally more eco-friendly anyway).

Oh, and I hope you get banned for mentioning Christmas in November.
    :P

What I do for some people. :p

Justins in the village will do it free of charge for you, just drop down the day you wan't to get it, around the time they are closing, give them a buzz first.

Pick your three and either drive to your place, him following, or get in his van to show him the way, he will give you a hand to get it in, be nice to him he's in his 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

There's a place in Mulhuddart village that offer both a delivery and a post-Christmas collection service.

+1 for the ban for mentioning Christmas this early.

==

edit - can't find the service online, but sure it was there last year.

Only joking about the ban. Sort of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You wouldn't joke about the ban if you guys knew my story. I'm just trying to make this Christmas feel as normal as possible.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I considered an artificial tree but can't afford a decent one this side of the sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

athtrasna wrote: »
    You wouldn't joke about the ban if you guys knew my story. I'm just trying to make this Christmas feel as normal as possible.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I considered an artificial tree but can't afford a decent one this side of the sales.

Best of luck to you. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I've no doubt that if you ask, any of the lads on here will give you a hand to move the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

www.justtreeit.ie deliver

Even will throw in a free set of baubles if you're nice

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

treesonwheels.ie deliver to D15

Just wondering what the trees are like locally at the moment. Another expensive year? Still debating artificial but the thought it of upsets me, it's not Christmas without a real tree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Went with a 'nature-identical' ;) one this year, no driving around looking, no bokkedy scaldy tree for us! On the other hand, no nice smell and no firewood after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I got mine today for 50 quid including stand from a farm just outside Kilbride, a really nice decent size tree it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Just wondering what the trees are like locally at the moment. Another expensive year? Still debating artificial but the thought it of upsets me, it's not Christmas without a real tree.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057102302

This might change your mind ;)

Know it's not D15 but Ikea are doing trees for €30 and give you a €20 voucher back so €10 for the tree.

Was there today, the trees are not bad mostly 6ft and they wrap them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

was there yesterday and I thought they were the worst trees ever, if they gave it to me for nothing I would'nt put it up in the house.

I actually bought an artificial one in Homestore & More in Liffey Valley tonight. It was approximately the price of two real ones and not a bad artificial one, 7 foot tall as the room is big. Feels wrong but I know it was the right decision to make. Thanks everyone

Advertisement