Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

• 05-11-2008 4:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

As suggested by Junkyard.

For lost animals:
    Ideally post Animal type,When it was last seen,pictures any other relevant information.

For Found animals please post:
    Animal type,Where you found it,any tags etc on the animal,contact information-preferably PMs and not mobile numbers.

Just one thing though--to keep the tread clean could we have just one post per lost pet and not make the thread into a discussion unless its to woth it being seen somewhere or other relevant info.
    And if you find your pet or find the owner of the lost pet please let one of the mods know so that we can remove the post from the thread.
    Just to keep it all nice and tidy.

TIPS
    If you have LOST or FOUND an animal:

Lost:

Advertise on FindMyPet.ie
    Advertise on lostdogs.ie
    Advertise on LorsLost Dogs on Facebook
    Advertise on LostandFoundPets
    Post on Boards.ie's Lost and Found Section
    Ring your local Pound/Garda station/Veterinary practice
    Advertise in local shops/parks/boarding kennels/catteries/veterinary practice
    Provide a clear description of your pet noting the following: breed,age,sex,colour, any distinguishing features or medical requirements with multiple contact numbers if possible.
    Provide a clear photo(s) that best resembles your pet
    Refrain from offering a reward if at all possible in your Ad.

Found:

Check for a tag or info on the collar (check the underside also)

Check for a microchip with your local vet (easy and free of charge)

Advertise on the websites mentioned in the Lost section above.
    Advertise in your local Pound/Garda station/Veterinary practice (see above for links)
    Advertise in local shops/parks/boarding kennels/catteries
    Check for ear markings if a "Greyhound/Lurcher"

Be aware that giving a lost animal to a pound will mean by Law this dog has only 5 days to be reclaimed by owner before being euthanased in most cases.Giving to a veterinary practice does not automatically mean they won't be handed to a Pound either.
    By Law you are not free to rehome/keep an animal for 366 days if you avoid the Pound route.

Be aware we can't link to Rescues but that is covered in our Umbrella list of rescues/shelters in our Charter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Hi,
    Elvis has been missing since July, from Greenhills, Walkinstown. He's black with a white chest, white chin and white top left lip, white paws, long white eyebrows and whiskers, long-haired. He's one year old and he's neutered, not wearing a collar.

I know it's nearly four months now, but we still miss him so much so if anyone even thinks they might have seen him, I'd really appreciate if you could let me know. Our other cat, his brother, misses him too. Reward offered.
    Thanks

kit6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

My Yorkshire Terrier has been missing from beside Kilbarrack Fire Station since approx 2pm. Last seen on Milbrook Ave at around 3.30.

No collar, wearing a black and white tee shirt with 'The Dogfather' written on it. Dog is very small, with an unusually short tail. Hair is black and brown with grey showing on his crown. Will only occassionally answer to his name as Fraisier. Very friendly, play bites a lot. He is my own pet and I love him dearly. It is his birthday in two weeks.

If anyone finds him please contact me via Raheny Vetinary Clinic. I'm completely distraught.

The dog got out when the side gate toppled off its hinges while I was at the shop.

I have been driving around for two hours calling his name.

Please please if anyone knows what I should do, I have posted this, contacted both of my nearest Garda stations and the vets clinic in raheny and left mine and his details. Someone found him beside my house when he got out, but he escaped from their garden almost immediately.

PLEASE HELP ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi All,
    I would appreciate any help from anyone who lives in Ashbourne. Sybil is a much loved family pet. She is 11 years old and went missing late yesterday afternoon. Family is devestated so we would really appreciate your help in finding her.
    Her name is Sybil and she is Laza Apso/ Tibetan terrier. She recently had her back teeth removed. She is very friendly. Please PM me if u have any details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

My Brown Boxer dog is gone a few months now
    He could be anywhere now
    if you have seen him send me an email and call your local pound ,but try to take a pic of him before you call me
    manutdkershaw@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Hello,
    My cat Mac is missing from Dundrum, Ballinteer area (Dublin 14/16). He went missing on Sunday 16 Nov and it's very out of character for him to be away for any length of time.
    He is male, 3yrs old, neutered & microchipped. He is quite large and is white with black/grey markings. He has an old injury to his front left paw which makes it turn out slightly. I will get a pic up of him in the next few days.
    If anyone has seen him or if he's hanging around anyone's gardens, please let me know as I'm distraught without him.
    Please pm me with any details.
    Thank you
    Rachel

• Advertisement

Hello,
    As mentioned in my post above, here is a pic.
    (Apologies, I can't seem to edit my post so have had to post again)
    Rachel

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

rachel wrote: »
    Hello,
    As mentioned in my post above, here is a pic.
    (Apologies, I can't seem to edit my post so have had to post again)
    Rachel

Cute cat, sorry to hear he's missing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=86c8ebb9-89ac-42d3-8640-2a213d7847e1&Aux=44|0|8CAD8BB538030D0|

Hey folks,

The smaller of the two (Harry) is missing in the Windy Arbour area since Saturday. She is female, not quite full sized yet and still has a vague scar from recently being neutered.

Our other cat is absolutely lost without her, as are we. I'm fearing the worst, but thought I'd post here anyway.

Thanks.

Monkey61 wrote: »
    GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=86c8ebb9-89ac-42d3-8640-2a213d7847e1&Aux=44|0|8CAD8BB538030D0|

Hey folks,

The smaller of the two (Harry) is missing in the Windy Arbour area since Saturday. She is female, not quite full sized yet and still has a vague scar from recently being neutered.

Our other cat is absolutely lost without her, as are we. I'm fearing the worst, but thought I'd post here anyway.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your cat. It really is awful.
    Have you tried the pet shop there in Windy Arbour or local vets?
    I called them all about Mac just in case someone happened to call in and mention a cat being found, nothing yet but if I hear anything about any other cats I will post back here.

Cringer, thank you, hopefully he'll come home soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

My Brown Boxer dog is gone a few months now
    He could be anywhere now
    if you have seen him send me an email and call your local pound ,but try to take a pic of him before you call the pound or pm me
    manutdkershaw@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭les_steaks

Percy the cat's been missing since Thursday the 27th of November from the Rathgar Road in D6. He's black and white and was wearing a black collar with a bell. He's 18 months old, chipped and neutered and we're lost without him. We've been out all weekend with fliers and put up posters all over but no sign of him. Any help would be very very appreciated. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

I am living in the southside of cork. I moved to this area in august and there was always this black retriever hanging around asked around and they say he has been here months before i came!!!!!:eek:
    No 1 has done anything for this poor boy, so as it is i have taken him in. Have put endless ads for the owner, no luck:(
    Took him to the vet, not miccrochipped or neautered.
    He is so well mannered, i'm looking for a really good loving home for this boy, would keep him but already have 2 dogs[ rottie and mad yorkie]He gets on great with both of them.He is well trained, gives the paw, sits, lies down, stays and great on the lead.So if there's anyone who is interested give me a shout 0894146945/0872920402
    ONLY GOOD LOVING HOME;)

Attachment not found. found in togher cork
    WELL MANERED DOG, NOT MICCROCHIPED OR NEAUTERED.
    WAS WEARING WORN OUT TAN COLORED COLLAR BUT HSAN'T GOT IT ON HIM NOW.
    HAS BEEN AROUND HERE FOR MONTHS.
    HAVE TAKEN HIM IN BUT REALLY NEEDS A GOOD LOVING FOREVER HOME.
    ANY1 WHO IS INTERESTED PLEASE CALL ME ON
    0894146945/0872920402:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Jeffrey went missing from Coolaney, Co. Sligo on Thursday 27th November.
    He is brown and white, 20 months old, micro chipped and was wearing a collar.
    He's a family pet and very much missed.

rachel wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your cat. It really is awful.
    Have you tried the pet shop there in Windy Arbour or local vets?
    I called them all about Mac just in case someone happened to call in and mention a cat being found, nothing yet but if I hear anything about any other cats I will post back here.

Cringer, thank you, hopefully he'll come home soon

I'm very pleased to announce that Mac arrived home today - very thin and weak but very happy and purring and miaowing away!
    I'm delighted - thank you for your kind words and advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paulie511

Black Labrador approx 1-2 years old found in Millrace Saggart on Dec 01, at about 8pm. The dog was found slightly injured but has recovered substantially by today. A very friendly dog, that has clearly been well taken care of before. Please call me on 0867702156.

:) Hey guys, i posted an ad for Black Retriever Found..................
    Found his owners today !!!!!!!:D
    Poor man has been missing since dec 28th !!!!!!!
    So guys, remember there's still hope no matter how long they've been gone;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

magnumlady wrote: »
    Jeffrey went missing from Coolaney, Co. Sligo on Thursday 27th November.
    He is brown and white, 20 months old, micro chipped and was wearing a collar.
    He's a family pet and very much missed.

Now found, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 credmond

Hi guys,

My sister's cat went missing about 2 or 3 days ago. The cat (Chloe) went out and just never came back :( ... They live in the Balinteer area (sorry, don't know the estate yet). She's small, timid and black, and generally scared of most things.

If anyone's seen anything that might be of help please respond... :)

Thanks,
    Cormac

Edit: Chloe went missing in Kingston Estate in Balinteer and was wearing a fluorescent collar with a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Our family dog Billy went missing from outside the house yesterday.
    He's a 1.5 year old Jack Russell, white and tan with a docked tail and he was wearing a red collar.
    He'd sometimes wander off but would always be well back at this stage.
    He's a great little dog, always happy and very loved in our house.
    My wife is devastated and we haven't even told the kids yet, they'll be heartbroken :(

The disturbing thing though is that my wife was talking to people last night and apparently there's been something of a spate of dog robberies in the general north county Dublin area.
    Has anybody heard anything like that?

** He's back!!
    My wife was driving around the area looking for him, and next of all she sees him in the rear view mirror chasing after her :)
    She said he's pretty shaken up and has some blood on his fur, so she's going to take him to the vet.

• Advertisement

That's great news Horseflesh !!!!!!!!!:D
    Bit of TLC and he'll be back to himself;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iamnotamoose

Long haired gray male cat missing from Nutgrove. He's been gone since Monday, Hes six years old neutered and has never gone missing before. (We live on a main road so its possible he got knocked down and someone threw him in a bin) Any information would be a help.

Nutgrove??What county's is that in?

sorry, Rathfarnham, Dublin.

Eric came home tonight, exactly a week after he went missing. He's pretty mangled, looks like he was hit by a car but nothing that a trip to the vet won't sort out. Nice to have a happy ending. Yipeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Missing in the slane castle vicinity. Much loved pet, her owner is frantic.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Red with black face 15 months old went missing 17/12/08 roughly after 6.30pm around the cork st./tenters/south circular road area has a silver chain collar really friendly dog so could have easily been led away any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Dubdude wrote: »
    Red with black face 15 months old went missing 17/12/08 roughly after 6.30pm around the cork st./tenters/south circular road area has a silver chain collar really friendly dog so could have easily been led away any help much appreciated.

Panic over dog home safe and sound a friend was walkin down the street a spotted him with another guy, when the guy was approached he paniced and start stuttering sayin oh he followed me home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

Our cat went out last night and hasn´t been back yet.

I know it´s a bit early to be worried but with the weather being so bad I would appreciate if anyone in the Rathmines and Harold´s Cross area would keep an eye out for her.

Pic attached.

Please Pm me if seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

I went out into the garden this morning and called her for a few minutes. After a while I heard a far away "meow" and she ran up to me.

She seems to have spent the last day or so having a wander in the local area and sleeping under a bush.

We are so happy right now!

Advertisement