Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what now for modding 360's?

• 28-05-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so flashed drives is not the way to go for the moment. Just wondering what the other options are out there?

1) Switchable Chip? Seen them advertised to be able to allow backups to be played but if you go on live you can switch it off. Anyone know if these were hit during the flashed drive cull?
    2) Rubber band trick, seen this on U-Tube, not sure if it really works or not were you use the rubber band to stop the drive reading some parts of the discs.

Snake ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

If you have a Samsung or Toshiba drive in your 360 then you can download c4eva's new ixtreme firmware which now prevents all current MS checks and allows use of backups on live again.

Look in the usual places. Hitachi/LG firmware currently being tested for release soon but with no firm ETA.

Let the games begin.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think it would be wise to let the firmware route alone until Halo 3 is releases as who's to say if the blocking of MS checks will actually work, I reckon they took a snapshot a good while back before banning the modded consoles. Also believe a lot of Samsungs weren't banned bar some silly people playing games before they were released in their region.

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

mikeruurds wrote:
    If you have a Samsung or Toshiba drive in your 360 then you can download c4eva's new ixtreme firmware which now prevents all current MS checks and allows use of backups on live again.

Look in the usual places. Hitachi/LG firmware currently being tested for release soon but with no firm ETA.

Let the games begin.

Mike

does this new fw work with already banned consoles?

has anyone figured out a way to change whatever is telling live a machine is banned yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Helix wrote:
    does this new fw work with already banned consoles?

has anyone figured out a way to change whatever is telling live a machine is banned yet?

No & No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im sure itll appear eventually

til then im happy to keep playing offline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I hope they have something soon because Forza 2 out soon and I wont be able to play it online :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 consolemaster

Buy two consoles,one for online play and one for playing back up.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

And maybe some gold teeth to go with it. :)

Advertisement