Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

breathlessness, feeling suffocated, sciatic nerve and cramps!! ahh month 8 you are just a joy!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Thanks for the tips! The only way I could walk at all last night was sideways like a crab haha glamorous!

You just reminded me of angel delight. I think I'm gonna get some of that in the shopping at the weekend :)

That's if I can keep it down. At 16 weeks, I was morning sick free for 4 days but it returned tonight :( hopefully it's just a one off bad night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I hear ye on the pelvic pain. Didn't suffer badly the last time. Just a few twinges at the end. Im 17 weeks now and this time it kicked in at 6 weeks and and I've been seeing a Physio since about 2-3 weeks after that. Between the Physio and antenatal Pilates I just about seem to be holding it together!!!

My other moan is that I have the flu. Spent most of yesterday in bed and the couple of 15-30 minute spells I was up for left me as weak as a kitten. Thankfully the high temperatures finally seem to have settled though as otherwise the doctor was sending me to the hospital. My poor 14 month old can't understand why I'm not playing with her and just wants to climb up onto the bed and dive on top of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I think I'm going to lose my mind.

After arriving to hospital with protein/blood/glucose in sample, headache and high blood pressure yesterday morning, my blood pressures were completely normal overnight in the hospital. Due to be induced on Monday but justarrived home AGAIN now (this is like my third hospitalisation this month). Pissed/upset at driving home for what feels like the millionth time, still pregnant because I was 0.02 below the cut off for protein and it's the weekend so there was no consultant to give the go ahead to inducing me two days early. The doc even apologised and said if it was tomorrow they'd have induced. Bollox on it. For the sake of 24hrs?

So upset. Irrationally so. Particularly given that I was so tired this morning after being kept up all night on the ward all I wanted to do was come home. Now I'm here bawling my eyes out because I once again walked out without a baby in my arms.

Enough of a rant? I could probably keep going :(

I now have an even worse headache from crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Kashton Important Spacewalk

You poor thing mirrorwall :( Can't say anything to make you feel better but I was in the very same situation as you last year with my little boy, in and out of hospital for 6 weeks before they finaly induced me so I really feel for you, it's such a pain in the árse :(

Also, it's shocking that there's no consultant available during the weekend :eek:

• Advertisement

You poor thing mirrorwall :( Can't say anything to make you feel better but I was in the very same situation as you last year with my little boy, in and out of hospital for 6 weeks before they finaly induced me so I really feel for you, it's such a pain in the árse :(

Also, it's shocking that there's no consultant available during the weekend :eek:

I'm not sure if it was that there wasn't one available at all, or that my team consultant wasn't on but one way or the other Im home again.

It is just so incredibly frustrating. I know it's like 48hrs now but it's another 48hrs of monitoring symptoms and worrying. I'm completely sick of it. I'm also not sure I even believe the BPs I got on the ward, they were totally out of line with my normal reads, all on the same monitor and of course the first read I've done at home this evening is my usual 140s/80s unlike the bizarre ones on the ward of 110/70s. And my monitor isn't wrong because it always matches perinatal/assessment. And I've been in perinatal three days a week for a few weeks now!

Then again I've been crying so I've probably spiked it myself at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Sorry to hear you are upset Mirrorwall x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm not sure if it was that there wasn't one available at all, or that my team consultant wasn't on but one way or the other Im home again.

It is just so incredibly frustrating. I know it's like 48hrs now but it's another 48hrs of monitoring symptoms and worrying. I'm completely sick of it. I'm also not sure I even believe the BPs I got on the ward, they were totally out of line with my normal reads, all on the same monitor and of course the first read I've done at home this evening is my usual 140s/80s unlike the bizarre ones on the ward of 110/70s. And my monitor isn't wrong because it always matches perinatal/assessment. And I've been in perinatal three days a week for a few weeks now!

Then again I've been crying so I've probably spiked it myself at this stage

Sorry you are feeling this way mirrorwall. You will have your wee baby very soon now. In the meantime if you land back in hospital again and are unhappy with the blood pressure readings the midwives are getting. Request they either try with a different automatic machine or more accurately do a manual blood pressure using a manual sphygmomanometer.
    Best of luck for next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Pelvic pain... Omfg I didn't think it would be this bad yet. It's not all the time thank God but last night I was in so much pain I could barely walk then when I went to bed woke up in pain every time I moved in my sleep. I'm only 26 weeks, really was hoping nothing like this would start until a bit later. So have had barely any sleep and am off to work a 10 hour shift where I'll be on my feet all day :(

Finally got around to emailing consultant who recommended solpadeine and is referring me to physio in the hospital. She said if it got worse she will admit me for analgesia and an emergency physio review but don't think its bad enough for that yet!

Thanks everyone. OH brought me out to cinema so nicely wrecked and calmer now. BP still high on home monitor tho (155/102). To bed anyways and I'll worry about it tomorrow! Roll on Monday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Best of luck Mirrorwall! We have almost identical birth stories so far :) Definitely enjoy your own bed before going in, it's worth it to be rested before D Day!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Sorry you are feeling this way mirrorwall. You will have your wee baby very soon now. In the meantime if you land back in hospital again and are unhappy with the blood pressure readings the midwives are getting. Request they either try with a different automatic machine or more accurately do a manual blood pressure using a manual sphygmomanometer.
    Best of luck for next week :)

That was the wierd thing, it was a manual machine though they seemed to be having serious trouble getting it to pump. All reads at home since have been 148/94, 155/102 and 137/92 which are my normal levels (except the second which was high) and my levels since medication two weeks ago have been 130-145/80-95 in perinatal and at home.

The ward reads were 110-125/70-80 which are bizarrely low after two consistant weeks above that, particularly when in perinatal that morning I was reading 140-150/90-95. The drop literally occurred within an hour of transfer from perinatal and they didn't change/give me different meds.

I don't know, maybe I'm just less stressed or something on a ward but
    I've no idea how/why I would drop so significantly for just 24hrs and then rebound

That was the wierd thing, it was a manual machine though they seemed to be having serious trouble getting it to pump. All reads at home since have been 148/94, 155/102 and 137/92 which are my normal levels (except the second which was high) and my levels since medication two weeks ago have been 130-145/80-95 in perinatal and at home.

The ward reads were 110-125/70-80 which are bizarrely low after two consistant weeks above that, particularly when in perinatal that morning I was reading 140-150/90-95. The drop literally occurred within an hour of transfer from perinatal and they didn't change/give me different meds.

I don't know, maybe I'm just less stressed or something on a ward but
    I've no idea how/why I would drop so significantly for just 24hrs and then rebound

If they were having trouble pumping the sphygmomanometer the valve may not have been opened correctly to begin with. Was it a student or qualified midwife taking the bp? If you have any concerns mirrowall regarding the readings you are getting now at home I would ring your hospital and inform them of your current readings. They do seem quite high even if you are saying that is your baseline. Perhaps just give them a quick call and see what they say.

Fwiw, I know how frustrating all this can be. When I was suffering mastitis and took my temp at home which was 39.4... Then went to the hospital and they got a reading of 36.8... Well let's just say I could've cried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Kashton Important Spacewalk

When I was having trouble with my bp it was jumping erratically, it never stayed high or low. They would take a reading before bedtime that might be 140/85 and then in the middle of the night it would have shot up to 150/105 and be back down at 130/70 in the morning. I also had just borderline amounts of protein in my urine. The only other symptoms I had were a constant dull headache and high uric acid levels in my blood. They always told me that if I got a diastolic reading of 90 or more on my home monitor that I was to ring them and come in for observation but that's with a base reading of 130/70.

Thanks everyone. OH brought me out to cinema so nicely wrecked and calmer now. BP still high on home monitor tho (155/102). To bed anyways and I'll worry about it tomorrow! Roll on Monday :)

Best of luck for today mirrowall!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Think this will resonate with a few here 😊

My bubs arrived early so I didn't experience this!

Having glucose tolerance test done this morning. Got the cranky midwife who seems to be blaming me for not being able to get a blood sample. Now after second blood test I feel sick and dizzy and still another hour to go! Oh and heartburn from the Lucozade on an empty stomach. Fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I'd love some Lucozade right now :o How did it go angeldelight?

I'm really fed up today. Heartburn is just driving me mad, I can only eat so many chalky Rennies and I refuse to have Gaviscon because I will puke, I hate it. I look like a frump, getting towards looking like an actual bump but not there yet. This has the interesting side effect of nobody realising I'm 7 months pregnant and I get no leeway, as in if I ask for help carrying something big in a shop, or if I feel a bit woozy and hot in a queue/shop I just get looked at like a whinger :(

Very much having a "what have I DONE" day, can't imagine being able to cope with all the daily crap of work, house, boring grown up stuff and a tiny human to mind...

I'm a bit addicted to Lucozade but have cut way back on it so if it hadn't been on an empty stomach I would have enjoyed that bit haha. They said they'd call if the levels were high and I haven't heard anything so I presume I'm fine! Also there was a medical student doing research which I agreed to take part in where they do the finger prick test after each blood test to see if they correlate closely enough that at some stage in the future it could be used instead and I got a sneaky look at my final reading on her glucometer and it was well below the limits.

Thankfully three Rennies at a time have sorted any heartburn I've had so far but if yours is really bad your doctor can prescribe something stronger for you, it's quite common.

I'd love some Lucozade right now :o How did it go angeldelight?

I'm really fed up today. Heartburn is just driving me mad, I can only eat so many chalky Rennies and I refuse to have Gaviscon because I will puke, I hate it. I look like a frump, getting towards looking like an actual bump but not there yet. This has the interesting side effect of nobody realising I'm 7 months pregnant and I get no leeway, as in if I ask for help carrying something big in a shop, or if I feel a bit woozy and hot in a queue/shop I just get looked at like a whinger :(

Very much having a "what have I DONE" day, can't imagine being able to cope with all the daily crap of work, house, boring grown up stuff and a tiny human to mind...

Funnily enough I hated gaviscon prior to pregnancy but when I was stuck one day in second trimester I had it and found it way better.

Zantac/ranetitdine is also perfectly fine during pregnancy though run it past your doc if you need to. I ended up on emeprezole for the last 5 weeks because mine was so bad! If it's constant and you findnyou are practically overdosing on meds and still uncomfortable say it to the doc emphasising that it you are maxing out and still extremely uncomfortable and they can sort it for you

• Advertisement

Thankfully three Rennies at a time have sorted any heartburn I've had so far but if yours is really bad your doctor can prescribe something stronger for you, it's quite common.
    Zantac/ranetitdine is also perfectly fine during pregnancy though run it past your doc if you need to. I ended up on emeprezole for the last 5 weeks because mine was so bad! If it's constant and you findnyou are practically overdosing on meds and still uncomfortable say it to the doc emphasising that it you are maxing out and still extremely uncomfortable and they can sort it for you

Thanks, yeah I've to go to the doc next week for my next appt so will mention it then. I've taken nothing so far other than Rennies so definitely not overdosing on meds, but will definitely be asking for help making it stop! When it spreads to a pain in my upper back is the WORST :(

Thanks, yeah I've to go to the doc next week for my next appt so will mention it then. I've taken nothing so far other than Rennies so definitely not overdosing on meds, but will definitely be asking for help making it stop! When it spreads to a pain in my upper back is the WORST :(

It's not so much the overdosing as running out of it :) I got zantac when I realised I was taking the max dose of rennie by 2 o clock int he day!

I didn't know there was a max dose of Rennies! I haven't been taking them that much so I doubt I've reached the max but most check it! Hopefully she'll help me out next week.

I didn't know there was a max dose of Rennies! I haven't been taking them that much so I doubt I've reached the max but most check it! Hopefully she'll help me out next week.

Fingers crossed :) also I found water shocking for heartburn unless I nibbled with it and used four pillows for most of the pregnancy too! Good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Fingers crossed :) also I found water shocking for heartburn unless I nibbled with it and used four pillows for most of the pregnancy too! Good luck with it

I also find water awful for my morning sickness even though I crave it from thirst, I actually have to drink fizzy drinks which I know are crap but I keep them down.

In my last pregnancy I had heartburn towards the end and I found that a glass of milk was very helpful.

I've been drinking SO much low fat milk since about 8 weeks, can't get enough of the cold loveliness. I'm getting through at least a litre a day, absolutely need glasses of it and bowls of cereal!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I second the advice re: ranitidine. I had chronic heartburn in my last pregnancy. I was drinking almost a bottle of gaviscon a day..straight from the bottle too, classy! I was spending up to €30 a week on the stuff. When I told my consultant she agreed it was crazy and prescribed ranitidine. One tablet a day in the morning completely sorted the heartburn. I'll be asking for it this time too if the heartburn rears it's ugly head again

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

I'm miserable . My bump is sore. My dog just wants to play and I just want to cry. No good reason, just the way I feel. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

deedless wrote:
    I'm miserable . My bump is sore. My dog just wants to play and I just want to cry. No good reason, just the way I feel. Bah.

me too! my bump has been sore the last week, I randomly feel like crying, and i'm starting to get back ache and pelvic pain, oh the joys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

6 weeks in and I cannot stop crying. What the hell is all that about? :)

Someone is nice to me, I cry. See something cute, I cry. Anger, I cry. Everything, I cry! :D

Does this go on for much longer? Cos it's bloody knackering!! :D

Advertisement