Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stage 2 60 credit deficit.

• 20-01-2015 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I'm in 2nd year and have completed the 60 credit requirement for stage 1 and currently in 2nd year registered to 50 credits for my joint major and 10 elective credits. The registration page says I have a 60 credit deficit for stage 2. Could someone shed any light on the situation for me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

It is because semester 1 results are coming out in the next 24 hours.
    Check again after 14:00 tomorrow it should fix itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Stage 2 is 2nd and 3rd year if your arts, not sure about other degrees so by saying youre 60 short its just next year's credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Route1

Stage 2 is 2nd and 3rd year if your arts, not sure about other degrees so by saying youre 60 short its just next year's credits.
    So should I have chosen them while registering last year or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Route1 wrote: »
    So should I have chosen them while registering last year or?

You choose the other 60 in 3rd year. Even if you tried to choose now, it would stop you once you hit 70 credits (which is the limit in any give year). Basically, so long as you have 60 for this year, don't worry about the other 60 till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Maldesu wrote: »
    You choose the other 60 in 3rd year. Even if you tried to choose now, it would stop you once you hit 70 credits (which is the limit in any give year). Basically, so long as you have 60 for this year, don't worry about the other 60 till next year.

Yeah basically this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement