Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hypnotherapy

• 13-06-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

All this science is reviting however, I have yet to read some positive experiences of hypnotherapy.. can anyone out there give their opinion of how this approach has helped them in terms of their panic or anxiety symptoms??? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Moved from the Psychology forum. Mod note seemed to vanish en route though :-)
    JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hi rustopher

I would say go for it.. hypnotheraphy can reach into the subconscious and find the root of the issue and unlock the fear.. hence removing the panic..
    (based on personal experience and some training in hypno)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kurumul

Whatever you do CHECK the qualifications of the hypnotherapist BEFORE you go ahead. !
    There are some very dubious people and organizations out there who accredit themselves and give themselves fancy titles.
    Any hypnotherapist needs to have undergone psychological training and obtained degrees in psychoanalysis or the like BEFORE taking up hypnotherapy. There are too many out there who read books and watch video's for a few weekends and then set themselves up to charge exorbitant fees to gullible visitors. If someone says he has "advdiphypno" then he is a fraud as this kind of qualification does not exist and was 'thought up' by these 'practitioners'. !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

If anyone has a personal recommendation please pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kurumul

sillysuz wrote: »
    If anyone has a personal recommendation please pm me :)
    Hi: I have sent you a PM. Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Hi I would also be interested in recommendation for hypnotherapy. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tullybuck

HI there
    HAS anyone been to the hypnotist Louis Eyres and how did they find him...any success..would be interested in finding out how he dealt with IBS symptoms and getting rid forever.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

Hi, could someone pm me with a recommendation also, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

We had a presentation at work from a hypnotherapist. Her recommendations were that if you're looking for one, make sure that the do both suggestion and regression, as not all of them do both.
    It's also IMO a controversial remedy as it can leave impressionable people open to influence, especially by someone they trust, this can be either a good or a bad thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to help cure their anxiety? What did you think of it? Did it work? What were the costs? Sorry for all the questions but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement