Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conversion to LPG

• 21-01-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I am considering to convert my car to LPG.

Could this fact affect my policy/coverage?
    I heard different rumours about that. The conversion is enviromentaly friendly and  should not adversely affect the NCT test.

The  conversion centre told me that it would be illegal to increase my premium, but to be honest I would know your position before proceeding

Are there any documents that I should ask to the Conversion Centre for that Liberty Insurance would need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭teediddlyeye

I have my lpg a6 insured with liberty. No difference what so ever in premium just get a certificate from the installer and send in a copy and it will be noted on the insurance policy.

Btw if your considering lpg, do it! There's a place in naas selling for 69c a litre atm :)

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

I am considering to convert my car to LPG.

Could this fact affect my policy/coverage?
    I heard different rumours about that. The conversion is enviromentaly friendly and  should not adversely affect the NCT test.

The  conversion centre told me that it would be illegal to increase my premium, but to be honest I would know your position before proceeding

Are there any documents that I should ask to the Conversion Centre for that Liberty Insurance would need?

[font=Garamond", "serif]Hi Leandrolorenzi[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Before providing you with cover we would issue you with an Engineer’s Report Form. The garage completing the conversion would have to complete this form for you to return to us. If you want to PM me with your policy details I will arrange for someone to contact you and provide you with a quotation for this.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Regards[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Seán[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brok

I'm looking for LPG conversion for my Volvo s40 2005 model 2.5L engine 220BHP. Sent an email to one garage, but no parts in stock :-) Could somebody recommend good installer in Dublin or close if really good?.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Lpgain in Tallaght have a very good rep.
    Ive delt with them a few times they know their stuff. Think they've another outlet in finglas.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

brok wrote: »
    I'm looking for LPG conversion for my Volvo s40 2005 model 2.5L engine 220BHP. Sent an email to one garage, but no parts in stock :-) Could somebody recommend good installer in Dublin or close if really good?.

Hi Brok

Unfortunately we can not advise or recommend on which garage to use to get this work completed.

Thanks for your query though.

Regards

Seán

• Advertisement

Lpgain in Tallaght have a very good rep.
    Ive delt with them a few times they know their stuff.  Think they've another outlet in finglas.
    Spoke to them. They have 2 branches in Dublin.  I'll go to Lpgain in Finglas today.
    Thanks teediddlyeye

It looks like they know what they do. They said that this engine needs fuel pressure emulator to work properly. Don't know, change the car or go ahead?.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

brok wrote: »
    It looks like they know what they do. They said that this engine needs fuel pressure emulator to work properly. Don't know, change the car or go ahea
    Hi brok,
    Lpgain did my 2005 s40 t5 last august. emulator is no big deal. They did a good job and im very happy with it. Car runs great on lpg and it 67cents a litre with Lpgain presently.

Thanks. Good to know that runs great. I also asked different installers. They didn't even know that engine like this needs fuel pressure emulator... I definitely will go with lpgain. Thanks again. 

Advertisement