Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help reading crochet pattern.

• 23-01-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I am tryin to crochet a baby cardigan but i am having trouble reading the pattern.

So i had to do 22ch, half doubles until it reached 6inch. Then it says:

"next row- 27ch, half double across to end of chain. 25sts increased for arm. Work across body stitches, 45 half doubles. Work straight on these sts until piece measures 8inch from hem ending at arm edge."

Sorry i know its a lot. But would love to get this done.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 vonievega

Half doubles is needle into loop wrap wool around pull out. Do this for 6 inches. Then visualise the arm as an extension by making the extra 25 chain at either side continue going across the length of back and arms until pattern says so. Double stitch is wrapping wool around needle put into loop/chain pull out once then grab the wool wrapped over and pull out until you have one stitch on hook. Having said all this you tube has some great video on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Thank you. Have been on you tube but Couldnt figure out what to do in this. Thank you. I am used to the knitting patterns but crochet is very different. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There has to be a mistake in that pattern, the bit about 'Work straight on there stitches on these sts...' does not make any sense. Presumably you are doing a front as there is only instruction for one sleeve there.

looksee wrote: »
    There has to be a mistake in that pattern, the bit about 'Work straight on there stitches on these sts...' does not make any sense. Presumably you are doing a front as there is only instruction for one sleeve there.

Yea Im doing the first half of th front. The arm is meant to be part of it. I am still a bit confused. The chains after the 6inchs, do they go out for the arm? Sort of like at a right angle to the body?

Wait i see what you mean. I wrote it twice. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, the arm bit will stick out with the row of chains along the underside of the sleeve. When you go back along these chains you continue right across from the cuff to the front edge.

Ah yes, I see now what you mean in the quote.

Yes, the arm bit will stick out with the row of chains along the underside of the sleeve. When you go back along these chains you continue right across from the cuff to the front edge.

Ah yes, I see now what you mean in the quote.

Oh i get you now yes. Brilliant. I can start it again tomorrow. Have it done in no time. Thank you for the help!

Advertisement