Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local Elections 2014: What issues will you be raising with candidates on the door?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

haro124 wrote: »
    We've only been canvassed by ff and FG which I find strange. Everyone seems to be just dropping off leaflets

I'm in Trim and we havn't even gotten many leaflets. Only seen one candidate so far at the door. You'd think the likes of Sinn Fein and independents would be trying to get out as much as possible to get themselves known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I'm in the kells lea and the I only see the seats going to ff, FG and sf. Only one independent in the area surprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Does anyone know of any websites with up to date info on the Meath election results?
    I can't find anything on the Meath Chronicle website which I think is very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Call me Al wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any websites with up to date info on the Meath election results?
    I can't find anything on the Meath Chronicle website which I think is very disappointing.

Not the chronic's biggest fan but it's not a 24hr news media, it's the local paper, weekly updates are about as much as you should expect.

http://www.election.meath.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Thanks bladespin, I've just found the LMFM twitter feed too!

• Advertisement

Fianna Fáil at 26.5% in meath . Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Like a dog returning to lick up it's own vomit, the sheeple of Co Meath are returning to the maFFia....

I think it's a different story with local elections, I based my vote on who I know works hard for the area, and who I feel deserves it, not based on their party. Europe and any future general election might be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Very simply it's about performance regardless of party, what I'm seeing here is the people who have been visible out and about over the last few years have won the vote, can't argue with that.

New Kells Councillors:
    Sarah Reilly (FG)
    Eugene Cassidy (FG)
    Bryan Reilly (FF)
    Sean Drew (FF)
    Ben Gilroy (Ind)
    Johnny Guirke (SF)
    Michael Gallagher (SF)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Twigster wrote: »
    I think it's a different story with local elections, I based my vote on who I know works hard for the area, and who I feel deserves it, not based on their party. Europe and any future general election might be a different story.

Exactly. My #1 went to the candidate who I feel has represented me best over the years. He is aligned with a party I'd not vote for in a general election at this time.

On a slightly related note - what is taking Trim so long to get the counts finished???

PauloMN wrote: »
    Exactly. My #1 went to the candidate who I feel has represented me best over the years. He is aligned with a party I'd not vote for in a general election at this time.

On a slightly related note - what is taking Trim so long to get the counts finished???

Full recount after the tenth count. Something like seven votes in it for the last seat.

Enda Flynn (FG), Noel French (FG), Ronan McKenna (FF) elected

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Christ, the county council can't even spell the name of Ratoath correctly in their result sheets/public statements :rolleyes:
    Constantly referring to it as "Rathoath".
    Anyhoo, recount in Ratoath is due at 2pm. Why it has to wait til then, I don't know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Christ, the county council can't even spell the name of Ratoath correctly in their result sheets/public statements :rolleyes:
    Constantly referring to it as "Rathoath".
    Anyhoo, recount in Ratoath is due at 2pm. Why it has to wait til then, I don't know.

The teachers will be finished their real jobs at 2pm, then they can start counting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

PauloMN wrote: »
    The teachers will be finished their real jobs at 2pm, then they can start counting again!

You might want to have a look at this....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90561432&postcount=39

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone have any idea what's going on in the Ratoath count? Recount should have been at 2pm but I've seen nothing about it on the Meath Co. Council election website, the Chronicle or on RTE.

Advertisement