Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

from what i can see you can do it via the Setanta website....
    At least when i get confirmation of the HD channels thats how i plan to try it :)

http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ckelly10

Don't really want setanta just bt sport. can you only get it as a setanta package?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

my understanding is no, not in the Republic anyways. Seems its only available with Setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ckelly10

Thanks for the info think i'll just do the package!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I signed up through the Setanta website yesterday, it was painless. You Get BT1, 2 and Espn along with both Setanta channels obviously. BT HD channels included for the standard 20 E a month or 200 in one payment (both one year contract) Both Credit Card and Direct Debit excepted. The channels came in after about 15 or 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I signed up yesterday for the annual package via Sky.
    2 issues: picture quality on BT Sport 1 HD for the Liverpool match was poor. Blurred image when close ups of players near the advertising hoardings. Anyone else find this?
    Also I rang today to get the package added to my multi-room box for free and was told it was not possible and I would have to pay. Anyone else got it free on the multi-room box by calling them?
    I have been subscribing to the full Setanta pack since April 2005, I pay by direct debit monthly, but I was surprised to find that my account was only debited yesterday by €16.99, I phoned Setanta yesterday and I was told that the increase will take effect in 2 months time 2nd October 2013, I was told that I will continue to receive the multiroom free for another 12 months, it has been free to me ever since August 2009, (When Setanta UK collapsed.) I was told this is done for loyal customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

ckelly10 wrote: »
    Don't really want setanta just bt sport. can you only get it as a setanta package?

Yes, it's a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

ckelly10 wrote: »

Yes that's correct
    BT Sport is only available in the Rep of Ireland by subscribing to Setanta
    Sky you subscribe using Setanta website
    UPC you subscribe to Setanta plus pack

Its only possible if you live in the UK OR N Ireland to subscribe to BT Sport on its own

BT Sport has given Setanta the exclusive rights to provide BT Sport in the Republic of Ireland
    You can choose either SKY OR UPC
    Setanta you get 33 Barclays Premier League matches and BT Sport 38 Barclays Premier League matches
    Total 71 Games

I signed up yesterday for the annual package via Sky.
    2 issues: picture quality on BT Sport 1 HD for the Liverpool match was poor. Blurred image when close ups of players near the advertising hoardings. Anyone else find this?
    Also I rang today to get the package added to my multi-room box for free and was told it was not possible and I would have to pay. Anyone else got it free on the multi-room box by calling them?

I subscribed to Setanta on there website using online on Thursday not by calling them
    €19.99 a month paid by direct debit bank account
    I got a confirmation your subscribed to setanta
    with this was a message get free multi room on second sky box call customer service it gave a number I cant remember it off hand
    I called them asked for the free multi room asked for the sky card number
    while I was on the phone I asked how much for a third sky box was told €2.99
    I now have 3 Sky HD Boxes with Setanta Subscription €22.98 a Month
    €19.99 main box
    second box free
    third box €2.99

Was told max number of Sky Boxes is 4 they allow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

irishfeen wrote: »
    No still the same SS1 is now blocked in Ireland as RTE's coverage of the GAA is being played out in the UK.

Very strange.

Looking at the UPC EPG today I can see that Setanta Sports 1 has

NRL on now
    NRL Fulltime at 3.30pm
    NRL at 4pm
    Nascar at 6

The Sky+ app shows

This is Setanta Sports 1 from 1.30pm to 6pm

Setanta Sports 1 is definitely showing rugby league on UPC as I am watching it

Is Setanta Sports 1 on satellite blocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Is there any website to see Setanta / BT Sports vs. Sky Premier League matches altogether?

Like the link below but including Setanta:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

has anyone a good tv listings site that will show me the bt and espn full listings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I got a call from a Setanta rep wanting me to rejoin as I was a past customer but the call dropped.Anyone else get a call?Just wondering what sort of deal Setanta are offering to ex-customers to lure them back.Not paying €20 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is there any website to see Setanta / BT Sports vs. Sky Premier League matches altogether?

Like the link below but including Setanta:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html
    I posted this soon after the fixtures came out ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85481588&postcount=369 ... it might be what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

toby2111 wrote: »
    I got a call from a Setanta rep wanting me to rejoin as I was a past customer but the call dropped.Anyone else get a call?Just wondering what sort of deal Setanta are offering to ex-customers to lure them back.Not paying €20 a month.
    Also got a call as an ex-customer. €12.99 for 2 months then €19.99 after that. The €199.99 online deal for 12 months is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I am going to wait firstly, for my email from SetantaSport/BT Sport to give me three months for half price or less, then, if i take that, I will cancel after the three months and get it for between €5 and €8 a month after that. I used to get setanta for a €5 pm for three years. No way I and anyone I know is going to seriously pay €20 a month for this.

That's my tuppence worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good luck with that ^ ^

Widescreen wrote: »
    I am going to wait firstly, for my email from SetantaSport/BT Sport to give me three months for half price or less, then, if i take that, I will cancel after the three months and get it for between €5 and €8 a month after that. I used to get setanta for a €5 pm for three years. No way I and anyone I know is going to seriously pay €20 a month for this.

That's my tuppence worth!
    You be waiting very long time to get that as in never
    Before it was just Setanta they only had 2 channels you got a good chance especially if you told them you already had Setanta Ireland on UPC

With BT Sport now been
    BT Sport 1
    BT Sport 2
    ESPN
    Both in SD and HD = 3 Channels
    With Setanta its now 2 + 3 = 5 Channels
    You have no hope getting there package for €5

Next 3 Years BT Sport only available by subscribing to Setanta using SKY or UPC
    You cannot get the channels from BT Sport as separate channels in Rep of Ireland you have no choice but to take full package with Setanta
    This will stay this way until after 3 years deal is over and then it will be either BT Sport letting Rep of Ireland getting there channels direct or extending the rights to Setanta as they have exclusive rights to broadcast
    BT Sport 1 BT Sport 2 and ESPN in Rep Of Ireland
    Note again both SKY and UPC are not allowed to offer ESPN as a separate channel its now owned by BT Sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

With BT added now, there is absolutely no chance of the old 5 quid deal will be dished out to Setanta subs who might depart or be willing to come back imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I have a sky box. But not signed up to sky, so im only getting all the free to air channels.
    Can i just sign up to setanta or do i also need to sign up to sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I have a sky box. But not signed up to sky, so im only getting all the free to air channels.

yep same position as you, ordered and waiting for my card to arrive this week!

All you need is Sky Box and a sky card no need for sky subscription
    If you don't have a sky card Setanta they can provide to you a Setanta card

No need to subscribe to Sky but you do need a Sky card.

If you have one just call Setanta with the viewing card number, if you don't have a card just call them anyway & they will order you a card for your new sub.

When the card comes just call them again & they will activate your card.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Looks like Aston Villa v Arsenal, Setanta's first 3pm of the season, will be on Setanta Sports 1 at any rate. There is horse racing and French football scheduled for Setanta Ireland at this time, and while Setanta 1 is listing "This is Setanta Sports 1" (normally the listing for when Premier Sports is showing programmes for which Setanta does not hold Irish rights), the 14:30 - 17:30 window is the exact time slot Premier League Live runs in.

icdg wrote: »
    Looks like Aston Villa v Arsenal, Setanta's first 3pm of the season, will be on Setanta Sports 1 at any rate. There is horse racing and French football scheduled for Setanta Ireland at this time, and while Setanta 1 is listing "This is Setanta Sports 1" (normally the listing for when Premier Sports is showing programmes for which Setanta does not hold Irish rights), the 14:30 - 17:30 window is the exact time slot Premier League Live runs in.
    icdg you have UPC don't you? ... There was some confusion about Setanta Sports 1 broadcasting, a poster suggested that during the weekend while it was blocked on satellite that Setanta Sports 1 was "definitely" showing rugby league on UPC ...ever come across that when the GAA games are on RTE Two.

Just got a call from Setanta as i'm a previous customer (12.99 deal), the guy was getting very agitated when I told him that you can stream the matches with better picture quality over the internet then watch it on Setanta Ireland/1 :) ... I told him most channels are turning HD nowadays and he simply said that's not true sir :)

irishfeen wrote: »
    Just got a call from Setanta as i'm a previous customer (12.99 deal), the guy was getting very agitated when I told him that you can stream the matches with better picture quality over the internet then watch it on Setanta Ireland/1 :) ... I told him most channels are turning HD nowadays and he simply said that's not true sir :)

You can stream the matches with better picture quality over the internet then watch it on Setanta Ireland YOUR QUOTE
    your taking the piss
    Setanta Ireland HD from UPC Picture quality is extremely good if you have a good HD TV recent Panasonic plasma is best

I know you want a bit of fun every now and then we do all here online have a laugh
    but there no need to wind up a guy just doing his job
    that's for here if you want to make up stuff

Just curious what you work at and then someone calls you make up stuff to you at your job

If your not happy about something don't make up stuff about a service to try get something
    There noting wrong with a bit of banter between us here online and some of it is funny yes buts that's a step to far talking on a phone to a guy just doing his job

Still can't believe we have BT in HD & Setanta won't put up their own channel in HD on 28e.

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Still can't believe we have BT in HD & Setanta won't put up their own channel in HD on 28e.

Setanta Ireland HD is a UPC exclusive
    That may change of course at a later stage but UPC have this as a deal with Setanta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

paulboland wrote: »
    You can stream the matches with better picture quality over the internet then watch it on Setanta Ireland YOUR QUOTE
    your taking the piss
    Setanta Ireland HD from UPC Picture quality is extremely good if you have a good HD TV recent Panasonic plasma is best

I know you want a bit of fun every now and then we do all here online have a laugh
    but there no need to wind up a guy just doing his job
    that's for here if you want to make up stuff

Just curious what you work at and then someone calls you make up stuff to you at your job

If your not happy about something don't make up stuff about a service to try get something
    There noting wrong with a bit of banter between us here online and some of it is funny yes buts that's a step to far talking on a phone to a guy just doing his job

I think he may be a satellite customer rather than UPC like I was at one stage. When I had Setanta on satellite the picture quality was awful to say the least in SD and that's what people on here are trying to tell Setanta but they are not listening...I can stream matches at HD quality rate when Setanta is broadcasting at an awful bitrate on Sky and pixels all over the place.

Advertisement