Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What if anything are we entitled to?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I'd really appreciate any advice on this please,
    Myself and my boyfriend are renting privately and paying €800 a month for a verrry small 1 bedroom apartment. We have a young baby and I'm currently still on maternity leave -I get €262 a week on this-, unfortunately my boyfriend is out of work and is only entitled to €142 a week and is doing a private training corse which will hopefully open more doors eventually.

I know that we will get childrens allowance eventually and soon I will be back to work so money wont be much of an issue but in the mean time is there anything we could be entitled to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

rent allowance, medical card,

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

darokane wrote: »
    rent allowance, medical card,
    Thanks a lot for the reply, how could we be entitled to rent allowance? With me going back to work at the end of November? Also how do we apply for the medical card? Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

CarMe wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the reply, how could we be entitled to rent allowance? With me going back to work at the end of November? Also how do we apply for the medical card? Thanks so much

you're income is under a certain amount at the moment so you should be entitled to it for now

medical card applications can be got out of your local health centre
    Best thing to do is go talk to your cwo officer

Advertisement