Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Firstly,
    I didn't mention there was a huge difference between 49th and 50th in the world. I was saying there was a difference between the TOP 50 in the world against someone saying there was little or no difference between these players, which is just non-sense.

Longfellow: Yes, casey did choke, but where the f*ck was harrington, miles and miles apart is where.

And I can't wait for the Sunday, this comment was made meaning that I can't wait, because I'm going to be there watching

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭WacoKid

And yet another reason why Casey isn't on the team.

Talk about choking the win away...

Been following Harrington since he came on tour with Bjorn in 1996.

If there is anyone who falls back once they get near the top unfortunately its Harrington.

and casey is a choker...

lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsU5kEGQQrs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    and casey is a choker...

lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsU5kEGQQrs

Not even close to the same thing. When this happened Harrington was maybe tied for the lead or 1 off the lead...the tournament could still have been won by 4 or 5 players easily. Casey was 3 clear last night with 6 to play...the tournament was his for the taking. Hell of a difference there. Anyway, I thought you weren't posting until after the Ryder Cup...

fullstop wrote: »
    Not even close to the same thing. When this happened Harrington was maybe tied for the lead or 1 off the lead...the tournament could still have been won by 4 or 5 players easily. Casey was 3 clear last night with 6 to play...the tournament was his for the taking. Hell of a difference there. Anyway, I thought you weren't posting until after the Ryder Cup...

OMG

ok ok , you are so right, it's not the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

OMG

ok ok , you are so right, it's not the same thing
    I won't bother....
    such clueless people..

I look forward to the 3rd October.
    last post till then...

Man of your word...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Firstly,
    I didn't mention there was a huge difference between 49th and 50th in the world. I was saying there was a difference between the TOP 50 in the world against someone saying there was little or no difference between these players, which is just non-sense.

Longfellow: Yes, casey did choke, but where the f*ck was harrington, miles and miles apart is where.

And I can't wait for the Sunday, this comment was made meaning that I can't wait, because I'm going to be there watching

We see your not a man of your word anyway-last post till then my ar$e!

On regular 4-day tour events there is a difference yes, not as major as you make out, but yes a difference. In a matchplay situation though there is damn all difference.

Look at the WGC Matchplay winners.

2010 - Ian Poulter def. Paul Casey, 4-and-2
    2009 - Geoff Ogilvy def. Paul Casey, 4-and-3
    2008 - Tiger Woods def. Stewart Cink, 8-and-7
    2007 - Henrik Stenson def. Geoff Ogilvy, 2-and-1
    2006 - Geoff Ogilvy def. Davis Love III, 3-and-2
    2005 - David Toms def. Chris DiMarco, 6-and-5
    2004 - Tiger Woods def. Davis Love III, 3-and-2
    2003 - Tiger Woods def. David Toms, 2-and-1
    2002 - Kevin Sutherland def. Scott McCarron, 1-up
    2001 - Steve Stricker def. Pierre Fulke, 2-and-1
    2000 - Darren Clarke def. Tiger Woods, 4-and-3
    1999 - Jeff Maggert def. Andrew Magee, 1-up (38 holes)

Most of the winners were nowhere near the top 10 in the OWGR (except Tiger, obviously).

Casey is a far better golfer than Poulter. Yet another occasion that he threw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Russman

Exactly, at a regular European tour event, say something like an Irish Open, where there's a big rankings gap between the highest and lowest ranked players there is a clear difference between the players, you can even see it on the range. However at say, a WGC event, there is little noticeable difference between 1,2 & 49, 50 and also they are all noticeably better than most of the field at a regular tour event.
    Any difference is more than offset by the one off nature of an 18 hole match. I stand by that opinion.
    Plus with Harrington and Casey its not rankings 1 & 50 its 8 & 20 we're comparing so any difference is minute.

BTW what happened to Casey could happen to anyone so I wouldn't use that as a stick to beat him with, but it just shows how 3 bad shots can drastically affect a result and therefore his ranking, so we maybe shouldn't get too hung up on lists IMO. He may well be a choker but he hasn't improved or disimproved since Monty made his picks.
    Sure look at the way the fed ex rankings were changing by the minute as players held or missed putts, if someone dropped 20 places because someone else held a 20 footer or chipped in it doesn't necessarily mean they're 20 places a lesser player than they were 5 minutes previously.

And, yes, Casey ss a far better golfer than Poulter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

Despite all of the Casey/Harrington discussions recently, there is no question about the fact that Casey is a very good golfer. I just don't think his overall form this year is as good as the British media have tried to make out. Before Monty made the picks, I thought he would go for Harrington, Molinari & Casey.

In my opinion, he is the most talented of the English players, with the possible exception of Lee Westwood, and is the most likely to win a major. Westwood should have won at least one by now but the fact that he has had so many close calls may mean that he is destined never to win one. I think Casey's game is such that he is more likely to put himself in position to win majors than Donald, Poulter or Rose. Poulter probably has the strongest mind of the four but is less likely to get in position as often.

Casey is around 6 years younger than Harrington and his position in the game is now fairly similar to Harrington's 5 or 6 years ago - a number of wins (maybe not quite as many as he should have), top 10 in the world and some good finishes in the biggest events. If he wins a major in the next three years, he would be matching Padraig's 2007 Open win. I also think that if he wins one, he could win more than one. He needs to establish himself as a top 10 regular and the rest will surely follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Firstly,

did you not?no?you're talking such nonsence you're mixing yourself up
    this is a direct quote from you,
    "there is a huge difference between no. 1 or 2 in the world and no. 49 or 50 in the world....HUGE difference"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

heavyballs wrote: »
    did you not?no?you're talking such nonsence you're mixing yourself up
    this is a direct quote from you,
    "there is a huge difference between no. 1 or 2 in the world and no. 49 or 50 in the world....HUGE difference"

In your quoted portion he is saying there is a difference between "1,2" and "49,50" not between 49 and 50.

GreeBo wrote: »
    In your quoted portion he is saying there is a difference between "1,2" and "49,50" not between 49 and 50.

exactly !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

looks like the 2 7's are going to hurt p.h. unless he can birdie one of the last few,hope he does

doubles & triples good in baseball shocking in golf......

I wonder is there a stat somewhere to show double bogeys or worse per round played.....I reckon in the top 50 of the world p.h. would lead this unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

soundsham wrote: »
    looks like the 2 7's are going to hurt p.h. unless he can birdie one of the last few,hope he does

doubles & triples good in baseball shocking in golf......

I wonder is there a stat somewhere to show double bogeys or worse per round played.....I reckon in the top 50 of the world p.h. would lead this unfortunately

18 is a chance. When you look at his cards they look like colouring books

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2010/tournamentid=2010078/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Parky2010

Another missed cut for PH , 7th of the year. No good by his standards anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

We are not auditioning for a remake of The Goonies, please keep your posts on topic and to the point.

Parky2010 is perfectly entitled to post an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

GreeBo wrote: »
    We are not auditioning for a remake of The Goonies, please keep your posts on topic and to the point.

Parky2010 is perfectly entitled to post an opinion.

If we were auditioning for a remake of the Goonies - who would you guys want to be?? I'd be Data - he had all the deadly gadget sh*t to mess with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Parky2010 wrote: »
    Another missed cut for PH , 7th of the year. No good by his standards anyway

His hydration levels must have been dodgy or his focus wasn't right or he was working on a swing change or he was worried about his sick poodle or........... he just played inconsistent shíte. :rolleyes:

Squiggle wrote: »
    His hydration levels must have been dodgy or his focus wasn't right or he was working on a swing change or he was worried about his sick poodle or........... he just played inconsistent shíte. :rolleyes:

:D

Could be just high cholesterol :rolleyes:

Starting off steady at Dubai, was -1 through 6. Then a bogey at a par 5 :eek: shocker :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Parky2010 wrote: »
    Starting off steady at Dubai, was -1 through 6. Then a bogey at a par 5 :eek: shocker :rolleyes:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BOGEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

3 bogeys in a row on 7, 8 & 9 and one thrown in on 15 as well.

C'mon Paddy, you can do better than that.

...and then finishes birdie / par / eagle. WTF is this lad like?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Tomhoganie

i think he has to feel like he has no chance and the relaxes into it - bit of a head scratcher considering the man is a major winner...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

charlieIRL wrote: »
    ...and then finishes birdie / par / eagle. WTF is this lad like?!!

Par on the last, finished +2.

Par on the last, finished +2.

correct. European tour website is playing tricks on me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

That caught me out too. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

That caught me out too. Pity.

A right pair of Charlies :pac:

A right pair of Charlies :pac:

says the comedian!!:D

• Advertisement

70 today for Padraig. Level par, 9 back going into tomorrow. Another quiet week for him so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement