Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

A customer here owns that red s2000 with 52000 looking like s2000.
    Uncle had a 7 series, 00-d-7, and 02-d-2007, and 05-d-7007.
    Cousin had 911, 00-d-29911, and 02-d-911, and Sl55 04-d-66666.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

ZV 666 is on a sinister looking Merc Fintail

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Sizzler wrote:
    I know someone with a 911, O6 D 911.

Seen that one a few weeks back, Carrera 4S cabrio in Portumna on Aug bank holiday weekend, lovely looking!
    Fey! wrote:
    There's a 4wd in Galway with the reg 05-MO-515, but with no gaps or hyphens; it reads "OSMOSIS" - I think it belongs to a water company.

Very clever!

Seen that one as well, a Rexton I believe

03-C-110 Clio, very nice reg!

05-G 112 H2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

A hummer - 05-d-112 - H2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Mr Moran (I presume) taking advantage of a strategically placed screw head!
    image008ip2.jpg

And this guy must like his beer! N11 BUD
    image016th1.jpg

Both seen in Mullingar today.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Check out the shape of the plate (not the reg) on this Rover 75. Talk about making an awful looking car (IMO) worse. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

03-D-55 on an SL 55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Check out the shape of the plate (not the reg) on this Rover 75. Talk about making an awful looking car (IMO) worse. :eek:

In the I960s and I970s there was a Rover 3 litre/3.5 litre or P5 which had a very large number plate space and the vast majority of the UK market cars had this exact shape of number plate. So when the 75 arrived in I999, it too featured this large number plate area, hence why there are many 75s fitted with this style of plate.

This plate would definitely qualify as completely Irish and illegal.

170906_015121.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

G Luxel wrote:
    This plate would definitely qualify as completely Irish and illegal.

170906_015121.JPG
    Anything to beat the speed cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Silvera

Old Irish reg 'VIP 1' sold for c.£300,000 recently to Roman Abramovich.

Isle Of Man plate I photographed when I visited the island last year. Mr Mannion I presume ?

And in some countries they pay to advertise the year of their cars ;)
    2005 Mustang GT

If Mitsubishi ever get up to Version 119 on the Lancer this could be valuable!:D

image009nt5.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Friend's dad Has 05-*-350 on his S350

His mom's getting a clk so I presume 07-*-200 will appear on the driveway soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

G Luxel wrote:
    In the I960s and I970s there was a Rover 3 litre/3.5 litre or P5 which had a very large number plate space and the vast majority of the UK market cars had this exact shape of number plate. So when the 75 arrived in I999, it too featured this large number plate area, hence why there are many 75s fitted with this style of plate.

Check out this beauty..

Rover 75 as found in athlone...no number plate but the horridness is something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I just saw a Land Rover Discovery in Dun Laoighre today with Kuwait plates (with the Arabic font and all). Handy for the speed cameras! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Check out this beauty..

Rover 75 as found in athlone...no number plate but the horridness is something else!

I see this is parked in a disabled parking bay... Its obvious the owner is BLIND... :)

This guy was very hopefully! 1. on the result of the match & 2. that he wasn't going to meet a traffic cop! (Regular no. plate was in back window but not fully visable)

image020nn3.jpg

Sorry Photo not great 06-MO-SAM

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The "H" was angled like an X...
    mx5qi8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Neighbour had 00-D-100000.
    Is that the shipping plastic still on?
    irish1967 wrote:
    I see this is parked in a disabled parking bay... Its obvious the owner is BLIND... :)
    Actually there looks like there is a blue badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

my brother has a 2001 Pug 306 with reg plates

01 - RN - 306, looks sweet

• Advertisement

Heres this plate again, yellow background, Isle of Man font. 260906_214103.JPG
    no longer valid as the cops didnt like it.

I wonder if the number MIN I is registered here. It would be an old plate but
    appropriate for a Mini.

There is an old Datsun advertisement taken in Dublin in I980 featuring the
    entire range for that year and one of the cars, a 280 ZX, features the said
    number plate......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Victor wrote:
    Neighbour had 00-D-100000.
    That is on a maroon coloured Hyundai Santa Fe. Your neighbour must have sold it as I've seen it outside the church in Lusk a couple of times. Didn't have a camera phone then.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That is on a maroon coloured Hyundai Santa Fe. Your neighbour must have sold it as I've seen it outside the church in Lusk a couple of times. Didn't have a camera phone then.
    Thats interesting, becuase I thought it was white or silver in colour. It was a car dealer who had it originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Here is a great pic I took a few months back of a Jap imported Honda Civic with a standard Irish plate on the back. Something just doesn't look right !

40k575l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

What makes me laugh is the few RWD Toyota twin cams that are around Meath/Cork with '91 plates.....

If I am not mistaken, didnt Toyota stop producing them in '88/'89?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭bop1977

there is a skoda RS with the reg 03-XX-125 and the 125 is shaped like RS

That was actually the first car in Dublin with a 9-digit reg.

I have the newspaper cutting from 2000, when the jeep was registered by ? Motors.

Do-more wrote:
    This guy was very hopefully! 1. on the result of the match & 2. that he wasn't going to meet a traffic cop! (Regular no. plate was in back window but not fully visable)

image020nn3.jpg

Sorry Photo not great 06-MO-SAM

If I were a Traffic Cop I would definetly pull him over!
    The 06-MO-SAM plate should have been in the rear window - not his normal reg?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mac 3

If I recall correctly, MIN 1 was on a mini up to a few years ago. When I was in school, someone used to get picked up in a black MK 1 Golf GTI that had the old Limerick city reg (TI) The plate he had was 1 GTI.

I think 2 GTI was on a green MK 1 Golf GTI also. There was also a Dublin registered BMW 635 CSI, with the reg 635 CSI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Silvera wrote:
    If I were a Traffic Cop I would definetly pull him over!
    The 06-MO-SAM plate should have been in the rear window - not his normal reg?!!

ah leave him alone.he is only messing.if he had his original in the window.its fine.:D

Advertisement