Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on this desktop im building? First time building one and need help?

• 09-11-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

CPU: Intel i5 4670K

MoBo: ASRock z87 Extreme4

it all costs 1300 euro and im wanting it for Animating, unity, 3ds Max and gaming

Ram: Corsaire Vengeance 8gb

Case: Zalman Z11 plus mid tower

GPU: Gigabyte gtx770 windforce

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX750 80PLUS Bronze, 750W

Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s

CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

OP: Windows 7

Display: 24" samsung monitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

CPU: Intel i5 4670K

MoBo: ASRock z87 Extreme4

it all costs 1300 euro and im wanting it for Animating, unity, 3ds Max and gaming

Ram: Corsaire Vengeance 8gb
    I
    Case: Zalman Z11 plus mid tower

GPU: Gigabyte gtx770 windforce

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX750 80PLUS Bronze, 750W

Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s

CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

OP: Windows 7

Display: 24" samsung monitor

All in all Good solid build.

That said ,Not a fan of the case. Most people overlook a good case. But you need to factor in noise and good airflow. Kinda go hand in hand bad airflow will make more noise ie graphics card running hotter. Blah blah.

If you can stretch your budget do try, list prices of your parts. maybe boards can help you shop smarter and cover additional cost of a better case.

I built your pc just now and was nowhere near 1300? And that was including a more expensive case? I could almost fit in a 120 SSD to get to 1300? Where you buying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PizzaMacMuffin

Hardwareversand.de

All in all Good solid build.

That said ,Not a fan of the case. Most people overlook a good case. But you need to factor in noise and good airflow. Kinda go hand in hand bad airflow will make more noise ie graphics card running hotter. Blah blah.

If you can stretch your budget do try, list prices of your parts. maybe boards can help you shop smarter and cover additional cost of a better case.

what is a good case then?

Hardwareversand.de

Ahh I forgot the cooler one sec.

Still only getting 1253

The nanoxia deep silence 1 , or fractal design r4.
    Both very popular for builds , as they are very good for their price. Not flashy or gamer lookin no blue lights. But much better for the parts inside and keeping noise down. Depends if that is important to you.

• Advertisement

Ahh I forgot the cooler one sec.

Still only getting 1253

The nanoxia deep silence 1 , or fractal design r4.
    Both very popular for builds , as they are very good for their price. Not flashy or gamer lookin no blue lights. But much better for the parts inside and keeping noise down. Depends if that is important to you.

do you know if the NZXT phantom is a good case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It's a good case alright but, I don't like the look of it. Each to there own. If I was buying a case today this is what I'd go for, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-157-CS&groupid=2362&catid=1489

It's a good case alright but, I don't like the look of it. Each to there own. If I was buying a case today this is what I'd go for, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-157-CS&groupid=2362&catid=1489
    ive decided to go with the nanoxia deep silence one

Good call. There is a reason why it is nearly always sold out. And that is because it is a good all rounder. If you have any doubts at all look up any reviews on it. Hits the sweet spot every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭Icepick

R9 280x is a better (and slightly cheaper) card, see this review, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ive decided to go with the nanoxia deep silence one

Yeah, that's a nice case too.

Advertisement