Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Money Transfers

• 06-05-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend who is best for this?
    Sounds like the companys who facilitate this are cheaper then a normal transfer with your bank.
    I'm looking at transfermate right now but any advise would be very welcome.
    Ireland to NZ btw, sooner the better imo as the Euro gets worse by the day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

larsson7 wrote: »
    Sounds like the companys who facilitate this are cheaper then a normal transfer with your bank.

Tell me about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Registered Users Posts: 38,920 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

larsson7 wrote: »
    I know its great!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

Anyone ever use this company (http://www.moneycorp.com/au) to transfer money? I am in the process of setting up an account with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 plink

I've been wondering about this too. Heading over in three weeks...How do I get money from BOI into an Australian account that I havent even opened yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭larsson7

I've actually gone with Transfermate, losing out on dollars by the day so did it asap. They're Irish which is a big plus too.
    So what I did was set up NZ Bank Account online and got my new account details within 2 days.
    Transfermate then have accounts with all the major Irish Bank so I'll make a free transfer into their account from my own Irish account.
    They then transfer to my NZ account at supposedly better rates. I've looked at other similar companys and they just all go by market rates at exact time you confirm with them and I'm sure these are better then what are robbing banks give.
    There was no fee involved, they actually tried charging me €15 but I challenged this as it clearly says first transfer is free on their site, they said this was for Europe only but waived the fee once I challenged.

Otherwise you get charged by your Irish Bank and by your foreign bank and probably get worse rates....as I remember when doing this when Australia few years ago, 2 different bank charges being very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

its 15euros to tranfer to australia with transfermate,and permanent tsb will only let you transfer 3000euro max in one day,so you end up paying 30euro to transfermate if you need over 3000euro,also the rate is similar to ptsb,today 1euro =137 au dolls,but transfermate 1euro=130 au dolls,so your losing 7cent on every euro.looks like you save time with the bank,cause there is no saving with transfermate.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

there is a few posts about ozforex, you can lock in the rate. they charge 10 euro or free if the amount is over 5k. I want to use them, but looking for more infor on initially transferring the money to them, and how much I will be charged transferring to my newly setup westpac bank account.

The AUD seems to have dropped a fair bit over the weekend 1.42 down to 1.37 today. the day it was 1.41, PTSB were only offering 1.35, so there is a good saving to be made. not going til January, so I am going to keep a close eye on the market daily for the best rate

Advertisement