Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2002 Mondeo

• 15-08-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Thinking of getting a '02 or '03 Mondeo. Anything I should look out for when buying 2nd hand?

Or is there anything else you'd recommend instead?
    I have about 8K to spend and want something around 1.6 or 1.8, that would give me any hassle or problems.

Cheers...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A good car used. Decent value too. A good drive.

1.8 only in petrol. Zetec trim is better, and engine has a bit more power too. 125bhp.

Check www.honestjohn.co.uk for an impartial view.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What about the Diesel versin Henry, Zetec version are a 115 are they, I don't think the 130 came out here in Ireland?

A nice zetec S if you could get ur hands on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Make sure you go for the Zetec model. The 1.8 litre Zetec has 125bhp compared to the 110bhp 1.8 litre LX. The Zetec model also has more toys and will be easier to sell on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

yop wrote:
    What about the Diesel versin Henry, Zetec version are a 115 are they, I don't think the 130 came out here in Ireland?

A nice zetec S if you could get ur hands on one.

Indeed yop, but the op's budget and 1.6/1.8 suggestion mean petrol only.

130bhp diesels were rare enough here. Vast majority of TDCI's were 115bhp, which is still well up to the task.

Advertisement