Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

That_Guy wrote: »
    My current headline on my profile is "Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle"

Half thinking of changing it to "Just sticking my rod out there" :pac:

EDIT: Changed

hope you put a pic of your fishing pole up as well or the ladies might think your one of them penis pic sending weirdos :P (or they msg you asking for said pics :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My current headline on my profile is "Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle"

Half thinking of changing it to "Just sticking my rod out there" :pac:

EDIT: Changed

I'd defo message someone with that tagline. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

So I am trying out OKC. Chatting with a few guys at the moment. There are a few guys who I would be interested in contacting and show as good matches but I see I'm outside their requested age bracket. Should I contact them anyway?

One bug bear I do have is a lot of guys I have seen have the age limit set so they are willing to go about 10 years younger and only 1 or 2 years older. I have +-10 year limit. Maybe I'm unusual :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    I'd defo message someone with that tagline. :D

Then message me biatch. :pac:

ladylost wrote: »
    So I am trying out OKC. Chatting with a few guys at the moment. There are a few guys who I would be interested in contacting and show as good matches but I see I'm outside their requested age bracket. Should I contact them anyway?

One bug bear I do have is a lot of guys I have seen have the age limit set so they are willing to go about 10 years younger and only 1 or 2 years older. I have +-10 year limit. Maybe I'm unusual :confused:

Sure what have you to lose? They'll either reply or not.
    Then message me biatch. :pac:

I'm off to search so.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Most of the messaging Im getting back are one liners back despite being chatty :confused: Only one engaging in conversation which is going grand but wont be meeting until after Xmas the time of year that is in it and another who for all the world appears to psychoanalysing me in depth and starting to scare me!
    Anyone recommend other sites? I have had two dates from POF all grand but dead ends?

Anyone want to give my profile the once over if ye have time for objective view?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I think if you are only getting one liners back despite making an effort yourself then the person/s you are messaging arent interested and are just trying to be polite.

I think if you are only getting one liners back despite making an effort yourself then the person/s you are messaging arent interested and are just trying to be polite.

That sir is very much what i was suspecting, thank you very much for your reply :)
    Any thoughts on the shrink?? Should I abandon that one politely? She seems nice and all and whilst I have nothing special to hide the interrogation is starting to feel "intense" !! New at this so I do appreciate the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

So I went on my first date (second time round) on Monday night. I thought it all went well, he seemed really nice and we chatted over tea for about two hours.

Now its Thursday and apart from the obligatory "I had a good night" text I haven't heard from him. :(

So I was about to ask is there any point in texting him but I just bit the bullet and did it! lol

Its not a good sign he hasn't got in touch but Iv nothing to loose.

Wish me luck!

on a separate note is texing not a word yet? Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have a date tonight! :eek::eek:

Currently doing the 'OMG what am I going to do?' dance :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

eilo1 wrote: »
    So I went on my first date (second time round) on Monday night. I thought it all went well, he seemed really nice and we chatted over tea for about two hours.

Now its Thursday and apart from the obligatory "I had a good night" text I haven't heard from him. :(

So I was about to ask is there any point in texting him but I just bit the bullet and did it! lol

Its not a good sign he hasn't got in touch but Iv nothing to loose.

Wish me luck!

on a separate note is texing not a word yet? Weird
    Texting is a word in my phones dictionary,where android isn't (its an android phone)

I think there's no harm in texting him. Casually asking him if he'd like to meet again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Totally gave up on online dating there for a while after a few dates where there was just no spark.

Decided to put my pic back up on POF last night, got chatting to a really sound (and very cute :o) guy and he asked me to go on date on the 23rd yay!

Somethings in the air again judging by all the dates lately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

For some of you maybe :P I don't even get replies any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Christmas magic :)

Christmas magic :)

bah humbug :pac:

Have been seeing a girl (from PoF) for last 4/5 weeks now and going strong, so guess that makes me a very happy smiley camper and also a spectator in this thread :D:D

:):D:pac:

Any comments on maybefriends?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm, is it too close to Xmas to start cruising dating sites again?

Aww man,what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Aww man,what happened?

Once again my narcissistic tendencies have betrayed me... I'm told.

Galvasean wrote: »

:(

Genuinely saddened to see this.

Onwards and upwards man.

• Advertisement

Ballbag.

Feck it man,these things happen.

My advice would be leave re-joining til after the Christmas.Eat,drink and be merry for a few weeks before signing up for more soul crushing rejection!

that shucks :(

Listen to wise Otis, leave it for few weeks, spend em on you and go get em in the new year ;) the weeks coming up to v day the sea is usually filled with eager fishies or so i heard :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

murhatchi wrote: »
    Any comments on maybefriends?

I tried it about two years ago and didn't like it much. The literacy levels seemed much worse there than on other sites, to the extent that my whole criteria for accepting dates became "can he spell?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Damn dude. Sorry to hear this.

Aw Galv thats a shame. Welcome back to the fold though x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sorry to hear that Galva, very surprised too :(

Just de-activated the profile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Ballbag
    No need for name calling now!

Had a date last night - not too bad (or so I thought) - having a good chat and a laugh etc - seemed very attentive. Then we were leaving we got up, put the coats on and headed to the door. He then said, Im going to use the loo so it was nice to meet you, chat again and off he went! I had to leave the pub and head off to find a taxi by myself!

Now is that weird or is it just me?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Weird, defo weird Dovies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Dovies wrote: »
    Had a date last night - not too bad (or so I thought) - having a good chat and a laugh etc - seemed very attentive. Then we were leaving we got up, put the coats on and headed to the door. He then said, Im going to use the loo so it was nice to meet you, chat again and off he went! I had to leave the pub and head off to find a taxi by myself!

Now is that weird or is it just me?? :confused:

Could he have had a dodgy tummy?

Did he make many loo trips during the date?

Bit bad if he left you looking for a taxi on your own! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement