Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

looking for calorie intake advice

Options
  • 31-10-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm 5 and half foot tall and weight 53kg. At first google I should be consuming 1200cals per day (which seems incredibly low to me)
    However i would like to start getting fit and have started bootcamp classes twice a week. What calories should I be consuming on these days and what type of foods make these up?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

kiwikid wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I'm 5 and half foot tall and weight 53kg. At first google I should be consuming 1200cals per day (which seems incredibly low to me)
    However i would like to start getting fit and have started bootcamp classes twice a week. What calories should I be consuming on these days and what type of foods make these up?

thanks

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Putting in some default figures gives me closer to 1400 of a BMR, which is the bare minimum your body needs to function. You'd need something like 1800 to maintain with an exercise level of 1-3 hours a week of light exercises, e.e. 2 bootcamp classes.

You don't need to worry hugely about eating more on the days you have bootcamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kiwikid

thanks! i like my food but am really trying to eat clean . . . 1800 sounds much batter!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you don't already use it, you should use MyFitnessPal to get a handle on what 1800 calories is and what it's like in terms of carb/protein/fat breakdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

http://simplesciencefitness.com/

You might get some helpful info there.

If you eat clean, your less likely to overeat.

cronometer.com

This is a good site to get an idea if your missing or over eating anything in your diet

Good luck

Advertisement