Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New releases to look forward to in 2015

Options
  • 31-12-2014 6:39pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For me the only ones I'm looking forward to right now are the news one from Airbourne and The Answer, and maybe Metallica if they decide to get off their holes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Steven Wilsons Hand.Cannot.Erase, out on 27th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2015 releases of the top of my head

Airbourne
    Faith No More
    Fear Factory
    Halestorm
    Iron Maiden (Possibly)
    Lamb Of God
    Metallica (Hopefully)
    Megadeth
    Motorhead
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Tremonti Project 2nd album
    Killswitch Engage (Think they have something in the works)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

New Jupiter definitely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I should've added Clutch to my list. Hopefully a Tool album too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mushy wrote: »
    Steven Wilsons Hand.Cannot.Erase, out on 27th February.

This ... 100%.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    2015 releases of the top of my head

Metallica
    Megadeth
    Motorhead
    Slayer
    Anthrax

Could be 1986 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Enslaved - In Times is released on March 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Periphery's double album is out on the 27th of this month.

Periphery's double album is out on the 27th of this month.

Oooh, yes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

More local, I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on Shardborne's first full length, Living Bridges. As far as I know it has been completed, so should be out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

A new Faith No More album would be the dream

A new Faith No More album would be the dream

It'll be released in April, according to this Rolling Stone article from September 2014 http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/faith-no-more-to-release-first-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Kataklysm are putting another out this year
    Saw Ghost say theyre working on a new album this year, can't remember if they said it will be released this year or not
    And not a proper album but Man Must Die are releasing a new ep which I'm really looking forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

New Nightwish album Endless Forms Most Beautiful with new singer Floor Jansen, out at the end of March. First single Élan out in February. This is my own personal big deal.

nightwish-endless-forms-most-beautiful.jpg?x=666

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

The new Tool album has to drop this year surely?

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    The new Tool album has to drop this year surely?

You'd think so, but it's Tool, you'd never really know.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tool should be banned form this thread unless there's an actual release date announced :pac:

Steve Wilson is the big one for me.

Blind guardian will be releasing their new album Beyond The Red Mirror, though I'm a little pessimistic about it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Must be a pain being a Tool fan and waiting so many x amount of years for a new album to drop. I think they only reason the album is taking so long is because they're caught up in the middle of a lawsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Must be a pain being a Tool fan and waiting so many x amount of years for a new album to drop. I think they only reason the album is taking so long is because they're caught up in the middle of a lawsuit.

whats the lawsuit for ?

s8n wrote: »
    whats the lawsuit for ?

http://loudwire.com/tool-guitarist-adam-jones-album-update-talks-lawsuit-frustrations/
    Basically a long time ago, the band paid my best friend to do some artwork for shirts, albums and advertising — we’ve hired many, many artists over the years. And then he decided to sue us for one fifth of the money we’ve ever made. It was just ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Cant wait for Sylosis new album, Jan 12th, i am over in London the night it launches and managed to get a ticket to the launch party gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

New Uneven Structure album should be out sometime this year, god knows when though. :o

Their last album, Februus, was absolutely fantastic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Sigh- Graveward. Mirai said on FB its their most layered album yet - Excira!

Also Enslaved, FNM, Arcturus, Borknagar, Paradise Lost and of course Steven Wilson.

On mentioning SW, did anyone checkout Gazpacho's Demon album, listening on constant at the minute,beautiful album.

Testaments label Nuclear Blast have confirmed there will be a follow up to Dark Roots Of Earth released this year.

New Jupiter album has been shipped! This should be savage, great start to the year! ;)

Though I've so much new music right now it's hard to take it all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Looks like Ahab are well into their new album, so should see that before the end of the year.

Nea wrote: »
    On mentioning SW, did anyone checkout Gazpacho's Demon album, listening on constant at the minute,beautiful album.

Just gave the 18min "Death Room" a listen ... will have to explore more ... thanks :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looks like Ahab are well into their new album, so should see that before the end of the year.

Nice one! Forgot they were due a release.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Mattyz69 wrote: »
    Cant wait for Sylosis new album, Jan 12th, i am over in London the night it launches and managed to get a ticket to the launch party gig!

It's on Spotify now. I'm giving it one listen before I buy it on Monday.... It's unreal. Highlights are Victims and Pawns, Quiescent, Mercy and Servitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Faith No More and Iron Maiden for me (and Steve Earle in the non-rock world).

Advertisement