Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to get gigs in Galway. (Rap)

• 15-11-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I'm a Rapper/Entertainer in Galway. I go by the stage name Crazed. I'm just wondering if anybody has any advice on getting gigs around Galway. I have a fan base that could fill a room so that's not a problem. I have had two gigs upstairs in the Roisin Dubh but I want to try a different venue. There's no chance of me getting a support slot for anybody as I'm very different to other artists. I tend to clash. I perform at the open mic in the Roisin Dubh every Sunday which is another reason I want to try a different venue. No dis-respect to the Roisin as its a lovely place.
    I think a majority of venues prefer bands, acoustic guitar players or Irish music. I'm just wondering if you know anywhere I could contact for a gig. I'm recording an album at the moment so it would be great promotion to get a good place where I can reach a different audience.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

College bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CrazedGalway

College bar?

I suppose I could give it a go. Not an NUI student so it didn't cross my mind lol
    Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Maybe Kelly's upstairs? Could be the kind of thing you might have to promote yourself but it's a decent venue

john.han wrote: »
    Maybe Kelly's upstairs? Could be the kind of thing you might have to promote yourself but it's a decent venue

Heard they're selling it :(

john.han wrote: »

Heard they're selling it :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement