Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Lawnmower thread

Options
  • 17-09-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Sorry if this is a bit of a rehash. The aul mans birthday is coming up, and while this may seem like a pretty crap gift, from his POV it would be perfect. We currently have a Lawn Chief 2-stroke(IIRC) mower that is ancient. It functions, but barely. The wheels are worn to bits where they meet the axles an the hight adjusters are fecked, as is the spark plug, accelerator, and many other parts, only good bit left is the blade.

Thing is I'm a student, and on a students budget. I hope to get the stingy little brother to chip in so the projected budget is €150. For that I'm looking to get another petrol the preferably isnt shít. Neighbours have a little alu yoke and if all I can get is that kind of spec, then I wont bother(He's big into his DIY, some micky mouse thing wouldnt appeal to him at all).

Any suggestions? I can get to Homebase and Woodies rather easily, and B&Q if needs be, or McQuilans.

Thanks,
    LB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

hi
    to be honest anything you buy lawnmower wise in the big stores are rubbish,silly bits will break off for no reason and getting parts through the store is a major pain
    if you want a decent mower you'll have to up your budget,failing that you could always buy a decent 2nd hand yoke of adverts.ie or donedeal
    some good bargains to be had

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Avoid BnQ unbranded stuff,its made in china and parts can be very hard to get.

That came from a BnQ employee who told me to go for 1 of the better known brands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have an old Flymo leccy lawnmower,its 12 years old now, and its never missed a beat.And Ive given it a very tough time indeed over those years.

Great bit of kit.

Advertisement