Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Is application with all OPI polishes messy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    I don't have that problem with my OPI polishes.

I have 'That's Berry Daring' and 'Vodka and Caviar', I've never used any other OPI polishes so can't say if there are other's that have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I hope that they aren't like that because I've just ordered the katy perry mini collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I hope that they aren't like that because I've just ordered the katy perry mini collection.
    cant wait to see the pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I think it's just that particular colour. I have 2 other OPI polishes and have no problems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Twee. wrote: »
    My most expensive manicure here yet ($13) and also the worst. Few specks of polish on my skin by the nail and didn't do cuticles properly. Shall not be back there!

But I LOVE the colour! It's Essie Cote Azure. Picture is of the good hand :pac:

nailz.jpg
    I saw that colour last time I was in the salon getting my nails done. It's gorgeous! It's definitely my next manicure colour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

No - I think it changes colour to colour
    Most of the ones I've tried have been fine

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Orlee wrote: »
    Just came accross Catrice today so bought a few
    Tried Drity Berry first - it has a lovely shimmer, it might be my new favourite

Catrice%252520420%252520Dirty%252520Berry.jpg
    Where did you buy this? I haven't seen anywhere neat me that stocks Catrice.. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

....just trying out my freebie OMP! now

nails-2.jpg

Where did you buy this? I haven't seen anywhere neat me that stocks Catrice.. Thanks :-)

It's weird ... I just started a thred today asking where people get different brands and then came across Catrise by fluke! I got it in McCabes pharmacy in Dundurm Town Centre

• Advertisement

My updated collection :o

nailpolishlot1.jpg

Top Row:

The Colour Club – Gimme A Grape Big Kiss, Illamasqua top coat & Illamasqua base coat, BarryM base coat, BarryM Navy, Esteé Lauder Fuschia, BarryM, Vivid Purple, BarryM Indigo, BarryM Black, 17 Supreme Shine Wicked, 17 Supreme Shine Risky Red, 17 Nail Strengthen, Sally Hansen Radient Rose, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth, Sally Hansen Diamond Shine, Sally Hansen Miracle Growth.

Middle Row:

Chanel: Fire, Pirate, Lotus Rouge, Paparazzi, Rose Paradise, Nails Inc Malibu Mojito, Mali Blush, Harriet Walk, Victoria & Albert, Warwick Avenue, Shade 238, Manchester Square, OPI That’s Berry Daring, Vodka and Caviar, China Glaze It’s Poppin’, First Class Ticket.

Third Row:

Sally Hansen, shimmery cream colour, Essence Love Of Pink, Rimmel Sandalwood, Essence Let’s Get Lost, Eyeko Coral Polish For Resort Nails, Essence Cool and The Gang, Essence Red-y To Go, Essence What Do U Think?, Rimmel Misty Jade, Miss Sport French manicure cream colour, Natural Collection Cosmic Crush.

That Barry M Navy looks gorgeous. It's going on my shopping list!

My updated collection :o

Top Row:

The Colour Club – Gimme A Grape Big Kiss, Illamasqua top coat & Illamasqua base coat, BarryM base coat, BarryM Navy, Esteé Lauder Fuschia, BarryM, Vivid Purple, BarryM Indigo, BarryM Black, 17 Supreme Shine Wicked, 17 Supreme Shine Risky Red, 17 Nail Strengthen, Sally Hansen Radient Rose, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth, Sally Hansen Diamond Shine, Sally Hansen Miracle Growth.

Middle Row:

Chanel: Fire, Pirate, Lotus Rouge, Paparazzi, Rose Paradise, Nails Inc Malibu Mojito, Mali Blush, Harriet Walk, Victoria & Albert, Warwick Avenue, Shade 238, Manchester Square, OPI That’s Berry Daring, Vodka and Caviar, China Glaze It’s Poppin’, First Class Ticket.

Third Row:

Sally Hansen, shimmery cream colour, Essence Love Of Pink, Rimmel Sandalwood, Essence Let’s Get Lost, Eyeko Coral Polish For Resort Nails, Essence Cool and The Gang, Essence Red-y To Go, Essence What Do U Think?, Rimmel Misty Jade, Miss Sport French manicure cream colour, Natural Collection Cosmic Crush.
    thanks for putting the names on them!:D
    if anyone is uploading their nail polish collections could you please try and put the names on. saves time having to google the colours or pestering the owner for the name :p

musical.x wrote: »
    thanks for putting the names on them!:D
    if anyone is uploading their nail polish collections could you please try and put the names on. saves time having to google the colours or pestering the owner for the name :p

Good idea ... just updated mine:)

Today I'm wearing GOSH Miss Grey - It's a nice dark grey and it went on well but it's feeling a little dark and drab on such a nice day!

IMAG0396.jpg

Orlee wrote: »
    Good idea ... just updated mine:)

Today I'm wearing GOSH Miss Grey - It's a nice dark grey and it went on well but it's feeling a little dark and drab on such a nice day!
    thanks Orlee! :)
    your nails are fab btw :eek: ! jealous :D

Please excuse all the photos. I couldn't fit everything in one shot so decided to group them together by brand :o

Nails Inc set:
    5900349569_ba9e04c39c_m.jpg
    Back row: Elizabeth St, Oxford Circus, Bruton St, Orchid St, Saville Row, Victoria, Monmouth St
    Front row: Tate, The Hurlingham, Orange St, Sun St, Lime St, Stable Market, Phoenix St, Belgrave Place

Nails Inc individual bottles:
    5900348953_f01fca5809_m.jpg
    Knightsbridge, Wimpole St, Elizabeth St, Black Taxi, Jermyn St, The Thames, Caviar with Glitter

Butter London:
    5900348981_3b8db79184_m.jpg
    Branwen's Feather, Snog, Westend Wonderland

Essie:
    5900348825_4c02bea953_m.jpg
    Luscious Lips, Lovie Dovie, Chinchilly, Aruba Blue

Barry M:
    5900914940_f3a9d140e4_m.jpg
    Fuchsia, Pink Flamingo, Mint Green

OPI:
    5900348627_1c7741113f_m.jpg
    Lincoln Park After Dark, Skull & Glossbones, Steady As She Rose, Only Gold For Me (Sephora by OPI)

Models Own:
    5900915886_4268af1f2f_m.jpg
    Disco Mix, Juicy Jules, Bubblegum Pink

Please excuse all the photos. I couldn't fit everything in one shot so decided to group them together by brand :o

Nails Inc set:
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6016/5900349569_ba9e04c39c_m.jpg

Back row: Elizabeth St, Oxford Circus, Bruton St, Orchid St, Saville Row, Victoria, Monmouth St
    Front row: Tate, The Hurlingham, Orange St, Sun St, Lime St, Stable Market, Phoenix St, Belgrave Place

Can I ask where you got that set? I'd love to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Nails Inc in Jermyn Street with accent nail done with a gold nails inc colour

nails.jpg

got the nail varnish from fabulous today. they are grand like i'm glad they were free. if i paid the normal nails inc. price i would have been fairly annoyed.
    the formula is ok. it does take a fair while to dry. dissapointed :(

this evening I'm wearing

Catrice - I Sea You
    IMAG0399.jpg

With OPI Shatter
    IMAG0403.jpg

And top coat
    IMAG0409.jpg

I'm pretty sure my skin is going to start to suffer soon if I keep changing my varnish every day!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Photo267.jpg

Orange Bliss, by Rimmel.

(Wow, awkward fingers!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loving all the grey shades on the last few pages! I only packed two bottles of nail polish, I best go buy some :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

ELF Mango Madness with Nails Inc top coat: (without flash, thank god for sunny days!)
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=r07hw.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ciarabarry

Essence french glam with red, black and white from ebay (those special nail art varnishes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

that looks amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I posted earlier that I don't understand shatter nail polishes, but I tried the Barry M one in Boots the other day and now I love them! I'm picking some up next week :pac:

I'll probably be posting some pics of my sad, stubby nails earlier because I got a gorgeous grey polish yesterday and I really want to show it off

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

I love shatter nail polishes especially if your nail polish is a few days old and a bit chipped, you can get a new lease of life from you polish by using a shatter polish over the old polish......is that a sin....:D....I dont know but I like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's actually genius!

This is my polish of the day...love it...

17 in orange soda,,sorry quality of pics not great!!:rolleyes:

ry%3D400
    And this is my lates purchase from Pennies Glo Baby Glo, ine 001
    I have not tried it yet.....
    ry%3D400

• Advertisement

I love collection pics, I must try and do one!!

And I love seeing how people store their nail polishes!!

Advertisement