Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubln - Tralee routes

• 07-11-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to get to Tralee tomorrow morning by 11.30am. I'm in Dublin and reliant on public transport. Irish Rail seems mad - travel to Cork then another train, total travel time 6 hours and I wouldn't get there till it's long over. Buses pretty much the same, to Limerick and then Tralee and again it'd be long over.

Any private bus companies doing a direct route? I couldn't find any on google :(

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

It takes 4 hours for the train from Dublin to Tralee you change in Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1

07.00 ex Heuston to arrive at 10.55?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Hi, I need to get to Tralee tomorrow morning by 11.30am. I'm in Dublin and reliant on public transport. Irish Rail seems mad - travel to Cork then another train, total travel time 6 hours and I wouldn't get there till it's long over. Buses pretty much the same, to Limerick and then Tralee and again it'd be long over.

Any private bus companies doing a direct route? I couldn't find any on google :(

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Or alternatively 7.30 flight from Farranfore, arriving at 8.30am. You'll be in the city centre around 9ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Bazza is right - 0700 train, changing in Mallow, will get you to Tralee in time but if you have to travel a distance from the station you might need to book a taxi in advance. If you're in the town centre there should be plenty of time to walk to most places.

Advertisement