Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Singapore for a day.....

Options
  • 18-10-2014 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hey,
    I have a stopover in Singapore for a day. Can anyone recommend anything productive to do?

it's just a quick stop, but I want to go to the city, see some sights......

any feedback is greatly appreciated :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

take one of the river tours. Try the street food, (some of the food courts are an experience also, with a central seated area and dozens of independent sellers) then escape into somewhere with air con!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Changi Airport do free tours for transit passengers. My recommendation would be to grab a few hours sleep in the transit hotel and then do the free tour.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/free-singapore-tour

Then back to the airport and check out the butterfly gardens, the cactus gardens, the rooftop pool, the koi ponds, the cinema...Changi airport is an experience in itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Irishguy16 wrote: »
    hey,
    I have a stopover in Singapore for a day. Can anyone recommend anything productive to do?

it's just a quick stop, but I want to go to the city, see some sights......

any feedback is greatly appreciated :-)

Try sentosa island, cable car ride over and lots of fun things to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentosa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Sentosa. Singapore Sling in Raffle's (colonial quarter). That's all I know. Last time I was there was 4 years-old.

Advertisement