Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visit the White House

• 11-11-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,

My partner and I will be visiting Washington D.C in January 2014 and would very much like to go on a tour of the White House. I have contacted the Irish Embassy in Washington and they say that I must be a part of a group of 10 to make a request.

I am looking for Irish people who might be in Washington on the 13th/14th of January so that I might make an application on all of our behalf.

Any information on where I might find people or is anyone interested??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mod : Copied to United States Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 27 myluck

HI can you let me know what way this worked out for u as my n my hubbie r going in Sept and we also wanted to visit the WH :) Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fblawns

Hi there!

Well I'm happy to tell you we did (finally) make it inside the White House to do the tour! As I said before, the Irish Embassy were no help. I got in contact with an Irish Americans in Washington club who put me in contact with the office for the senator of Maryland who sorted us out in the end.

I'm going to PM you so that I can send you the forms and the email address for the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Hi, could you PM me the info as well please. We're going the US in July/August and will be travelling through east coast, would be great to visit the White House!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Venicedreamer

Hi Eileen
    We are also planning to visit the White House in July. Would you be able to forward on the details to me also.
    Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Hi Eileen!
    Me too please! Had hit a bit of a brick wall and had just about given up! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brasswhale82

Fblawns wrote: »
    Hi there!

Well I'm happy to tell you we did (finally) make it inside the White House to do the tour! As I said before, the Irish Embassy were no help. I got in contact with an Irish Americans in Washington club who put me in contact with the office for the senator of Maryland who sorted us out in the end.

I'm going to PM you so that I can send you the forms and the email address for the office!

Please please PM me the email address and forms. I am going in November and it would be a dream come true if I could find the right way to apply for a visit to the white house.

Can anyone let me know if the office got back to them I sent the email to them and no one has replied we are going in 3 weeks getting worried??

myluck wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know if the office got back to them I sent the email to them and no one has replied we are going in 3 weeks getting worried??

I have tried everyway imaginable with no success. It is next to impossible to get inside the white house if you are from a different country.

Brasswhale82 did u email the sentens office?? I emailed but got no reply yet

• Advertisement

Brasswhale82 did u email the sentens office?? I emailed but got no reply yet

I did and they told me to contact the Irish embassy. That they are the only ones who could help and they where no help at all. They told me I needed ten people to do a tour. I promise you I have tried everything with no success. There is one final way I might get in but it's a long shot. I was told by the senator of Marland that certain days you can stand in line outside early morning and you might get in that way. But I can't find where the date's are for that.

that's crap well if I find out a way I will let u know we are heading in 3 weeks so its not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Did people try the office of the Senator in Massachusetts as the Kennedy-clan could NOT have done anymore for the Irish than they did through the years? Was that an option used in the past for people I wonder.

Another option would be to contact the Irish Embassy in the USA, in Massachusetts, details here.

Are any of the Embassies or Offices getting back to anyone?

Hope that helps someone,
    kerry4sam

Hi Kerry4Sam

Congrats on the Sam lol Well done

Yes the sentants office got back to me and said the tour is for USA ppl only we are going in 2 weeks for our honeymoon and only put washington on our trip to visit the WH so we are very dispointed we did not get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭MickH503

Hi Kerry4Sam

Congrats on the Sam lol Well done

Yes the sentants office got back to me and said the tour is for USA ppl only we are going in 2 weeks for our honeymoon and only put washington on our trip to visit the WH so we are very dispointed we did not get tickets
    There is still a lot to see in DC though if you're still going. Talk a walk around all the monuments - Lincoln, Jefferson, Vietnam, Korean War etc. It doesn't sound like much, but I found them really interesting. Also, there are a lot of different museums under the Smithsonian Museum umbrella - and I think all are still free to enter. Also, although not free, the International Spy Museum was a bit of fun to see! There is a hop on/hop off trolley bus tour of the city that is pretty good too.

Advertisement