Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yaktrax Pro Traction Ice & Snow Footwear Device

• 07-10-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Was going to get a pair of these well reviewed ice grips for a while now and just found that you can get a further 20% off (until the 16/10/2011) your order making these fantastic value! £15.95 ex shipping.

Yaktrax Pro Traction Device & Size Chart

Use the code "AUTUMN20" at the checkout to save £4 !

Remember if you spend over £25 you can get free shipping from Amazon.co.uk :pac:

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,526 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Already posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

CombatCow wrote: »

Remember if you spend over £25 you can get free shipping from Amazon.co.uk :pac:

CC
    Only if the item is supplied by Amazon themselves - doesn't apply to this supplier unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Amazon.co.uk are selling these directly.....

In stock.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

€12.95 delivered from here:> http://www.dolideals.ie/team.php?id=119

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Davy wrote: »

Not yaktrax's though so can't compare prices.

I got 2 pairs from Cabelas for €14 a pair. Was getting other stuff too so was $20 shipping on all of it but still cheaper than here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

niallam wrote: »
    Not yaktrax's though so can't compare prices.

I got 2 pairs from Cabelas for €14 a pair. Was getting other stuff too so was $20 shipping on all of it but still cheaper than here :)

Have you a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw almost identical ones in a filling station for €10 a pair-it was Kelly's in New Ross.I think they're a Maxol garage so maybe the offer is nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Don't know why we have ended up with 2 threads on the same type of product, perhaps they can be merged?

But I think that the best value seems to be these (OP Mollywolly) Wintertrax which QVC are selling they are very similar to the Yaktrax pro, you have to buy 2 pairs but they workout at approx. €14 delivered per pair.

If you look on ebay you may find them as well and Asda have stocked them at £9 a pair in the past.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

zerks wrote: »
    Saw almost identical ones in a filling station for €10 a pair-it was Kelly's in New Ross
    Do-more wrote: »
    Don't know why we have ended up with 2 threads on the same type of product, perhaps they can be merged?

But I think that the best value seems to be these (OP Mollywolly) Wintertrax which QVC are selling they are very similar to the Yaktrax pro, you have to buy 2 pairs but they workout at approx. €14 delivered per pair.

those are all inferior versions, so no point in mking comparison imo

• Advertisement

those are all inferior versions, so no point in mking comparison imo

wintertrax are made by yaktrax.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F03483.desc.YakTrax-Set-of-2-Ultra-Light-WinterTrax-Snow-and-Ice-Sets?&cookie=set

most reviews seem to say that they are very similar to yaktrax pro as they have the additional strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Wintertrax seem to be "One size fits all" - that usually doesnt cover size 12's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

glasso wrote: »
    wintertrax are made by yaktrax.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F03483.desc.YakTrax-Set-of-2-Ultra-Light-WinterTrax-Snow-and-Ice-Sets?&cookie=set

most reviews seem to say that they are very similar to yaktrax pro as they have the additional strap.

so, lets say Heinz make Dunnes own brand beans, does that make them as good? no, because it's still not the same product.

so, lets say Heinz make Dunnes own brand beans, does that make them as good? no, because it's still not the same product.

reviews are positive from what I see. re your beans analogy there are tesco beans that are nicer than heinz beans. so what does that mean....?
    the products going through qvc are not bad, it's a different distribution channel for them (Yaktrax) to sell their products, where they get additional sales, but hope not to eat into their premium market.

apt username too :)

Wintertrax seem to be "One size fits all" - that usually doesnt cover size 12's.

could be right there. I'm size 9 so going to give them a shot..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

could be right there. I'm size 9 so going to give them a shot..

9 is about average so should be good for you. Wife is 7's and I am 12's so not sure one size would fit both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I'll let you know what the Wintertrax from QVC are like when they arrive. I've got them on order so should be here this week.

the main difference seems to be that they are one size and from what I can see there is a bit more of wire gripping stuff on the walker and pro versions (the pattern of the wire stuff is different). other than that they seem pretty similar.

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I'll let you know what the Wintertrax from QVC are like when they arrive. I've got them on order so should be here this week.

how will you know if they're any good until you test them in snow / ice :)

hopefully will be better than RTE ice guy's shoes.....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the main difference seems to be that they are one size and from what I can see there is a bit more of wire gripping stuff on the walker and pro versions (the pattern of the wire stuff is different). other than that they seem pretty similar.

From yaktrax uk website
    What's the difference between your products and those sold by QVC?

QVC sell a product also made by the US company Yaktrax, called WinterTrax. These are a cheaper version which claim to fit a wide range of sizes. WinterTrax are easy to distinguish from Walker and Pro. See As Seen on TV's US site for a clear image of WinterTrax on the sole of a shoe.
    https://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=295522&product=winter-trax

Yaktrax Walker and Yaktrax Pro have three distinct crosses of coils. One on the sole, one on the instep and another on the heel.

We do not stock Yaktrax WinterTrax as they are considered inferior in quality to Yaktrax Walker and Yaktrax Pro.

Would say the winter trax would work ok, but the yak trax for a little extra seems much better value.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    From yaktrax uk website

Would say the winter trax would work ok, but the yak trax for a little extra seems much better value.

As they quote goes...

"well they would say that, wouldn't they"

seeing as they are not selling it! not sure if the extra crossover will make all that much difference. time will tell.

Advertisement