Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

studying while on benefits

• 15-04-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I just told my local office I was doing a conversion course, I thought I qualified to take.

Was told I wasn't, cos not nine months unemployed. Been cut off!

Can't speak with anyone cos the case manager is away for two weeks!

What now? Anyone here give some insight or advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

LunarSFX wrote: »
    I just told my local office I was doing a conversion course, I thought I qualified to take.

Was told I wasn't, cos not nine months unemployed. Been cut off!

Can't speak with anyone cos the case manager is away for two weeks!

What now? Anyone here give some insight or advice.

You have to be available for work to get a Job seekers payment. If your at school your not available for work.
    You only quality for BTEA if you've been unemployed and on Job seekers for 9 months. Un less you were made redundant?
    If you can't manage without the SW you will have to drop out.

Advertisement