Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV to Laptop

• 09-10-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

I recently moved to paris,student, and I got my internet up and running. A Tv box was included in the internet deal, It's just like an NTL decoder box at home.

Problem is i dont have a TV, but i do have a good laptop and a USB DVB-T tuner.

The tuner works fine if I just run it directly from the antenna socket from the wall. But the box will give me extra channels so id like to run it through that.

The box has 2 scart ouputs, video/audio coloured outputs, hdmi out, RF in and RFout.

My laptop has usb ports, eSata port, i.Link/firewire port, and display port.

If I had a tv i'd just connect using the scart, but my laptop has no scart input. I tried running another coaxial cable from the RFout into my usb adaptor. This works but I'm not getting the extra channels or control of the box, it's just routing the signal in and out. Could this be just due to the software that i'm using? any idea's of aomething that mights work?

Otherwise anyone know if there such a thing as a cable with a scart output and usb input or something like that.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Cathal

Advertisement