Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2004 CAR WITH 6 OWNERS ALOT?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi
    Ive been looking for a nice 4x4 for awhile and i came across http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1092127. the only thing is it has 6 owners and no doe test, should i be concerned?:confused:. i looked it up on cartell.ie and it was never written off etc. etc. but it did say it has 6 owners. any advice, should i buy it or not? anyone have a isuzu dmax? are they reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

If its six owners yes it sounds dodgey to me for a car of that age and no doe....The add is not very appealing either imo the person did not even give there name.

Edit: sorry misread op post there for a moment.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I edited your post to hyperlink that ad.
    It seems like a lot to me, and i'd be worried about it not having a DOE test. And on top of all that it looks awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rorysllvn

I edited your post to hyperlink that ad.
    It seems like a lot to me, and i'd be worried about it not having a DOE test. And on top of all that it looks awful!
    thanks. I was talking to the man on the phone about the jeep but didn't get very far because he was polish with bad english. I don't want to get it without being sure its not a heap of **** because its alot of money to be throwing away if its no good. I think it looks great!! :D. If i got a mechanic to check it over do you think it would be much help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I wonder is there a bad smell in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Hey

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. In my experience any ad with lots of CAPITALS and loads of exclamation marks and silly statements like "no stupid offers" spells trouble.

If it were me I would steer clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rorysllvn

johnc24 wrote: »
    Hey

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. In my experience any ad with lots of CAPITALS and loads of exclamation marks and silly statements like "no stupid offers" spells trouble.

If it were me I would steer clear.
    hmmm...i guess it does sound a bit dodgy alright i guess i may keep looking so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

6 owners says there are a good few problems that owners would rather shift the car than fix. I had a 2004 Rx-8 once the same, full of gremlins so shifted it 5 months after I bought it. Last time I looked it had 7 owners, I was the second.

Advertisement