Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop Trouble - Startup Failure

Options
  • 10-10-2008 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hello,

I hope someone can help.

My dell vostro 1000 will not startup. Here is what has been happening:

1) it willl go as far as login screen but i cannot enter password and seconds later the screeen goes blue with some coloured lines at top then freezes there so i restart.

2) screen will go black on startup and just stay frozen

3) it will give me option to do startup repair and when i select this it starts to do this and then a window pops up asking me do i want to do system restore but i cannot move the mouse to click ok and the keyboard no longer works. if i just wait hear a message pops up eventally about a hardware error and to contact provider

4) if i go into bios screen to try and select boot from disc, when i go over to BOOT the screen will go black with just "parity check 20000" on it

i've googled this a bit and it seems to be something to with RAM ? other things i've read suggested maybe it's a virus? has anyone had similiar problems and resolved them? the laptop is about 11 months old i think so maybe under warranty? or is there is a simple fix?

any help much appreciated!!

Advertisement