Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

swiftman wrote: »
    really :cool: i think she's very very good looking and funny. feel free to prove it via PM so the other posters wont know :-P

Feel free to prove you look like Nathan!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Looks like Berni might be pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

I am probably in the minority but I really want Roise and Cathal to be together. I know they will drag it out for ages a la last night but its getting frustrating now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I could be wrong, but I think the actor playing Tomas is the original Evan

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ah i cant stand roise, how stupid can one actor 'act'?

no customs would stop where cars can see them and turn away.

come on; where is the hot garda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Anyone know what happens to Berni?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Bad bob

Ah I know, but they're all just annoying me now! :P

I bet he dumps Roise and marries Berni.

swiftman wrote: »
    ah i cant stand roise, how stupid can one actor 'act'?

no customs would stop where cars can see them and turn away.

come on; where is the hot garda

Yeah, the new Garda is a hottie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Bad bob wrote: »
    Yeah, the new Garda is a hottie!!!
    Not much of an actor though .

I can't decide if the new Garda is a bad actress or if the character's meant to be that wooden! Time will tell, I guess!

Nah, she's definitely good. She's very funny with David.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i think she is playing the 'by the book stern faced garda',

and i like her, i think she adds a touch of humour and to be fair i can see her
    and David hooking up eventually
    :D

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens to Berni?

I don't know,at first I thought she was pregnant, but with the MRSA infection, and the last episode it looks really grim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭JBTM

I don't know,at first I thought she was pregnant, but with the MRSA infection, and the last episode it looks really grim.

If it turns out she's pregnant, my money is on Séamus being the Father. Definetly something going on there imo.

JBTM wrote: »
    If it turns out she's pregnant, my money is on Séamus being the Father. Definetly something going on there imo.

:)Imagine Seamus as a dad hee hee. Yeah there is something going on and it's not good.

:)Imagine Seamus as a dad hee hee. Yeah there is something going on and it's not good.

He would have the child down the pub 24 7 ag ól pionta tar éis pionta!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Seamus is a dad and a grandfather to Teresa in Athlone.
    He had a kid with Sarah's sister and he didn't know about it. The kid was adopted and he only found out in Season 4 I think (the one they just showed).

I remember she came back into it later, well the grandson. There was something about it, that the kid was pretending to be the grandson and Seasmus knew but wanted to help the young fella out. Think they went fishing a lot.

wyrn wrote: »
    Seamus is a dad and a grandfather to Teresa in Athlone.
    He had a kid with Sarah's sister and he didn't know about it. The kid was adopted and he only found out in Season 4 I think (the one they just showed).

I remember she came back into it later, well the grandson. There was something about it, that the kid was pretending to be the grandson and Seasmus knew but wanted to help the young fella out. Think they went fishing a lot.

Séamus is getting around the scut!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I really didn't like last season. Everything was dragged out.
    I really miss some of the big characters, especially Daniel. He used to drive me mad, but Daniel fighting with Tadhg was great. There's no one left anymore who is a match for him. Loved it when they teamed up together against O'Dowd.

Things I can see dragging on:
    - Berni/Roise/Cathal
    - Jasons illness
    - Jason and Lee
    - Alanna and David

The only interesting thing so far of the season was Sarah at the home. It was hilarious.

wyrn wrote: »
    I really didn't like last season. Everything was dragged out.
    I really miss some of the big characters, especially Daniel. He used to drive me mad, but Daniel fighting with Tadhg was great. There's no one left anymore who is a match for him. Loved it when they teamed up together against O'Dowd.

Things I can see dragging on:
    - Berni/Roise/Cathal
    - Jasons illness
    - Jason and Lee
    - Alanna and David

The only interesting thing so far of the season was Sarah at the home. It was hilarious.

Séamus would bury them all and celebrate with a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Has anybody else noticed how poor ros na run has become? I was looking at an old episode from the 90's a few months back and the acting etc was far far better than it is now.

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed how poor ros na run has become? I was looking at an old episode from the 90's a few months back and the acting etc was far far better than it is now.

Sèamus was in it back then too, it's only himself keeping the show going imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

JBTM wrote: »
    Sèamus was in it back then too, it's only himself keeping the show going imo.
    Seamus was always a great actor/character in ros na run but back then so was many others. Today though there are very few on it can act imo. The story lines are also gone down hill Imo.

Seamus was always a great actor/character in ros na run but back then so was many others. Today though there are very few on it can act imo. The story lines are also gone down hill Imo.

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

That new Garda would be what the kids today call a "hardass" :pac:

RikkFlair wrote: »
    That new Garda would be what the kids today call a "hardass" :pac:

Or a prick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

:)Imagine Seamus as a dad hee hee.

he is a dad! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Definitely agree with you there. The episodes from 2006/7 are on You Tube at the moment (all the ones with O' Dowd, Riona, Tina and Daniel) and they're so much better. They should never have killed off O' Dowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

branie wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I think the actor playing Tomas is the original Evan

Just watching the Ollchlar and came on to ask the same question. I'm sure Tomas was Evan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dailyface

Karen23 wrote: »
    Just watching the Ollchlar and came on to ask the same question. I'm sure Tomas was Evan.

Ya i was thinking the same thing, I wonder why they decided to replace him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I think they may have wanted to mature the character probably for the pregnancy/abortion storyline with Niamh. The original Evan would have been too babyish I presume to be believable.

Advertisement