Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Reviews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

gazzer wrote:
    Im also a member of the NAC (since Nov 05) and i think it is a great spot.. I havnt done any of the classes yet but there are plenty of them and nearly all of them are included in the membership.. The only gripe i would have with the place is that they only have the one squat rack and sometimes you can be waiting ages to use it..

Ye your rite bout the squat rack and i find they only have 1 bench you can set the incline on.

My biggest grip is the roid heads who use the weights and dont put them back :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

gazzer wrote:
    Im also a member of the NAC (since Nov 05) and i think it is a great spot.. I havnt done any of the classes yet but there are plenty of them and nearly all of them are included in the membership.. The only gripe i would have with the place is that they only have the one squat rack and sometimes you can be waiting ages to use it..

Ye your rite bout the squat rack and i find they only have 1 bench you can set the incline on.

My biggest gripe is the roid heads who use the weights and dont put them back :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Gym in Mount Pleasant Tennis Club

I really like this gym, probably because I'm usually the only one in it. Sometimes there might be 1 or 2 others at most. For such a small gym it has 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, a rower, and all the necessary weight machines and free weights you would need. A nice cold water tap, a tv and a hi-fi system make it all the worthwhile. Its 70 euro for the year but you gotta be a member of the tennis club too. and don't tell anyone about it, its my little secret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

kwalsh000 wrote:
    Theres also that new northwood gym just up from aldi in ballymun/santry. From what ive heard and seen it looks decent..but at 500 a year..either way, if your bored no harm in taking a wander up there. Also santry stadium has a mini gym..just free weights there..not really that busy..none of this cardio machine lark so you if your from the area no harm in checking it out.

whats the one in santry like weightwise?
    Also doesn't the gym in morton belong to clonliffe harriers? Or can you join anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Ah the northwood one seemed okay, but i have n ot been in it since it opened..was only in it before it was finished fully. But from what ive heard its good weight wise..
    The one in santry stadium is open to everyone as far as i know, i was going to start using it so enquired and for a form to fill out. So its not limited to members only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm in west park in Tallaght. I think its a fantastic gym, brand new purpose built building so very bright, spacious and airy with a huge amount of equipment. Even at peak times it doesn't look anywhere near full!

Instructors are bang on which is a big difference to the last time I was a member there when it was above the leisure plex. So many of them then were so far up their own a$$.

Only down side and im nit picking here, the spinning room gets seriously hot, even with air con on. they could do with putting another two conditioners in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 viper c

Think you are beena bit harsh on JSF, i am a member of the club in greystones and iot is great, huge gym and really helpful staff, have to say i love it. I was a member of the Carlisle gym and hated it, they are cheap but the club is crap......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ah the one post wonder who comes on to defend their gym and also takes the oppurtunity to slag of their direct competition.

honestly, doesnt look suspicious at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

jsb wrote:
    no, why do you think i don't like the DCU gym:D :D oh i miss the old DCU gym it was small and smelled of sweat but man it so much better

Aint that the truth. I go to DCU and I couldnt believe it when I went to join up and found out that the 'elite' gym was off limits. Ken Robinson's an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I'm in Westwood Clontarf and find it pretty good. It's 70 euro a month normally but as I'm in Clontarf rugby club I only pay 50 a month.
    There's plenty of machines and free weights so you never realy have to wait around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Frederick

I go to the UL gym, and its great!!
    Totally agree with rpggamer, the free weights section is class, but no reverse hyper thing.
    Downside is its a bit small, gets very busy throughout college year

First few weeks of term is crazy, all the newbies out doing the Bi's and 100million crunches, but they usually disappear after a couple of weeks never to be seen again!

As for instructors, its motivating to see them training hard themselves. One of the lads is a competitive powerlifter and I heard recently he holds the national Deadlift record, nice work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.