Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did you start drinking coffee?

Options
  • 15-11-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm new here but I've been having a snoop around the coffee forum trying to figure out which is the best coffee brand to get me started!

After trawling through loads of posts I thought it might be fun to ask why/when did you first start drinking coffee? ...I'll start :)

I'm starting to drink coffee because I hear it's good for burning fat ...I'm a bit of a gym bunny :P

So why/when did you start drinking coffee??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Worked in a petrol station when I was in school at weekends. After a while there, we got in a Rob Roberts filter coffee machine, the one with the 2 jugs. First thing you'd do when you opened up was make a pot. I'd find myself drinking half a pot by myself, the smell alone was absolutely gorgeous.

Filter coffee is still my favourite as a result, but it's hard to get these days.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I started after I stopped drinking alcohol lol ....many moons ago ;)

Very cheap filter coffee that still tastes good:

1. Lidl's expresso in the tin

2. (They've raised the price lately)....but Bewley's Rich Roast is delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 floralista

I know isn't the smell amazing?! That's definitely the best part for me (so far!) My taste buds are still getting acquired.

I must try that Lidl one...that'd be a good inexpensive way to start! What's your opinions on instant coffee? Is that a no go if you want a "proper" tasting coffee??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I am not an instant-coffee fan unless it's an emergency :P-meaning there is absolutely no other choice. In fact instant coffee is made from a different type of plant and is picked from a more robust plant located lower on the mountain (I am pulling this from memory when I attended an awesome coffee-school at Bewleys last year so forgive the vague description lol). So yes there is a big difference in taste.

Happy drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

I started drinking coffee very early in life. I 'm not irish, where I come from coffee is a huge part of social life.

The best way to start? Go to a good coffee shop ( can recommend a few depending on where you live), try the coffee there, find out what you like, and go from there. I think a moka pot ( or aeropress, or french press ) , paired with some freshly roasted beans ( ireland has a few roasteries) would be the best ( although maybe not dirt cheap) way to get into coffee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Tuesday.

Started Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

Tuesday.

Started Tuesday.

Were flares still in fashion on that Tuesday? :D

Advertisement