Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena [US] **Spoilers**

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Brilliant finale, wrapped everything up

I know they had to write Gannicus out of it but I figured he'd be killed
    And was watching out for that rat Asher to get crippled. Actually he is lower then a rat!

I'm going to go back and rewatch Blood and Sand now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

So the only person who thought 1-5 were brilliant is the only person disappointed in the finale? The first 30 minutes were rubbish, the only saving grace was finding out that Solonius turned on Batiatus rather than the other way around and the primus. The killer blow was knowing that Gannicus is in season 2, thanks to the spoiler in this thread so I knew he wouldn't fight Crixus in the final, only the granting of freedom as the way he escaped was a pleasant surprise. Tullius was dealt with too easily and they never explained why Vettius wouldn't send word of the murder while he is away and out of reach. Finally I am of the conclusion you could not watch this before season one because the spoilers at the start and the end would ruin it, plus the individual events, Solonius turning, Ashur being gimped, Crixus become champion, Batiatus turning to the darkside etc would not have the same impact or meaning. Still overall brilliant mini series but slightly let down at the final hurdle. If season 2 is as good, I will still be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Excellent conclusion to a really good mini-series.

Gannicus going free was genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Sherifu wrote: »
    Excellent conclusion to a really good mini-series.

Gannicus going free was genius.

+ giving further reason why Quintus and Selonius hated each other so much in B&S + gave Gannicus
    a way to be in the upcoming season 2, since he's one of four general's in Spartacus' slave revolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Is it not pretty well known that Gannicus was
    one of the slave leaders in the Third Servile War
    , and thus HAD to survive GOTA?
    Or am I the 'odd' one for researching this stuff? :eek:
    :D

I'm not so sure they should have included the prefix and suffix of the events of Spartacus's revolt at the beginning and end of GOTA.
    I think it revealed too much to viewers that hadn't seen B&S, to no great purpose, and those of us who HAVE seen B&S know 'the future' anyway.
    Without them (the prefix and suffix), the series would stand alone quite nicely, while still containing lots of delicious revelations for those who know 'the future'.
    I particularly think that Quintus's "We will get what we deserve" speech would be all the better for NOT having the certainty of his death explicitly shoved in our faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Melodeon wrote: »
    Is it not pretty well known that Gannicus was one of the slave leaders in the Third Servile War, and thus HAD to survive GOTA?
    No.

This is called a spoiler.

Thanks.

I would have left out Andy Whitfield in the opening prologue.....simply because Liam McIntyre had been cast as Sparty + ease new folks into Liam much better, but i would still have kept those scenes where Quintus and Lucretia were lying dead.

Vokes wrote: »
    No.

This is called a spoiler.

Thanks.

:rolleyes: we know he survived, the series is over...we know he's gonna be in season 2, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Melodeon

:rolleyes: we know he survived, the series is over...we know he's gonna be in season 2, ffs.
    I suppose, in fairness, you'd need to have some knowledge of the history of the slave revolt to know what he's likely to be doing in season 2 though.

What happens is SPOILER:
    THEY ALL DIE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Do Doctore know about Gannicus and his wife?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Do Doctore know about Gannicus and his wife?

No, but with Lucretia
    in season 2
    you can guarantee that info will find it's way to the ear of Doctore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

I enjoyed the finale even though it played out differently to what I was expecting. I thought that some sort of battle against Tullyius and his men would be the climax of the episode. In the end though, the final fight scene was epic! Also liked the twist in regards to Salonius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I wonder will we see that snake Asher in Season 2.
    Not realy looking for a spoiler, just thinking out loud here. :)

I suppose it's pretty likely he'll be back. Hope he gets what's coming to him

HUGE numbers for the finale, biggest to date!...well done Sparty!

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (STARZ, 10:01pm, 64 minutes)
    - 1.724 million viewers
    - N/A HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gannicus to return in Season 2? Didn't see it coming him being free here and he has unfinished business with crixus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

calex71 wrote: »
    Gannicus to return in Season 2? Didn't see it coming him being free here and he has unfinished business with crixus

Well if you read the worst spoiler in the history of boards in the first post in this thread you would believe it and take away from the whole prequel............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Well if you read the worst spoiler in the history of boards in the first post in this thread you would believe it and take away from the whole prequel............

lol, shocking spoiler

awesome show!! just finished both seasons, shame theyre using a new actor for spart next season

by the c0ck of Jupiter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

FrostyJack wrote: »

Ha, glad I missed that while watching the series :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Hi all. I have skipped straight to the end of this thread because i have just sat down to watch the 1st episode that i recorded the other night and found that it did not record!!!!!!! My question is, are there any repeats on and if so, where and when?? thanks in advance anyone who can help.

Advertisement