Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review : 3.7 v mod from thebestshop.eu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

wow
    that looks pretty awesome
    be grand for taking outside too depending on how big it is.. it looks kinda pocket friendly

It's like a CB radio as someone said in a reply :D

Happy enough with eGo T batteries when out and about although i might get a couple of these at some stage..

http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriverSD/shopSD/sdkeyring.shtml

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

2smok cancelled my order and redunded my money \o/
    got an email from paypal.. wonder how long it will take for 3v to register it

anyone else having trouble with their lavatubes battery reporting?

took a battery out of the charger, it reported 4.1... grand. vaped for a couple of hours, down to 3.8, not great life but i put that down to the counterfeit batteries being a smaller mah than advertised.. still ok

now however, it's reporting as being 4.0. this happened with the other battery i have charging too. started off at 4.1, down to 3.something then back up to 4.0

im not sure if I should be worried about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

Have u ever checked the voltage with multimeter ?
    U could get one at maplin for buttons
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/domestic-multimeter-37279
    it reported 4.1... grand. vaped for a couple of hours, down to 3.8, not great life
    that's normal life AFAIK

dont have a multimeter, and after buying the lavatube can't afford one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I've noticed the Trustfire chargers take a very long time to charge as opposed to the single chargers. You'll have leave the batteries sitting for a while after the charge light goes green, if you don't do this the batts will only charge to 4.1 volts and you'll get less time across the board.
    The single chargers are really fast but they also overcharge in a big way - first time I charged one of the pink batteries it read as 4.5 volts.

Overcharging kills your batteries and makes them explode if you're unlucky.

aaah
    i did notice them only registering as 4.1 after the light went green alright

i think im just gona leave it that way for now, until I get my proper branded aw imr's in the post. a slightly reduced vaping time and increased charging time is preferable to potentially exploding batteries:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

The single chargers are really fast but they also overcharge in a big way - first time I charged one of the pink batteries it read as 4.5 volts.
    What is the output of this "single charger"? u could easily find it underneath of that thing.... Suppose to be only 4.2 volts . There is definitely something wrong with charger/or battery/ or reading ....

The single charger is supposed to be 4.2 volts - from what I've heard they're not genuine CE marked items and they do seriously overcharge.

Seems like the Lavatube manufacturers did their utmost to maximise their profits - cheap untested chargers (Smoktech use the same charger for the 18650 E-power) fake batteries and cheap atomisers with the kit.
    I'm hoping it's because L-Rider went the whole hog and spent all their money on the best components for the Lavatube - I suspect that's probably not the case.

Only time will tell.

There's something I forgot to add which I found interesting. I heard from a very reliable source that Joyetech are working on a variable voltage version of the Ego.

Providing the specs are good I reckon they'll produce a really nice but affordable product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

2smok cancelled my order and redunded my money \o/

Got mine fairly swiftly too, a few opted to hang on and wait.

just checked now, the money was refunded to me. excellent \o/

a tank system seems the best solution to this. That or a gen. line, but i dont think i'm really there yet.

Hopefully one of the Irish vendors will get these soon enough;

http://www.madvapes.com/Tank-Replacement-Dual-Coil-Cartomizers-30-ohms_p_3372.html

They sound a bit nice.

oh
    that does look pretty cool
    i was gona order a chibi tank next week but im gona have to think about it now

hrm
    one of my batteries or the charger is making a high pitched squealing noise when I have it plugged in and charging
    havent tested the other battery yet, but.. that's probably not good

--edit

just checked the other battery, that's making the same high pitched noise
    so.. its probably not the case that both batteries are 5 minutes away from a catastrophic explosion but still... doesnt seem good, im pretty sure the charger wasnt doing this a couple of days ago

I did look into it because mine makes a bit of noise too but apparently it's nothing to worry about.

yeah, i braved plugging it back in and the noise goes away after a while

just ordered a chibi tank, looking forward to it arriving. its kind of annoying having to constantly top up my cartos every half hour or so. it seems like only the very top of the filler gets dried up. does make it handy to change flavours though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

just ordered a chibi tank, looking forward to it arriving. its kind of annoying having to constantly top up my cartos every half hour or so. it seems like only the very top of the filler gets dried up. does make it handy to change flavours though :)

Janey Mac. You must be spending a fortune on all this stuff?? Also, it appears that the Irish suppliers seem to be okay with supplying the general stuff but a bit behind for anything outside of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Considering what to get with my next order.

Do you think it is worth getting one of the tanks with slot in carts or a variable voltage device such as the lavatube?

Janey Mac. You must be spending a fortune on all this stuff?? Also, it appears that the Irish suppliers seem to be okay with supplying the general stuff but a bit behind for anything outside of that?

chibi tank is only 8 dollars :)

but yeah I have spent a ridiculous amount of money in the past month on e-cigs. at least that'll be the end of it for a while, with the amount of juice I have stockpiled now

• Advertisement

Tom123 wrote: »
    Considering what to get with my next order.

Do you think it is worth getting one of the tanks with slot in carts or a variable voltage device such as the lavatube?

i'd definitely reccomend the lavatube, but it's kind of a personal choice I guess. i'm loving vaping at 5 volts, i dont think i'd be happy going back to a standard ego battery now but you do have to buy higher resistance atomisers/cartomisers with the 'tube to get the best out of it so it works out quite a bit more expensive than just getting a slotted carto tank

what i'd really reccomend is get the lavatube, and a slotted carto tank :p chibi tank is only 8 dollars, and the replacement cartos pre slotted are only 2 dollars or so.

i'd definitely reccomend the lavatube, but it's kind of a personal choice I guess. i'm loving vaping at 5 volts, i dont think i'd be happy going back to a standard ego battery now but you do have to buy higher resistance atomisers/cartomisers with the 'tube to get the best out of it so it works out quite a bit more expensive than just getting a slotted carto tank

what i'd really reccomend is get the lavatube, and a slotted carto tank :p chibi tank is only 8 dollars, and the replacement cartos pre slotted are only 2 dollars or so.

OK that will be my next purchase.

Who is the best supplier and what extras are needed to get the best out of it?

well there was a bit of a snaffoo with the lavatube launch, they were shipped with falsey branded batteries so while you could just order the entire kit from irishvapers
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/lavatube/150-lavatube-kit.html

i read enough scare stories about unprotected lithium ion batteries that I ordered my own copies of the proper batteries, the ones that were supposed to come with the lavatube originally.

you can get the body on its own here
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/lavatube/151-lavatube-body.html
    but youll still need batteries, a charger and some atomisers/cartomizers

http://www.irishvapers.ie/lavatube/155-trustfire-charger-tr-001.html <-- charger

http://www.irishvapers.ie/lavatube/154-510-to-ego-adapter.html <--510 to ego adapter. not strictly neccesary, but it does improve performance. the draw is a little tighter without it, something to do with how the lavatube was made I think. it's a cheap little performance enchancer anyway.

that's 58 euro so far,
    http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/batteries/aw-imr18650.html
    i bought two of these batteries (they were the ones that were meant to be shipped with the lavatube, but the supplier in china tried to rip off the company behind the lavatube)

my order for 2 batteries came to around 23 euro incl shipping

the next thing is cartomizers, which as always is a matter of personal preference

i've been loving the boge 510's at 5 volts, i tried out the kanger horizontal coils and didn't have great luck.

http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=188 i only ordered this a few days ago so I can't say whether or not it's any good, but i've read/watched good reviews.

http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=120 these are the pre-punched cartomizers for when you want to replace the cartomizer inside the chibi tank

http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=106 a syringe for filling the tank

now like I said, I haven't tried the chibi tank so I can't speak to its reliability but from what I saw online it doesn't leak and is a sturdy, solid product and at around 8 dollars it's quite inexpensive.

what i've found with vaping at high voltages is that it's ****ing great, but it dries the **** out of the cartomizer very quickly so you have to keep dripping into the top of it to maintain that flavour/vapour production. this is why I'm getting the tank system so the carto is constantly wet, but if you want to go for a simple cartomizer sans tank

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/atomisers/510-cartomisers/empty-510-boge-cartomisers-2.html

these are the same as the pre-tapped boge's i linked above for the tank, but without the hole punched in. they're the same cartos ive been using with my 'tube since I got it (well, i have the xl version.. slightly bigger) and they're quality. so it's up to you whether or not you want a tank system, or a straight carto on lavatube set up. if you're swimming in cash i'd reccomend you pick up a few non punched boges as well, just so you have them to use if you dont want to take your tank out, or your tank breaks

so getting the body/charger/batteries seperately is a little more expensive (think it's about six-seven euro including shipping, and the batteries will take a week or so to arrive where the lavatube will be a next day thing.

the main choice to make is what you want to use with the lavatube, tank or tankless carto. ivapour have pretty quick delivery iirc as they are only in the uk but the chibi tank crowd are in the US so delivery will probably be a few days longer. They havent even shipped my chibi tank yet, probably because of new years holidays and whatnot so I can't say how long it takes.

gona put this in a new post cos the other one was getting a bit unwieldy

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1078&products_id=7615
    if you want you can order a lot of the boge cartos here, the shipping is quick enough from china if you select the EMS courier(my order shipped on the 12th dec arrived on the 20th). the problem is there is a minimum shipping charge of 20 dollars with the courier so you'd have to buy a fair amount of the boges to get any kind of saving. you can play around with the different sites i linked to see which gives the best deal for you

if you do order from healthcabin, i'd reccomend the stainless regular resistance ones. that way you can just buy a chibi tank body (or any other tank that will fit a boge carto) later on and punch a hole in them yourself using a .. um... crap i forget the name of the tool to use, but you get them in any hardware store. i saw a video on youtube and it looked about as simple as tieing your shoelaces.

wherever you order from, the stainless are the best to get so that you can use them in a tank system if you want without having to take off the black wrapping and clean off all the glue.

dont know if I helped here or just made everything even more confusing :)

oh, forgot to say. make sure to get the regular resistance (parkesvaping calls them HV or high volt)cartomizers, whatever you do end up getting. vaping a low resistance cartomizer on a lavatube offers no benefit as the lavatube has a safety feature that limits the voltage whenever a low res carto is attached, so youd have spent all that money for the exact same performance you'd get from a normal ego battery

--edit

forgot to mention

flashaholics (the battery site) have a voucher code for 8% off CPF and from memory the irishvapers voucher code is BOARDS

Cheers Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, that is a great post!

the main choice to make is what you want to use with the lavatube, tank or tankless carto. ivapour have pretty quick delivery iirc as they are only in the uk but the chibi tank crowd are in the US so delivery will probably be a few days longer. They havent even shipped my chibi tank yet, probably because of new years holidays and whatnot so I can't say how long it takes.

well looks like I was wrong about that, it arrived this morning \o/
    shipped on the 27th, arrived on the fourth. ntb at all

--edit
    just filled it and vaping now
    having to use a needle to fill it up is kinda annoying, i must be doing it wrong but it always takes me a ****ing age to fill the syringe with juice
    once that's full though you just slip the needle into the tank and fill.. easy peasy

great vape, great flavour.. it is a boge after all, nice airy draw as well. it works fine just screwed into the lavatube but does work better with the 510-ego adapter

looks pretty sweet sitting on the lavatube

i got 2 chibi tanks with cartos already inside and 7 replacement prepuinched cartos, shipping was 5 dollars and came to 38.50 dollars altogether. not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

having to use a needle to fill it up is kinda annoying, i must be doing it wrong but it always takes me a ****ing age to fill the syringe with juice
    once that's full though you just slip the needle into the tank and fill.. easy peasy

Next time you order from Health Cabin pick up some of these...work on 50ml too
    http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1057_1060&products_id=7914

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

if you do order from healthcabin, i'd reccomend the stainless regular resistance ones. that way you can just buy a chibi tank body (or any other tank that will fit a boge carto) later on and punch a hole in them yourself using a .. um... crap i forget the name of the tool to use, but you get them in any hardware store. i saw a video on youtube and it looked about as simple as tieing your shoelaces.

That would be a hammer and a nail....sorry:) The tool you probably mean is a saddle valve

--edit

I'll get one of these when I have the cash - it'll be a while though - bloody Christmas.
    Try using one of the large syringe bodies with the needle, takes about a tenth of the normal time to fill anything up.

• Advertisement

im noticing something strange, juices taste a little different in the tank than they do just using a regular boge

not bad, they still taste good and they taste very similar to what they did in a normal boge but.. there is something different about it

Advertisement