Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

need opinions please

Options
  • 27-09-2010 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

(HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION) if I got myself into a bit of trouble at the weekend when myself and my girlfriend had a going away party to say goodbye to our friends on saturday night because we are going to australia.I dont normally drink but If I ended up getting stupid drunk and got into a fight and got arrested and I have never experienced anything like it in my life its all a complete blackout which led me to believe i was drugged, and if I was not very co-operative with the police and if my legs where black and blue and I could hardly walk but I was given 4 charge sheets.
    1. assault on the person I was fighting with this is wrong as he atacked me first as 2 witnesses have told me
    2.resisting a garda in the execution of his duty, I dont think I can argue
    3.intoxicated in a public place again I cant argue
    4.engaged in threatning,abusive or insulting behaviour to breach the peace, I cant argue

and I was terrified this is going to affect my trip to australia on the 12th of october I have to appear in court on the 8th behaviour like that is completely out of character for me and if I rang the guard and explained an apologised for all of it and he said he would take it on board but court procedings have to go ahead thats his job.and my realtionship with my girlfriend was in jeopardy if I cant go away. I am a 21 year old unemployed apprentice electrician thats why we are leaving for a better life would I be entitled to legal aid? I appreciate any info you can give as to the outcome or what I should do, Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

With no previous and a solicitor you might hope to escape a conviction for drunk and disorderly. The resist arrest is a bit hairy, but your apology was a good move and this whole thing may or may not work out well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 darrendoyle

thanks I hope it works out I cant justify the way I must have behaved but its really not me I have no clue how I got like that and I dont have any previous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

First off, what part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 darrendoyle

dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

(HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION)
    :rolleyes:

No legal advice given here. See a solicitor and try to get legal aid.

-

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement