Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

...and mdlb takes the lead in the challenge for 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Its not clear to me whether we are working off the same targets as have done previously. And damn you RacoonQueen. Still, second place is as high as I'm likely to get this this at any stage.

Edit: and as I speak, Bryangiggsy updates to put me in a tie for first! Close the competition now....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll never be top again though. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I'm going to have to find some way of measuring milage on my turbo now! :D

Same targets folks, OP edited.

You won't have to change the font colour in the google doc, I have it formtted to do that once you hit the benchmarks.

• Advertisement

I'm going to have to find some way of measuring milage on my turbo now! :D

I'd use my average rolling road speed for an approximation. Its subjective. If you were doing hard intervals you may do 35km or more in an hour on the turbo. Doing BG work you might only do 20-25km although it hurts just as much. Maybe we could establish a standard 30km per hour of turbo if you don't have a monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

If you have a cateye or something similar just rig it to the rear wheel. I did that before but had to have the cateye closer to the rear wheel than the handlebar to get a signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Should it automatically sort the last table by points and position, it does not seem to after i enter in the information.
    Keep notes of your YTD figures as the year progresses folks just in case someone deletes your info!!

Should it automatically sort the last table by points and position, it does not seem to after i enter in the information.
    Keep notes of your YTD figures as the year progresses folks just in case someone deletes your info!!

Good man JB (you mean you don't have a sweaty notbook version of your stats ?! )

I'm, not sure if google doc auto sorts but I stand to be educated on that. I only used it for the first time this morning, imported a file from excel workbook. The rank and font are just formulae and conditional formats. For now the sorting is manual

Edit: I've an idea how to get the table to aut rank itself once people start hitting targets. It may involve me taking the file offline for an hour or so in a few months. Without cunavalos posting his usual monster cycling mileage it will be interesting to see who get the to the first green mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

The google docs link might work well as regards dicussion as well, any comments were usually hoovered up and lost with all the updating beneath it but at least the link we need to go to update always remains at the top of this discussion.

Mind you it may need to be a sticky if no-one is posting any comments in here and it goes back to page 5 or 6

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Do you need a Google account for that to open?

Oryx wrote: »
    Do you need a Google account for that to open?

Nope just click the link.

Edit: I'm just assuming that as I can access it without logging in to my google account. I've also set the access to 'anyone' who can open teh link.

Good man JB (you mean you don't have a sweaty notbook version of your stats ?! )

I'm, not sure if google doc auto sorts but I stand to be educated on that. I only used it for the first time this morning, imported a file from excel workbook. The rank and font are just formulae and conditional formats. For now the sorting is manual

Edit: I've an idea how to get the table to aut rank itself once people start hitting targets. It may involve me taking the file offline for an hour or so in a few months. Without cunavalos posting his usual monster cycling mileage it will be interesting to see who get the to the first green mark!

I have a nice clean version of Training Peaks so no need for the sweaty notebook:) I was more thinking of people who may not log their yearly totals and only inputted and updated as the sessions went by. If there detals were lost on the old table they had a reference to go back to their last table post where they do not have that with google docs.
    I am sure there is a way to autosort the last column by number but i did not want to start messing with it in case i broke it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

We wondered about that on the 1000 mile running table too, but you can restore previous versions of a google doc

I'll never be top again though. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :cool:

You finished top of the run bit last year :rolleyes:

Covet that swim lead, interested must be away skiing or somehing...

I'm disgusted to be third in the run. Junk miles being thrown on the end of tonights intervals. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Got it. Works on my pc but not on my phone. Can you freeze the title row, I didnt want to mess with it, but as you scroll down further it will be easier to still see the titles.

Got it. Works on my pc but not on my phone. Can you freeze the title row, I didnt want to mess with it, but as you scroll down further it will be easier to still see the titles.

Also, the 1000mile challenge has a second page which auto sorts the data from page one. Think you said that you are sorting manually at present which obviously isnt sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

What if I'm still deciding on a target distance race?

Dory Dory wrote: »
    What if I'm still deciding on a target distance race?

Put in an X that's for the runners and cyclists who do a bit of cross training. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Put in an X that's for the runners and cyclists who do a bit of cross training. :)

And then when I decide which tri distance I'm doing I can change my entry?

With the inclusion of Dory i can see some contest between the 3 girls now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

Looks like my new year LSR has me on top of the runners :) This will be the only time this year me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I've added myself in there. It's my first year in triathlon so I probably wont be achieving major numbers but I'll give it a go.

Now if only I could stop falling off the bloody bike!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Also, the 1000mile challenge has a second page which auto sorts the data from page one. Think you said that you are sorting manually at present which obviously isnt sustainable.

I did a bit of messing around in the background earlier today and both those things should now be done. I think someone else may have fixed the top row on the first sheet before I got to it though.

robinph wrote: »
    . I think someone else may have fixed the top row on the first sheet before I got to it though.
    Yeah I did that. Just couldn't open the second tab in work, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Put myself in just there. Not a triathlete, just a cyclist with a bit of a running problem... although maybe the other way round at this point. Anyway, this is the first winter I've kept the training up so might be able to get some respectable numbers by the year end! Good bit of extra motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

And I've lifted myself from dead last :).

Just me and Bally8 in for sprint distance so far!

No one messes with my run lead. :cool:

• Advertisement

No one messes with my run lead. :cool:

And you've finally logged some bike time. We're all sooo proud!

Advertisement