Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

okay Pat, we GET IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Yakuza wrote: »
    How do you "upload" money, Tina?
    Tina doesn't post here (so far as I know) so I will answer your question: you do it online.
    Have you invented Star Trek-esque teleportation / matter transformation?
    Everybody knows that Al Gore, and not Tina Leonard, invented the internet.

The use of the word upload for putting a debit card in funds is well-established.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The use of the word upload for putting a debit card in funds is well-established.

That's news to me, I'll have to take your word for it. Terms I'd have used are transfer or load or even charge. Upload generally refers to transferring data from one computer to another (making a digital copy in the process).

I do concede "upload" might have slipped into the vernacular with some form of bastardised meaning of the word in the context of putting money on a prepaid card, but I hadn't heard it until today. It took Tina and your good self to show me the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... It took Tina and your good self to show me the light.
    Glad to be of service.

You can verify by googling "upload money".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Pat was really thinking of the children during that segment on the cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

That was some load of waffle from the Labour guy .... trying to pretend he has something to say while saying nothing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

this is some amount of waffle on now. does he always give as much time on fridays for political drivel? just had that muppet from sinn feinn boast to us that hes been in elected life 27 years. 27 years living the easy life sponging of the state to long

Overhearing the producer again on PK show this morning .... I can accept a one of technical hitch but EVERY morning it's getting very, very annoying :mad:

Callan57 wrote: »
    Overhearing the producer again on PK show this morning .... I can accept a one of technical hitch but EVERY morning it's getting very, very annoying :mad:

Ah! So it's not just voices in my head :). Most annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Just heard it there again, very poor.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Actually actually actually effectively actually.

Aaaargh!

eta - forgot essentially.....

Jaysus, Pat, let the RePak guy get a word in edgeways.

Cue the music segment - Pat's voice drops to his huskiest in anticipation of the "wow" or some such accolade after the warbling has ceased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Nice cock up at the start there, full marks to the production team, they really are playing a blinder, Could that not have been pre recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Cue the music segment - Pat's voice drops to his huskiest in anticipation of the "wow" or some such accolade after the warbling has ceased.
    I love Pats music voice, "okaaaaay". He's a real charmer if there's a female singer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh Jeebus, Johnny Cash would be rolling in his grave if he could hear this singingscreeching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If I was going to parody the hillbilly segment of Pat kenny's show this is the band I would use..

lol .. Pat was a bit premature with the trademark "Wow" .. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did you hear Pat going 'WOW' when he thought the song was over?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

lol .. Pat was a bit premature with the trademark "Wow" .. :D

Snap

• Advertisement

nudger wrote: »
    Nice cock up at the start there, full marks to the production team, they really are playing a blinder, Could that not have been pre recorded.

I thought we were going to get 1, 2, 1,2 .... but in fairness they were good when they got going, reminded me of the banjo in the movie Deliverance :)

"the head office is in case because there was a condition that the it had to be within 15 to 20 minutes of an airport"

Are they talking about Weston Airport, or have they been doing their planning on Apple Maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

"the head office is in case because there was a condition that the it had to be within 15 to 20 minutes of an airport"

Are they talking about Weston Airport, or have they been doing their planning on Apple Maps?

He is probably thinking of speeding around the city in the ministerial lanes. I've noticed our leaders think traffic, roads etc are no longer a problem since they voted to allow themselves use the bus lanes.

Had to turn off that FF fool & his attention seeking little stunt ... now Cathy Synnott. Ah hell I'm off, couldn't be listening to this nonsense :mad:

Olivia O'Leary seems to be putting her in her place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Kathy Synnott accusing the referendum of being cynical. Says she who noticed that no one else was opposing it and therefore realised she could jump on the opposition side and get pretty much all of the 50% airtime given to opposition in any referendum to raise her profile and ressurect her failed political career. Cynical: see Synnott, Kathy.

touts wrote: »
    Kathy Synnott accusing the referendum of being cynical. Says she who noticed that no one else was opposing it and therefore realised she could jump on the opposition side and get pretty much all of the 50% airtime given to opposition in any referendum to raise her profile and ressurect her failed political career. Cynical: see Synnott, Kathy.

Exactly the reason I switched her off .... arrant cynicism & an effort to resurrenct a dead political career. Did she ever apologise for getting it completly wrong the last time she created an unfounded scare over the vaccination issue? :confused:

If she(Synnot)'s agin it, I'm for it!

Callan57 - you probably made a good call by turning off, Synnot's getting more and shrill as her points are being addressed. My finger is hovering over the stop stream button if she doesn't stop whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Synott, please stop interupting!

• Advertisement

Synott, please stop interupting!

That's what you do when you don't have a coherent agrument

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement